Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Helping Women

+4
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Helping Women Empty Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 12:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I live in a very rural area so this is perhaps not a problem for many people, but I'd like to hear your thoughts about this:
This morning I helped an old biddy whose exhaust had dropped off her car and was stranded in a remote country lane. I stopped, found a dog lead in her boot, tied the exhaust on and pointed her in the direction of the nearest garage with instructions to go slowly and avoid bumps. She thought me chilvalrous and helpful, but that's the way I was brought up - to help where I can.
I'm also the kind of guy who will cross the road rather than risk stressing a female if we're walking along the road at night - it's wrong to treat women differently I know, but many are grateful for the gesture and thank me.
But I thought twice about stopping today. A month or so ago there was a Range Rover with hazards flashing on a different remote road that I use to go to the gym. It was dark but I stopped, lowered the window and shouted in the general direction of the car if they needed a help. A 30s something woman got out and I could see there were a couple of young kids strapped in the back seats. Her gearbox had gone and I offered to call for help but she said she had a phone and her husband was on his way. I offered to wait until he arrived but she declined. I told her not to get out of the car in this situation and drove off, but when I got home I was stressed. What if anything happened to her and her kids? I may have been the last person to see them alive - and therefore a prime suspect. Alternatively she may have been a nutter and caused a problem for me - after all, any circumstance where a man initiates a conversation with a woman he doesn't know is generally viewed as weird or perverted these days thanks to our media.
When I was younger I wouldn't have thought twice about helping anyone or offering a lift etc - but nowadays it's a concern. What do you think? Am I putting myself at risk or am I just being paranoid?

2Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 12:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Fair play to you for helping the woman with the dodgy exhaust.

I tried helping an elderly woman in the supermarket 2 weeks ago, she was trying to reach some tin of some sort on the high shelf, so I go it for her and passed it to her, she literally snatched the tin off me and walked off, no thanks, kiss my arse or nothing!

To say I was pissed off was an understatement.

3Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 12:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd say you was paranoid - keep on doing what you do, which is the correct thing to do in my eyes.

4Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 14:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You did the right thing and I would have done exactly the same. I am sure many genuinely chivalrous people are frightened of stopping in case the woman thinks they have an ulterior motive.
I did a similar thing once when I saw a car parked up on a quiet road with it's hazards on. There was a very pretty blonde thirtysomething stood next to the car and it was before the days of mobile phones. She had kerbed the car and punctured one of the tyres and hadn't a clue how to change one. Plus when I got the spare out she had no car jack so I had to use mine. I put the spare on for her and she was ever so grateful. I never gave it a second thought but if anything had happened to her after I left, then the rozzers would have found my dabs all over her motor.

5Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 15:47

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The last time i tried to help a woman in trouble that had nothing to do with my job she stabbed me with a fucking knife while i was restraining her bloke. Never again will i interfere between a couple she was getting a right twating too the bitch.
Also i got hit with a bag by an old lady after seeing her across a busy high st after she came out of a shop, her dog was still tied up outside the shop, fuck was i to know it was hers i thought she just had the shakes.

6Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 17:59

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reading these comments brings back a scenario some years ago when some of my mates had a picture taken in a pub whilst fortunately I was emptying my clog at the time. On the picture was a girl who was some weeks later murdered and all those lads on the picture were quizzed and checked out by the cops as suspects!

7Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:12

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I love helping women. Helping Women 681569365

8Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I love helping women. Helping Women 681569365

What, do the washing up Very Happy

9Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:17

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I love to get them all in a soapy mess.

10Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I love to get them all in a soapy mess.

Do you run her a bath.

11Helping Women Empty Re: Helping Women Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:24

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

She would need a bath after I have finished with her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum