Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bury FC to go bust in matter of days!

+2
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

BURY Football Club will go out of business in days unless they get £1 million of investment.

That is the stark message from chairman Brain Fenton as he pleads for funds from local businesses.

The directors have put an SOS plan together to save the club and are appealing for help.

“At this moment in time the situation is now critical - we are quickly running out of money by trying short-term fixes that are not working long term,” said Fenton, in a statement.

He added: “The club desperately needs £1 million of external investment to secure the long-term future of the club.''

“Without this investment the club will cease to trade and there will be no more professional football played at Gigg Lane.

“We are looking for a number of people, local businessmen or women to join a consortium and invest £100,000 each, with a guaranteed payback.”

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/10345341.Bury_FC_will_go_bust_unless_they_get___1_million/

As much as they hate us I still hope they get out of the mess they are in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again? Last time it was "sponsor a seat" to keep them afloat. Not sure if they have any novel ideas left. I won't be chucking £100k at them and I think the "guaranteed payback" is over-egging it a bit. Shame really, and I hope they make it.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How they laughed at us - A LOT when we went down.

They hoped the loss of the millions would ruin us and we would end up wound up...

Shoes on the other foot now.

Pathetic nothing club anyway, they are actually jealous of us...

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can't believe people take the Bury hatred personally. It's no different to the wild unaccountable Man United fixation that has passed through many a Bolton generation.

It's just what happens when you get one club right next to a considerably bigger one. Some people take it too far - Bury have been known to sing vicious songs about Nat Lofthouse, some of our lot's ignorance towards Munich 1958 is vile. To the majority it's harmless fun at the most.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I remember the last time they had the entrance for a fiver to supporters of other clubs with season tickets deal.

There were 20 odd different sets of fans from different clubs that attended.

Burnley had 83 there which was more than any other club.

So we've done our bit to help. Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:How they laughed at us - A LOT when we went down.

They hoped the loss of the millions would ruin us and we would end up wound up...

Shoes on the other foot now.

Pathetic nothing club anyway, they are actually jealous of us...

This is so true.

And they was singing bad things towards Fab, so fuck them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum