Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it time for a European Super League?

+2
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was thinking this evening what a shame we don't get to see games like Man Utd v Bayern Munich, Chelsea v Real Madrid, Dortmund v Barcelona, etc each season.
United haven't played Bayern for ages, I don't remember Chelsea ever playing Madrid, etc.
These big champions league games IMO are superb, I would a million times prefer to watch Man Utd v Bayern than Man Utd v West Ham or Stoke.
I know the domestic league is important and if there was a European Super League then it would detract interest from domestic leagues and there wouldn't be a European Champions League but does anyone really care about teams like FC Cluj, Partizan Belgrade, Anderlecht?

I just think these massive clubs need their own league, maybe an 18 team super league with 4 teams being relegated back into their own domestic leagues and a 2nd cup competition between the strongest teams from around Europe for a place in the European Super League?

What do you think?

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I like It as it is.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Banks of the Croal wrote:I like It as it is.

You just don't like change do you? I bet you drive around in a Ford Cortina and have a Betamax.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it would have a devastating effect on the domestic leagues...The Premiership wouldn't be able to attract the big money it does now as it will all go towards the Super League. The gap will become even bigger than it is now.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:
Banks of the Croal wrote:I like It as it is.

You just don't like change do you? I bet you drive around in a Ford Cortina and have a Betamax.

I've never seen a Ford Cortina and wtf's a Betamix.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The names Super League and European Super League are already widely associated with RL. So it would need a more distinctive name. However, I'd rather see the Champions League be just for CHAMPIONS and let everyone else who qualifies for Europe play in the Europa League. Maybe resurrect the Cup Winners Cup as well?

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

:facepalm:

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes, get rid of the boring five.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]