Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Square One

+13
Lyric Todkill
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
xmiles
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
Triumph
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
bwfc71
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Square One Empty Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 13:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There were various reasons as to why this forum was set up. For some it was the chance to join a forum where none of the bullying, baggage etc would be allowed to brought here and people could start a freash. This was at a point when a certain other Bolton forum (Burnden Aces) was at a crux point where it would, as history shows, people would leave because of the in-fighting, bullying of memebers, bullying of new members and the crudeness of the posts that where happening at the time.

Almost 18 months later it now seems we are virtually at the same position but on this forum. Certain cretins have left BA,and other forums, because it was so quiet, and joined here but they have brought the quarreling, bullying and crudeness to this forum, and I have to admit this forum has been spoiled by it - it is no longer the same. Some may say it is the evolution of the forum. I don't. In fact I see it as a takeover by the same cretins who move from forum to forum spoiling it for others, crippling it so much that it becomes dead in the water (a-la BA).

This is certainly not a criticism at the mods, who have a hard job in trying to stop the fighting, bullying etc, but it is certainly a criticism of those who have joined to spoil the forum - We all know that they will get their way, force people onto other, or new, forums and then they will move on and just do the same again and again.

Unfortunately, I now feel that this forum is damaged, its not beyond repair at this stage, but it could soon be if repairs are not quick. I don't know what the repairs are, or could be, but something needs doing as it is going downhill quickly!

It is now at the point, I honestly do not want to post on here anymore, without the fear of the posts becoming an "amos-bashing" threads like what happened on another forum, or where I post something different to certain other posters and then I get vilified for thinking differently. I have also noticed that other posters are beginning to get the treatment as well.

For now, maybe a limited period or full-time, I will only come on to read, as the fear of ruining this forum has become to big.

So, many thanks and appreciations to the mods, over the last 18 months, and its has been good fun, until recently. I will still have a chuckle at some of the posts from the more decent, genuine, posters, but it is a sad state that when a post like this has to appear it just shows much much this forum has fallen, so far.

2Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 13:25

Square One Why-laughter-may-be-the-best-pain-medicine_1

3Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 13:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who are these "cretins" that you mention?

4Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get that you're not happy with some of the stuff on here Chris, but you're being a bit vague about it. Understand that you can't have a go at particular users - is there a way where you can outline what the specific issues are so that we can at least get it on the table?
I don't think that quitting or at least not posting is the answer. If you're making a fair point then surely it can be sorted out?

5Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 18:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's a square one ?

6Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 19:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't agree tbh, I've not noticed any of those things you mention.

It's not even 5% as bad as it was on BA which was basically just a free for all.

Obviously you've got a problem with a few peoples posts, use the ignore function.

7Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 19:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He slags off BAs then goes off and posts on there straight after ?

8Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 19:50

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

As a newish member I can't really comment on the early days but I am surprised at the some of the language and threats that appear, is there really any need for it?

9Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 19:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:As a newish member I can't really comment on the early days but I am surprised at the some of the language and threats that appear, is there really any need for it?

Agree.

10Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:As a newish member I can't really comment on the early days but I am surprised at the some of the language and threats that appear, is there really any need for it?

Most of the time it's just panto.

sometimes goes too far granted.

but no where near as far as it went on BA.

11Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:04

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Who were/are you on BA Hips.

12Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People can and will use any language they want, we're all adults here, grow up.

I have never seen a genuine threat on here.

13Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Who were/are you on BA Hips.

le god

14Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just for background for those who might wonder what this is about.

BWFC71 / Chris Amos as a long history on various BWFC forums dating back years.

His 'style' as always been to give way too much personal information out about himself and consequently get the piss taken out of him / ridiculed.

I've in the past I've had numerous quiet words with Chris about cutting out posting about his private life and keeping it to himself - yet still he persisted and I believe his Facebook account is still opened for all and sundry to read and post about even to this day.

It's this fact about him not taking the slightest precaution what so ever about becoming more of a private person on the forum and refusing to take the simplest steps to make his social media account less accessible to anyone and their dog which led me to the conclusion that he in fact WANTS the attention. Indeed so much so that I've long concluded that he is simply a wum himself.

I doubt very much now that a 'Chris Amos' even exists but is no more than yet another fictional character.

The worrying part though, that if that is so someone as spent a huge amount of time creating this fake persona (and Facebook account) - then again I have personal knowledge of an adult posting as a child - so there are some strange people out there.

However I guess people can be and do what they want on the internet (as long as they don't break the law obviously).

Anyway there is a huge amount of baggage that comes with Amos and I have tried to reason with others to leave that away from here - and to a large part I think they've done just that and it is pleasing to see others such as Hipsters post above confirming that to me.

But what point is there in me seeking some sort of peace and calm for him on this forum when all he does is to deliberately stir the pot repeatedly over on Burnden Aces then seemingly rush back here to seek some sort if sanctuary from those he jousts with elsewhere?

Although no one as asked him to withdraw from this forum, his voluntary step away from posting on here will almost certainly be a good thing for the forum as it should stop the ceaseless sniping that goes on between him and a number of shall we say his 'play mates'.

I'm all for a laugh but this 'joke' as gone on far, far, far too long and simply isn't funny anymore to the vast majority of us who have had to endure it over the years.

I wish Mr Amos (or the person behind his persona) well but I'd be grateful if he left sufficient time for all the nonsense to fade and die away before he decides to return - for the good of us all.

15Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:Just for background for those who might wonder what this is about.

His 'style' as always been to give way too much personal information out about himself and consequently get the piss taken out of him / ridiculed.

I've in the past I've had numerous quiet words with Chris about cutting out posting about his private life and keeping it to himself - yet still he persisted and I believe his Facebook account is still opened for all and sundry to read and post about even to this day.

It's this fact about him not taking the slightest precaution what so ever about becoming more of a private person on the forum and refusing to take the simplest steps to make his social media account less accessible to anyone and their dog which led me to the conclusion that he in fact WANTS the attention. Indeed so much so that I've long concluded that he is simply a wum himself.

I doubt very much now that a 'Chris Amos' even exists but is no more than yet another fictional character.

The worrying part though, that if that is so someone as spent a huge amount of time creating this fake persona (and Facebook account) - then again I have personal knowledge of an adult posting as a child - so there are some strange people out there.

However I guess people can be and do what they want on the internet (as long as they don't break the law obviously).

Anyway there is a huge amount of baggage that comes with Amos and I have tried to reason with others to leave that away from here - and to a large part I think they've done just that and it is pleasing to see others such as Hipsters post above confirming that to me.

But what point is there in me seeking some sort of peace and calm for him on this forum when all he does is to deliberately stir the pot repeatedly over on Burnden Aces then seemingly rush back here to seek some sort if sanctuary from those he jousts with elsewhere?

Although no one as asked him to withdraw from this forum, his voluntary step away from posting on here will almost certainly be a good thing for the forum as it should stop the ceaseless sniping that goes on between him and a number of shall we say his 'play mates'.

I'm all for a laugh but this 'joke' as gone on far, far, far too long and simply isn't funny anymore to the vast majority of us who have had to endure it over the years.

I wish Mr Amos (or the person behind his persona) well but I'd be grateful if he left sufficient time for all the nonsense to fade and die away before he decides to return - for the good of us all.

Amen.

16Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 22:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Just for background for those who might wonder what this is about.

Amen

17Square One Empty Re: Square One Sat Apr 06 2013, 23:07

I can't work out whether bwfc71 is serious or taking the piss. Either way what a tit.

18Square One Empty Re: Square One Sun Apr 07 2013, 00:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:I can't work out whether bwfc71 is serious or taking the piss. Either way what a tit.

This.

19Square One Empty Re: Square One Sun Apr 07 2013, 00:29

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whatever's going on, all you babyhouses need to leave any talk or any grief about Bumden Arses outside the door when you log in on here.

It's getting rather boring.

20Square One Empty Re: Square One Sun Apr 07 2013, 00:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Whatever's going on, all you babyhouses need to leave any talk or any grief about Bumden Arses outside the door when you log in on here.

It's getting rather boring.

Why are you on a bwfc forum so often?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum