Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holden deal almost finalised?

+9
WhiteBic
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Boggersbelief
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Holden deal almost finalised? - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 11:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Doogie has never seen him play at the level we have ..... But I think most on here would agree that he was our best player two years ago.....and that was against Prem opposition, So I would offer at least a one or two year deal. He is only 27.

He hasn't played a full league game in over two years, I really don't see the point in offering him any contract. Pay as you go would be better for the club with the reward of a full contract if he stays fit.

If he doesn't want to accept then it's no loss as we're used to playing without him.
I give you that and normally I would agree ....but I'll make an exception in this case. He is still fairly young and our best midfielder. Worth a chance IMO.

22Holden deal almost finalised? - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 11:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we get promoted I'd let Alonso go the greedy bastard, he's not quick enough for the PL and will get turned inside out every week. Damian Duff anyone?

23Holden deal almost finalised? - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If we get promoted I'd let Alonso go the greedy bastard, he's not quick enough for the PL and will get turned inside out every week. Damian Duff anyone?
Duff? You do have a thing about ageing players used to high wages, don't you? Nice to know that you value experience, but if we're ever going to make it back to the prem we're going to have to do better than Fulham's cast offs.

24Holden deal almost finalised? - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 14:05

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Is she not referring to when Duff (with his pace) terrorized him last term? Could be wrong but I'm sure when they dicked us at the reebok Alonso had a nightmare

25Holden deal almost finalised? - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 14:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:Is she not referring to when Duff (with his pace) terrorized him last term? Could be wrong but I'm sure when they dicked us at the reebok Alonso had a nightmare

Exactly. Duff absolutely murdered him that day, purely down to Alonso's lack of pace.

You don't see many slow full-backs make it in the PL these days.

26Holden deal almost finalised? - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 15:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough, although Alonso had a few nightmares last season and less so this, so I think he's improved a lot and would probably play Duffer off the park these days.

27Holden deal almost finalised? - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 19:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Fair enough, although Alonso had a few nightmares last season and less so this, so I think he's improved a lot and would probably play Duffer off the park these days.

:facepalm:

He's improved because he's at his level.

Trust me, if he moves to a top flight team he'll be found out.

28Holden deal almost finalised? - Page 2 Empty Re: Holden deal almost finalised? Fri Apr 12 2013, 19:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden has only ever played 3% of games since joining Bolton .

The club must think he's worth it.

In the 3% of games he's been shit hot tbh. so who's right and who's wrong ?

A fit Holden would be a good signing though.

They must think he's going to come back to full fitness !!!!lets hope so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum