Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we don't go up this season.

+10
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
CAMPO
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1If we don't go up this season. Empty If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 20:44

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can't see us competing next season, when you think of the teams coming down coupled with the likes of Leeds, Middlesboro, and the current top 4, we will struggle to make top 10 next season, our best chance is this season, I honestly think if we can make the play offs we will win it, in my opinion this is our only chance for many a year to come.

2If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 20:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The teams that come down always rip up the league to be fair.

3If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bellend, why would Boro or Leeds be in any better position to mount a challenge than us?

We won't get in the play-offs this season, next season depends on Dougie and who he brings in.

4If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 20:52

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I agree Martin, if we can get back up this time, we will struggle, but the money and Dougie's nous might just be enough to stay up and if we come back down we'll have improved the cash situation.
If we dont go up this time it may take 2 seasons to rebuild a decent sqaud

5If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 20:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I don't think we will go up this season and would be pleasantly surprised if we made the play offs. This is exactly what I predicted when Gartside failed to sack Coyle after the clueless tosser got us relegated.

However I think we have a real chance next season if Dougie can bring in the right people.

6If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 20:53

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:You bellend, why would Boro or Leeds be in any better position to mount a challenge than us?

We won't get in the play-offs this season, next season depends on Dougie and who he brings in.

you do talk a lot of sense, luv

7If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 20:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The teams that come down always rip up the league to be fair.

What like Wolves, Blackburn and us?

8If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 20:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The teams that come down always rip up the league to be fair.

Wink

9If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 21:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Wake up xmiles, you bellend.

10If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 21:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol.

11If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:17

Hard to say but I definitely think we'll be in a far better position than the start of this, so long as the right players come and go but Im quite confident about that with Dougie.

12If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well we'll see, but I am not confident about next season in this league, theres at least 8 clubs with better finances than us.

13If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Well we'll see, but I am not confident about next season in this league, theres at least 8 clubs with better finances than us.

With having a debt of £135 million to service I would think most teams in most divisions have better finances than us!

Anyone who doesn't think it would be in the interest of the club to be in the Premier League next season - even if we did not get a single point - is completely and utterly financially clueless.

The reason why the club debt spiralled to this as nothing at all to do with the income we received and everything to do with the expenditure we decided to make.

14If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:57

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:I can't see us competing next season, when you think of the teams coming down coupled with the likes of Leeds, Middlesboro, and the current top 4, we will struggle to make top 10 next season, our best chance is this season, I honestly think if we can make the play offs we will win it, in my opinion this is our only chance for many a year to come.

I don't think there is that much 'scary' competition to be honest.

I think the 3 relegated teams will be the current ones:

Aston Villa - Total shite, they have Benteke but would be in with a high chance of being sold. They will probably stay around the top half though, but won't storm it.

Reading - Not very worrying, its Reading.

QPR - Who knows what will happen, no idea who will end up staying and who will leave, there are a mess to be honest.

I don't see any reason why we couldn't match any of this seasons playoff 4 next year, and to be honest no one out of the top 6 is very good at all.

15If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair even before a ball was kicked this season I predicted we would finish 11th. Currently, possibly with a bit more optimism I am saying we will reach the play-off final against Palace.

To be fair its a double-edged sword no matter which way we look at it....

Yes finiancially speaking promotion would be great, BUT as soon as we get promotion we will have to pay Premier League prices for players, that we will be buying to strengthen for our campaign back in teh League, which will increase the cost ratio and would probably extend our debt. Stay in the Championship and, although we will receive year 2 of the parachute money, we will still have to tighten our belts and probably our debt will increase, due to higher interest payments and trying to keep the fanbase by promotions. It just a case of which ids teh lesser of the two evils and whether wanted success is a choice or a chore!

edit: Also don't forget what are the positions of the teams that came down last season - we are currently 9th, Rovers and Wolves are in danger of slipping further down into League 1! Like many other once demoted it is hard to adapt and will probably not walk the league like we, and Rovers, were supposed to do.

16If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Mon Apr 01 2013, 23:01

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

IF??????????????? there is no chance we are going up this season,wake up !!! we cant beat the likes of Ipswich and Charlton,give me a break.At the end of the season Dougie will be crushed in the exodus of players trying to get the fuck out of there and as to attracting new talent,that went when we got relegated.Still renewed my season ticket so who is the fuckwit !!!!

17If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Tue Apr 02 2013, 02:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tigermin wrote:IF??????????????? there is no chance we are going up this season,wake up !!! we cant beat the likes of Ipswich and Charlton,give me a break.At the end of the season Dougie will be crushed in the exodus of players trying to get the fuck out of there and as to attracting new talent,that went when we got relegated.Still renewed my season ticket so who is the fuckwit !!!!
Sense has been spoken o wise one..... the likes of Southampton would hammer us if we do get up. We may still nick into 6th place but who has confidence of winning playoff games? Barnsley put 5 past us with aplom..... well anyway it will make for some good debates on here.

18If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Tue Apr 02 2013, 08:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie's problem has been his inability to find a settled team. Has he ever picked the same team running? He still has no idea who his best strikers are.

He needs to shape his squad early in the Summer, get them playing together in pre-season and hit the ground running. None of this signing players in August bollocks.

And most importantly he needs to find a leader or two that give a shit. Dougie can bullshit about the so-called spirit in the team all day, but we've lost all these leads because the players have no bottle.

19If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Tue Apr 02 2013, 08:42

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The last 2 games have made it very hard for ourselves, some of the confidence gained from that run of wins will have gone so I think we will miss out, just! we are not ready anyway yet, next season will be a different story I feel.

20If we don't go up this season. Empty Re: If we don't go up this season. Tue Apr 02 2013, 11:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As unlikely as the chances of it happening are, getting promoted this season would be a nice problem to have. Either way, there will be an exodus at the end of the season and Dougie will have to rebuild on zero budget. The difference is that if we go up, he will be allowed some money to spend and players are more likely to want to play for us in the Prem. Being relegated straight away isn't too serious if we've pocketed a few quid along the way which will help us start to get back on track financially. If there's any chance of promotion we should grab it with both hands.
Conversely if we don't go up, we'll have an exodus - probably a greater exodus - and have to rebuild with less money from a smaller pool of potential signings. In some ways it might help to open the door for our younger players to step up, but we'd be dependent on them making the grade - or face a struggle at this level. It would be Dougie's team although his hands would be tied financially as to what he could achieve.
Of the 2 scenarios, getting promoted is by far the more desirable from a financial stability and potential future growth perspective - but from the fans perspective we'd have to be prepared to be the whipping boys again in the short term at least - perhaps recognising that it would be in the longer term interests of the club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum