Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holden deal almost finalised?

+9
WhiteBic
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Boggersbelief
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 14:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In an interview with ESPN Holden spoke about his road to recovery, contract negotiations and his loan move.

"I want to be starting. I want to be back and playing every single game. It's the natural instinct of a competitor. Just to be in that environment again, it made me feel I'm back from injury and ready to push on now and take it to the next level.

"No matter how slow I was doing things, my knee was getting to the point where it wasn't really responding as I hoped. I feared the worst."

Holden is quick to add that there is no intention of the loan turning into a permanent move. Bolton has been in talks with Holden about a new contract with the player stating that all that's left is "an end-stage negotiation."

"My strength is there, my fitness is there, it's just building on that. You can always get fitter; you can always get stronger in little ways like that. And that's what's going to come in games. Getting knocked off the ball, riding a challenge, going to shoot and someone slide tackling you; you can't replicate that in rehab and training as much as you want to. Those are things I'm looking to get more of and in each game just getting better and more comfortable, and just getting back to the level I was at two years ago."

Sounds as though playing for Bolton is all he wants, if he can keep improving physically and mentally then it's a cert he will extend his stay with us!

2Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:19

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sounds good to me.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll never play for us again. (apart from the times he's played this season)

4Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

5Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe for a minute the club are in negotiations for a new contract - that would be complete madness at this stage.

More media bullshit.

6Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 20:58

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd be amazed if Holden is still at the club next season.

7Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 21:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No sign of Stuey in the team or even on the bench at tonight's game at Millwall. Should I be worried?

8Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 21:47

wanderlust wrote:No sign of Stuey in the team or even on the bench at tonight's game at Millwall. Should I be worried?

No. One game a week and 60 minutes at a time seems to be the plan.

9Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 21:52

All that is left is "an end stage negotiation".

What does that even mean? Sounds like that is when he turns round and says I want more money and another year or I'm off.

10Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Tue Apr 09 2013, 21:57

OneFinFreedman wrote:All that is left is "an end stage negotiation".

What does that even mean? Sounds like that is when he turns round and says I want more money and another year or I'm off.

Could mean that, could easily mean Dougie's waiting to see how he gets on at Sheff Wed before committing to another contract. If his knee goes again so does his contract I'd assume.

11Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Wed Apr 10 2013, 11:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Doogie has never seen him play at the level we have ..... But I think most on here would agree that he was our best player two years ago.....and that was against Prem opposition, So I would offer at least a one or two year deal. He is only 27.

12Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Wed Apr 10 2013, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Doogie has never seen him play at the level we have ..... But I think most on here would agree that he was our best player two years ago.....and that was against Prem opposition, So I would offer at least a one or two year deal. He is only 27.

He hasn't played a full league game in over two years, I really don't see the point in offering him any contract. Pay as you go would be better for the club with the reward of a full contract if he stays fit.

If he doesn't want to accept then it's no loss as we're used to playing without him.

13Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Wed Apr 10 2013, 12:18

Natasha Whittam wrote:

If he doesn't want to accept then it's no loss as we're used to playing without him.

Ye it's been non-stop success in his absence.

There's no point in getting him to this point in his recovery to just let him walk out, give him a years contract with an extension clause depending on games, I'm pretty sure that's what will be done anyway.

14Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Wed Apr 10 2013, 12:21

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Wed Apr 10 2013, 13:02

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Email from my mate who is a Sheff Wed fan...

"Comfortable on the ball, obviously a good player however far from match fit. Hasn’t really been getting involved, and not on the ball that much, fades in the second half.

Im sure this is just due to coming back from injury"

16Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Wed Apr 10 2013, 13:20

“Getting knocked off the ball, riding a challenge, going to shoot and someone slide tackling you; you can’t replicate that in rehab and training as much as you want to. Those are things I’m looking to get more of, and in each game just getting better and more comfortable, and just getting back to the level I was at two years ago.”

To Nat and any other idiot who doesn't get the difference between training and match fitness, this sums it up perfectly and highlights how good a loan move it is for Stu.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

17Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Wed Apr 10 2013, 13:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

WhiteBic wrote:Email from my mate who is a Sheff Wed fan...

"Comfortable on the ball, obviously a good player however far from match fit. Hasn’t really been getting involved, and not on the ball that much, fades in the second half.

Im sure this is just due to coming back from injury"

Sounds just like how Chungy was when he came back last season, obviously different injuries but look at Lee now compared to where he was at the start of the season.

Give him a year contract and have a look at where he is this time next year.

18Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 10:32

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes basically signed:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 10:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Apart from the signing bit.

20Holden deal almost finalised? Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 10:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It all sounds good. I think Alonso's greedy agent is filling his head with images of glory and to all intents and purposes he seem set to leave. However, if we get promoted I would think that Alonso would be more open to negotiation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum