Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manager's Leicester Reaction

+6
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Manager's Leicester Reaction Tue Apr 16 2013, 23:39

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman was proud of his side’s efforts as Wanderers were edged by the odd goal in five against Leicester City in a thrilling match at the King Power Stadium.

Wanderers raced out of the traps and netted the opening goal of the game via a David Ngog penalty. Chris Wood then levelled with a penalty of his own before Lloyd Dyer gave the hosts the lead prior to the interval.

After half time Freedman’s side rallied and were on level terms when Darren Pratley side-footed a long throw home. However, Jeff Schlupp would net the decisive goal with a late volley in a pulsating end to the game.

Speaking in his post-match press conference Freedman said: “It was a fantastic, top quality Championship game. My players gave every single ounce of effort, but it just wasn’t to be for us tonight. The game could have gone either way.

“We started well and controlled the first half. The disappointment is that we conceded a second goal so quickly after the first.

“I thought we had good energy throughout. Josh Vela stepped in and did fantastically well.

“In the second half we changed the shape and got right back at them and created some good opportunities. Craig Davies came on the caused some real problems for the Leicester defence.

“David Ngog has gone off to the hospital for a scan to find out the exact details of the injury. Initially, we think it could be his shoulder, but we have to get that confirmed.”

“The amount of effort we put into the game tonight was there for all to see. Sometimes things go for, sometimes they don’t. If we continue that over the next period of games we’ll get the results.

“Lastly, it has to be said we had another terrific following tonight. More than 1,500 fans came to the game with us. You look at the 1,200 that came with us to Bristol and the support that we’ve had at the Reebok, people can see that we’re giving it our all.

“I hope we’ll be able to have another bumper crowd for the Middlesbrough game this weekend. We’ve got two home games and they can make a real difference.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Utter bollocks. When desperate thank the fans for their fantastic support.

Once again he drops the "lots of effort from the players" line. Shouldn't that be a given regardless of our position or situation? The fact is he fucked up with his team tactics and hasn't got the balls to say so.

My Dad went to the game and his assessment of Vela was "not very good at all" which is Dad-speak for "he was utter shit".

3Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 08:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll still finish in the play offs.

4Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:01

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

DF for the umpteenth time got it wrong again last night, Must do better!

5Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:05

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Butterfield was the weak-link last night, That lad should never be allowed near the bench again never mind the starting line up.

he was a fucking embarresment, I hope his Parents, family, girlfriend and friends are ashamed to know him - he was THAT bad.

6Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Spearing gone I'm not sure we have the class in central midfield for the final few games. What options does Dougie have if Vela and Medo don't step up to finish the job?
Agree about Butterfield. Ricketts is a better option, but exactly what has happened to Joe Riley?

7Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:45

Didn't think there was much wrong in center mid last night. Medo played well, Pratley and Vela were okay. The problem was at full back really.

8Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:47

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we'll bring Holden back. I think we have too really.

9Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 10:14

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With no spearing we do need Holden back.

Davies, Spearing and Andrews out. We had all our midfielders on last night.

10Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 14:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Vela, Pratley and Medo to choose from, that 3 don't fill me with much hope to be honest.

If he doesn't re call holden it would be bloody madness, a 3/4 match fit holden is better than Vela IMO, nothing against Vela but he didn't exactly play well last night.

11Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 15:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I like Vela's movement and passing. Unfortunately he can be fairly quiet and isn't a scrapper.

12Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 15:58

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think Vela has the potential to be a decent player for us. He shows some good touches in parts, however he can go missing allot of the time. He can only get better though.

13Manager's Leicester Reaction Empty Re: Manager's Leicester Reaction Wed Apr 17 2013, 16:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I like Vela's movement and passing. Unfortunately he can be fairly quiet and isn't a scrapper.
Vela seemed to be up for it last time out. Came across as a bit of a would-be enforcer. I feel sorry for the lad that he had a shit game last night and I reckon we'll see more of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum