Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magoo

+11
scottjames30
Jamster26
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Keegan
MartinBWFC
Copper Dragon
Mr Magoo
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 13:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Passi wrote:I don't want to be banning people or giving out warnings every 5 minutes. I want people to be free to speak as they please, but there's a difference between having a controversial point to make about something and just plain abuse.

Of course people are going to fall out and throw a bit of abuse about, but some of the recent stuff has been nasty and it will only put people off posting on here.

Personally I find a lot of the banter on here highly amusing and I want to keep it that way. Deleting posts or banning people is always a last resort, but even this site has a line that shouldn't be crossed.

:clap:

22Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 17:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder what Magoo has been upto on his day off from Bolton Nuts?

23Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 17:04

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

From my experience, Sluffy gets allot on undeserved stick.

24Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 18:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I wonder what Magoo has been upto on his day off from Bolton Nuts?

He's hanging out with ken on the other forum Very Happy

25Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 18:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Whereas I agree with Sluffy that anythng over the top should be managed, in whatever way is necessary. I believe Sluffy over-reacted, unless, and this is quite likely, that there is a history here. Did anyone ask Jayne what she thought the punishment should be ?. I don't like what Magoo said, and accept it was in very poor taste, (a misjudgement), but we seem to be flip-flopping from no censure, to jumping on somebody for what is most certainly not the worst thng that has been said on here. (Much worse things have been said to Nat, with no apparent censure). It wasn't long ago when I made a complaint to one of the moderators about the wording of an attack on Nat. I was told it was a grown up forum, and it could carry on. Different moderator agreed, but also different rules.

26Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 19:25

gloswhite wrote:Whereas I agree with Sluffy that anythng over the top should be managed, in whatever way is necessary. I believe Sluffy over-reacted, unless, and this is quite likely, that there is a history here. Did anyone ask Jayne what she thought the punishment should be ?.

Jayne didn't complain, but Mr Magoo had been warned to tone it down. I don't know about you, but where I come from asking a young woman if she "takes it up the arse" is uncalled for. I don't know if you have a daughter but would you think it acceptable for a middle-aged man to stop your daughter in the street and ask her that question? Of course not.

As far as I can remember no one has been banned for more than 24 hours in the 15 months we've been going, and of over 80,000 posts only 20 or so have been edited or deleted - I don't think anyone can accuse us of over-modding.

27Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 19:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just to add my side.

It wasn't actually me that banned him - but in the end we had no other option.

Last night I did my best to fully explain to Magoo why his remarks were not acceptable. Instead of accepting that maybe he had gone a bit too far he decided to vent on me instead.

He, as you will notice, deleted his original comment to Jayne but never the less continued to keep having a pop at me until well into the wee small hours of this morning.

After sleeping on it he then decided to carry on with his rant again this morning, until another mod (quite rightly) decided enough was enough.

I'm not sure what other action we could have taken other than to allow him to spew his bile on here to his hearts content.

At the end of the day we built this site for our enjoyment and hopefully the enjoyment of others but that doesn't stretch to being abused for simply asking someone not to post stuff like asking a young woman if she takes it up the bum.

We gave Magoo every opportunity and more to be reasonable - he decided that he was bigger than the site and so he left us with no option to give him a 24 hour ban - hardly excessive is it?

However if he decides he wants to carry on his abuse when his ban is up we won't hesitate to take firmer action for the good of us all on here.

28Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 19:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can't say fairer than that sluf.

29Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 20:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

There is a fine line between banter and abuse and I think the mods on this site get it right.

I stopped bothering with BA because a couple of posters on that site were just tediously offensive. Interestingly I gather that both of them have now been banned, although I may have misunderstood since I haven't visited BA in a while.

30Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 20:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:There is a fine line between banter and abuse and I think the mods on this site get it right.

I stopped bothering with BA because a couple of posters on that site were just tediously offensive. Interestingly I gather that both of them have now been banned, although I may have misunderstood since I haven't visited BA in a while.
Sharps is banned, Dave decided largehats a twat( which he is by the way) and now posts on another forum, could'nt tell you which one though.

31Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Mon Apr 08 2013, 20:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

MartinBWFC wrote:
xmiles wrote:There is a fine line between banter and abuse and I think the mods on this site get it right.

Sharps is banned, Dave decided largehats a twat( which he is by the way) and now posts on another forum, could'nt tell you which one though.

Cheers Martin. Very Happy

32Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 08:55

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I personally would like to see magoo banned permanently. I mean he adds nothing to the forum, nobody likes him. Please can you consider a permanent ban. What he said was disgusting. When he comes back I am going to make his life uncomfortable on here. Tosser.

33Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 08:58

is he not due back on in the next couple of hours?

34Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 09:37

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unfortunately. I not sure I want to post on the same forum as him. He is vile.

35Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:18

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Michael Bolton wrote:Unfortunately. I not sure I want to post on the same forum as him. He is vile.

You don't even know me, I take it you have never said anything you regret later, St Michael Bolton. Very Happy

36Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Magoo - Page 2 St-michael-Large

37Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 12:53

since reading magoo's comments i have been a nervous wreck. i now expect every man i meet to ask me it i take it up the bum. i have my first counseling session tonight Very Happy

38Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Passi, Sluffy, absolutely agree with your points, and no this site isn'e over-moderated, (never actually said that), and let me say that I have two daughters, 25, and 32, and if either had someone say that to them, I would expect them to handle it, assuming they were in an environment where that sort of thing could be said. As I previously posted, I didn't like what Magoo said, nor was it necessary, and I agree with the ban. It just seemed to flare up to the ban, when others have said equally, or even more outrageous, things to others on here. In this age of equality, does it really matter if the recipient was female, (although, in my old-fashioned way I think it does). Abuse is abuse, and we all know that if this was to happen to everyone equally, then half of the site would be on here every other day.

My comments aren't a criticism of the moderators, or the site, just trying to understand how this particular incident blew up so quickly.

39Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 14:35

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Magoo has always come across as a nice enough chap to me, let him stay.

40Magoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Magoo Tue Apr 09 2013, 14:38

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:since reading magoo's comments i have been a nervous wreck. i now expect every man i meet to ask me it i take it up the bum. i have my first counseling session tonight Very Happy

You will be fine Jane, just smile and be happy. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum