Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Josh Vela

+6
NickFazer
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Josh Vela Empty Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 12:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I am curious to get peoples opinion on how he played from people who went on Saturday?

Listening to the game it sounded like he had a much better game than he did against Leicester and Dougie was singing his praises after the game.

2Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 13:24

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes pretty average to be honest. But then hes 19 and average so he could potentially be very good, worth giving him some game time.

3Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 13:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On TV he was fairly neat and tidy but i wouldn't say he imposed himself on the game or anything, you can see the difference in quality between him and Medo who is way more composed and doesn't rush his passes as much.

but..... as above, young and plenty of upside.

4Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 14:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He had a decent game. He is still young and time is on his side.

5Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 14:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the Academy can produce players of a good enough standard to hold their own in the prem or championship (without necessarily being superstars) we have to be happy. A regular supply of squad quality players means we can spend whatever money we have on key players that will make a difference instead of blowing our budget on squad players like Pratley, Cavies, Andrews et al and having nowt left for the occasional game-changer.
Plus Academy players have the club in their veins, which always helps.

6Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:51

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've been quite impressed with him when he's played. Give the lad a chance to get some experience before expecting him to be dominating the midfield or changing the game, I look forward to see him play more often next season.

7Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 19:17

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He looks like a very good player taking his age in to account. I'm certainly excited to see if he does develop in to a solid prem quality player. Is Joe Riley still injuried? I've not heard about him for a while.

8Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 19:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's going to be a good un, me thinks.

9Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 19:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Riley is still crocked. I had high hopes for him. If Alonso does leave us then we are short of quality in the full back position with only Ricketts, Riley and Mears. I hope we can get Trent Sainsbury tbh.

10Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Mon Apr 29 2013, 21:41

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:Riley is still crocked. I had high hopes for him. If Alonso does leave us then we are short of quality in the full back position with only Ricketts, Riley and Mears. I hope we can get Trent Sainsbury tbh.

With that name he needs to be good Laughing

11Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Tue Apr 30 2013, 11:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Seemed ok but I would still play Holden on Saturday.....at least to start.

12Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Tue Apr 30 2013, 15:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mature head on young shoulders, he looked solid if nothing else against Cardiff and that was only his second start, he will only get better training, playing and learning from the likes of holden and kamara.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum