Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England fans, racist, or just Anti-Ferdinand?

+6
bwfc71
Copper Dragon
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently Fare executive director Piara Power has claimed their was a racist undertone to chants made against the Ferdinand brothers during our game against San Marino.

This was apparently the worst chant:

“Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put Rio on the top, put Anton in the middle, then burn the f------ lot”

All right its not a lovely chant, but its doesn't contain any highly racist words etc.

Now in my eyes that doesn't look massively racist, there has certainly been far far more racist things said at almost every stadium in the country/world this season.

To be honest Rio has been a total twat about the England ordeal. For a start no player should ever feel entitled to be called up for England, its a privilege, and the way he moaned (putting it lightly) about it was childish. Then hes called up and turns it down. I though Rio behaved disgracefully throughout the whole ordeal, was proven not to be needed and has ended it on a very very sour note, and England fans have a right to be angry at him for the ridiculous controversy he has stirred up.

I feel fans would have sung similar songs whatever his skin colour.

Are player hate chants now being seen as racist just because the player is black? because that in itself is quite racist.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree.

Ferdinand's like a 16 year old brat in everything that he does.

Needless to say, Oliver Shithead Holt from The Mirror thinks it's racist.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/england-sickening-chants-against-rio-1786627

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thanks Doffcocker, your link has pretty much confirmed my assumption that it has no relevance to them being black:

'Adapted originally, I believe, from a children’s song that involved chestnuts and sausages.

Further adapted from a Manchester United song that substituted Scousers for chestnuts. And now used for this.'

Unless of course it was sung to specifically insult black scousers... and black chestnuts.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RF=WANKER.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hahaha what a joke. How is that a racist chant?

Funny how Rio Ferdinand thinks that's racist but calling Ashley Cole a choc-ice isn't.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Only white folk can be racist Bernard, you should know that by now.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:Only white folk can be racist Bernard, you should know that by now.

Shut it, chalky!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Knew it wouldn't take Fergie long to react to this:-

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says the abusive chanting aimed at Rio Ferdinand during England's match in San Marino is a reflection of the times. The Scot seems almost resigned to the fact supporters sing and say whatever they like, regardless of whether it causes offence.

"That is the modern society I am afraid, we see a lot of that. Supporters react to many things, I don't think we can change that."

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think many England fans are racist and supporting England tends to bring out the racism, especially anti-German sentiment (although as a group they'll have a go at anyone based on their ethnicity)
I've heard many chants at England games which are out of order. When we play Germany there is always reference to the war and I remember one game when there was reference to the carpet bombing of Dresden.
The England tribe tends to sink to the lowest common denominator and finds comfort in negative national sterotyping (Frogs, Eyeties etc.) and sometimes the banter goes too far IMO.
But in this case I can't see any racist undertones and I think Piara whatsit is an idiot for even suggesting it. And there are idiots of every race, colour or creed.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't mention the war Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anton and Rio are a pair of tossers who just happen to be black. They'd be the same tossers if they were white.

I hate the way they play the race card when it suits them. This story should have been about why Rio withdrew from the England game, not England fans calling his a tosser.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Anton and Rio are a pair of tossers who just happen to be black. They'd be the same tossers if they were white.

I hate the way they play the race card when it suits them. This story should have been about why Rio withdrew from the England game, not England fans calling his a tosser.
The thing about "playing the race card" is that in order for it to have any meaning, there needs to have been a reference to ethnicity, which there clearly wasn't in this case.
If Piara Powar is saying that being disliked for being a tosser equates to being disliked for having a certain ethnicity, then is he implying that people from ethnic minorities are tossers?
If so, I think the racist bastard should banned.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I agree.

Ferdinand's like a 16 year old brat in everything that he does.

Needless to say, Oliver Shithead Holt from The Mirror thinks it's racist.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/england-sickening-chants-against-rio-1786627

Haha! I love Ollie Holt

because he writes

his articles

like this

with one thought

per sentence

and is unable to string

a coherent argument together.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This part just shows what a tosser the guy is:-

Let’s be blunt about this: groups of white men singing about burning two black men on a bonfire is repulsive. There are echoes of the Deep South that conjure images of lynchings.

It has nothing to with them being black you idiot, they are both cunts of the highest order, Anton is just a over paid footballer who has got a little bit further in the game due to his brother. As for Rio, he did what all those fans in the stadium that night would never do and that is turn his back on his country when called upon.

On another note, how does he know that all the fans singing that song the other night were all white men?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't forget his article about how the Wolves fans booing winless Terry Connor woz because he woz black.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum