Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it trendy to be anti-racist?

+4
Triumph
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Wed May 22 2013, 13:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whilst I'm completely against racism, I'm also against people piping on about it all the time. I bring this up after reading Oliver Holt's latest column in the Mirror where he admittedly makes some good points. The trouble is, he makes the same points daily and occasionally some ludicrous ones too, my personal favorite coming last year where he cited racism as the cause of tactical genius Terry Connor's unpopularity at Wolves.

For a lot of people, is it more about being seen to be anti-racist and therefore a good person than it is fighting something they just feel that strongly against?

2Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Wed May 22 2013, 13:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You probably have a point there. In the case of football managers, both Connor at Wolves and Ince at Blackburn, were sacked because of results. Colour doesn't come into it as far as I am concerned.

3Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Wed May 22 2013, 13:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a hot button with the "immigration debate" front and centre and there are a lot of interesting debates.

I wouldn't say it was "trendy" but people like Ollie Holt are just publicity seekers. There's been a move in the press to just troll readers for hits and comments now that news is basically fully online.

look at the Liz Jones, Samantha Brick articles for an example, people like littlejohn and Peter Hitchens have been doing it for years, now they have a wider audience.

These people sit at their desk and think "what would stir up a load of silliness on twitter? Oh racism is a good one!"

4Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Wed May 22 2013, 13:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oliver Holt is Emily Bishop's lad.

I bet a lot of people didn't know that but now they do.

5Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Wed May 22 2013, 13:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't bare to read his articles because of his style.

I don't know if it's editorial but why does he write.

everything like this

where there is a single idea

on a new line

Owen coyle is in the running

for the blackburn job

if they decide to make

another change

before the summer

6Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Wed May 22 2013, 15:28

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

7Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Wed May 22 2013, 15:31

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great, another thread about racism.

How trendy.

8Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Wed May 22 2013, 17:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It might be cheaper if the Government gave Luton it's own independence as a secular Sharia state. That way, they could exclude all their benefits and housing allowances.

9Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Thu May 23 2013, 07:53

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Great, another thread about racism.

How trendy.
Topical dont you think?

10Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Thu May 23 2013, 10:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know about you but I'm excited to hear what Tigermin makes of this.

11Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Thu May 23 2013, 10:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't know about you but I'm excited to hear what Tigermin makes of this.

I suspect it will be well reasoned and persuasive.

12Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Thu May 23 2013, 12:08

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The most racist rhetoric spouted week in week out is in your local Mosque ! ! They hate us with a passion and all we stand for. Strange as some of you might think I am no more Racist than the next man,I am however slightly intolerant when things like yesterday happened,think it will be Saturday or Sunday when all the handwringers start popping up saying it wasnt their fault etc etc we must be christian etc etc Hope neither of them is Gay or that lot will start as well !!!!

13Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Thu May 23 2013, 12:22

Tigermin wrote:The most racist rhetoric spouted week in week out is in your local Mosque ! ! They hate us with a passion and all we stand for. Strange as some of you might think I am no more Racist than the next man,I am however slightly intolerant when things like yesterday happened,think it will be Saturday or Sunday when all the handwringers start popping up saying it wasnt their fault etc etc we must be christian etc etc Hope neither of them is Gay or that lot will start as well !!!!

scratch

So do you believe every Muslim supports what happened yesterday then? And they preach all preach racism and hatred week in week out at the local mosque?? lol!

Problem is I think you probably believe that, have you considered joining the EDL? Seems full of like minded people.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZCaWH96xw

15Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Empty Re: Is it trendy to be anti-racist? Thu May 23 2013, 13:43

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not sure if it's 'trendy' to be anti-racist, but it's definately Politically Correct.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum