Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everton to look at FREEDMAN?!

+13
waynagain
Bernard Dennis Park
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
WhiteBic
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! Sat May 18 2013, 15:48

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
waynagain wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
waynagain wrote:

Well if he did as good a job spying for Gartside (on what fans were saying) on this and other forums, then that's good news. Said he would be the 'conduit' between Gartside and the fans and then all of a sudden he has NOTHING TO SAY. Good F*****G riddance.

I think Azreal's last post was "Coyle is here for the long term". He was sacked the following day.

Clearly Azreal either made it all up, or his ties to the club consisted of going for a drink with the bloke who sells the pies.

Why would Gartside need someone to keep an eye on what people are saying on forums? He could just log in himself.

Gartside is too lazy to do it himself, he would rather pay someone, how do you think the club got into so much debt?

I doubt the club got into such a debt accidentally!

Just think of the situation in a very simplified way - the club is owned by one man more or less (I think he officially owns something like 98% of it).

That man puts something like £120 million of his own money into it and draws of something like £6 million per annum in interest repayments.

Now here is the thing that baffles me - his personal fortune apparently was only something like £70 million calculated by the Times Rich List about 3 years back - so where as the other £50+ million come from?

If you invested £50+ million what sort of security and return on your money would you want - I know I could not afford to throw away anything like £50+ million - so wherever this money comes from, the people who own it are not in a rush to get it back - preferring the interest from it instead.

All seems rather odd to me - as if something is more opaque than transparent - but that is just my opinion and I could well be very wrong.

Didn't our owner 'buy' BWFC for 14 million pounds to save us from brankrupcy? Since then, think about how much revenue was made just from Sky and yet our Chairman has managed to get us into 135 million quids worth of debt. That debt is 'owned' by Eddie, but he's getting over 5 million a year in interest which seems like a good deal if you look at the interest rates banks are currently offering.

42Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! Sat May 18 2013, 16:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

waynagain wrote:Didn't our owner 'buy' BWFC for 14 million pounds to save us from brankrupcy? Since then, think about how much revenue was made just from Sky and yet our Chairman has managed to get us into 135 million quids worth of debt. That debt is 'owned' by Eddie, but he's getting over 5 million a year in interest which seems like a good deal if you look at the interest rates banks are currently offering.

Yes he saved the club by buying it.

Yes he bought it to make money from.

Yes he gets more interest than leaving his money in a bank - but that's why people 'invest' in things with bigger risks to make bigger profit.

Nothing at all wrong with the above - and good luck to Davies for taking his chance - I don't have any issue with any of that.

What I can't get my head around is where as the 'other' money come from and why who's ever it is - doesn't seem to want it back - at least not anytime soon.

At the end of the day it is non of my business where the money comes from and where it goes. Accounts are produced every year (unlike some clubs) and everybody seems to be happy about whatever the arrangement is - but I doubt very much if Eddie Davies is the sole 'owner' of the club in terms of I can't believe that the £130 million or so debt is ultimately owed to him, nor do I think the total interest paid to him is actually 'kept' by him either.

Just my opinion on things though - no facts to back me up.

43Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! Sat May 18 2013, 18:38

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Everton to look at Freedman? Send them a photo and that's the end of it. Coyle is available - they can have him.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

44Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! Sun May 19 2013, 12:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy - just popped over to JA606 and see you've been stirring things up a bit! Its has been dead on there for a while now, hardly any posts or new articles

45Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! Sun May 19 2013, 13:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Sluffy - just popped over to JA606 and see you've been stirring things up a bit! Its has been dead on there for a while now, hardly any posts or new articles

Wasn't intending to stir anything really.

I had noticed that many of the few articles they actually had were not only links to other sites but even worse - they were links to sites talking complete bollocks - ie Knight being sold for £2 million and Eagles handing in a transfer request.

Incredibly they were taking them as being true a full day (24 hours!) after everybody else knew they were complete bollocks!

I was simply trying to help by suggesting that people are free to visit here (or any other active forum) take a look at the news and discuss it over on JA606 rather than be clueless as to what is happening and chatting about what after all is just pure shite! Obviously I didn't put it as bluntly.

Of the two responses to my suggestion, one thinks the bookies are better informed than Nuts and sites like us know nothing and are wrong - I wonder why the bookies favourites never wins every time then? And the other doesn't think the club news is important – why the fuck bother going on to a football forum for then?

Free world and all that - if they want to be ostriches burying their heads in the sand - well it is up to them - but if they can't even be bothered to find out what they are discussing is even true rather than being made up bollocks - then really who gives a fuck to their obviously uninformed opinions on stuff anyway?

Some people you simply can't help I guess.

With attitudes like those it’s hardly any wonder JA606 is dying really is it?

46Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! Sun May 19 2013, 15:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The "Knight story" said he would leave for 2 million as soon as we came up with the money! They actually discussed that?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

47Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton to look at FREEDMAN?! Sun May 19 2013, 17:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:The "Knight story" said he would leave for 2 million as soon as we came up with the money! They actually discussed that?

Yes they did.

Most soon rumbled it tbh but the Eagles transfer request was debated for 24 hours before somebody checked out how true it was!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum