Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Realistic line up next year?

+8
Bolton Nuts
JakeSnake
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
Born to be a wanderer
Sgt. Bash
Barryjw
Boggersbelief
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Realistic line up next year? Empty Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 15:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With all the talk of letting players go and maybe losing some of our better ones I'd like to see how you all see our starting 11 next August.

You can add players who you'd like to see us sign. Mine would be -

Bogdan
Sainsbury - Dawson - ream - Ben Davies (loan)
Eagles - Holden - kamara - Chung yong lee
N'Gog - Gayle/shlupp

2Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 15:11

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Don't know about Ream (weak), prefer Wheater. Ben Davies (another one?) - remind me. Doubt whether Craig Davies will be dumped swhortly after signing>

3Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 15:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Don't know about Ream (weak), prefer Wheater. Ben Davies (another one?) - remind me. Doubt whether Craig Davies will be dumped swhortly after signing>

Ben Davies the young lad at Swansea, got his chance at LB when Neil Taylor got injured and has done brilliantly, Taylor has returned to fitness so it all depends on whoever makes their LB position their own. I'd take either

4Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 15:19

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thanks Boggers' Ben Davies seems to meet the `Young and hungry` criteria. We live in hope.

5Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 15:42

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's hard to pick a starting XI for next season as we have very little idea of who will be here...

From the squad we've currently got and the rumoured/possible in/outs taken into account. I'd pick:

442:

Lonergan

Ricketts
Dawson
Wheater
Riley

Eagles
Medo
M.Davies
Lee

Sordell
C.Davies

4141:

Lonergan

Ricketts
Dawson
Wheater
Riley

Medo

Eagles
M.Davies
Holden
Lee

Eaves

6Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 15:49

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Defo not Ream too weak.Coyle waste of money IMO!.Bogden does not fill me with faith.Oh to get Ali Habsi back from Wigan.Dont know the 1st day line up depends who is still here.Id say Wheater and Knight will be there Holden Medo Vela,Eagles,CYL and a goal scorer.DF earn your money and it starts now.

7Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 15:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I doubt Eagles will still be with us next season- I think he'll be off to one of the newly promoted sides

8Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 15:58

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Just to throw something in to the mix for those picking their teams. Dougie has said since arriving that he hoped to play three at the back with two wingbacks. Co-incidentally the system used by Cardiff and other successful sides in the Championship this year.

9Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 16:04

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I'd love Dawson with Wheater but do WBA want him.

10Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 16:05

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Barryjw wrote:Just to throw something in to the mix for those picking their teams. Dougie has said since arriving that he hoped to play three at the back with two wingbacks. Co-incidentally the system used by Cardiff and other successful sides in the Championship this year.

A shame we're not keeping Alonso then.

11Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 16:13

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

interesting system 3-5-2 would we have the right personnel.Very interesting summer ahead.DF there from day one.Lets hit the ground running and sort out the away form.We had better away form in the Premiership.

12Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 16:19

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

But for injuries to our central defenders Dougie would have tried this system 3-5-2 earlier this season. I don't remember him starting this line up but he did revert to 3 central defenders with substitutions to attempt to protect leads.

13Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 16:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Longergan

Ricketts.....Wheater...Knight....?

Eagles.....Medo...Vela...Holden....?

..........Eaves.....C.Davies......

It's clear to see we are going to be very short on left sided players.

14Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 17:03

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:Longergan

This selection is then followed by a points deduction for fielding an extra player! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 18:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sgt. Bash wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Longergan

This selection is then followed by a points deduction for fielding an extra player! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ooops Very Happy - Starting on minus 10 will make it more interesting.

16Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Sun May 05 2013, 23:31

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

If the players we suspect will leave and no new signings:

Bogdan
Riley Knight Ream Ricketts
Holden Pratley Medo Lester
Eaves C.Davies

17Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Tue May 07 2013, 23:44

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Lonners/Boggers
Ricketts Dawson (CDEF) BDavies ((good call)
Eagles Medo Holden Lee (if back to his best)
Sordell CDavies

Prats not good enough.
Others to consider are Ream/Wheater/Alonso/Ngog/Eaves/Spearing

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

18Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Wed May 08 2013, 15:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Lonners/Boggers
Ricketts Dawson (CDEF) BDavies ((good call)
Eagles Medo Holden Lee (if back to his best)
Sordell CDavies

Prats not good enough.
Others to consider are Ream/Wheater/Alonso/Ngog/Eaves/Spearing
Seeing as there's speculation that 5 of that 11 are leaving and 3 haven't been signed I'd be surprised if it came true.
I'd expect Riley, Vela and Mavies to start. Medo and the goalies will still be around and the rest will be a mixture of new signings and hangers on. We'll see.

19Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Wed May 08 2013, 22:13

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd be very surprised if sordell was still here at the start of next season. He doesn't look motivated at all.

20Realistic line up next year? Empty Re: Realistic line up next year? Wed May 08 2013, 22:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I'd be very surprised if sordell was still here at the start of next season. He doesn't look motivated at all.

If he is not happy at the Reebok we should sell him back to Watford and see how he does in the Premier League. ( That's if they make it.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum