Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nolan hat trick and Vaz Te scores in West ham 4-2 win

+8
Sluffy
doffcocker
observer
Tigermin
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Michael Bolton
Born to be a wanderer
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Say what you want about Allardyce but he gets his teams to play.Won today 4-2 and goals by x Wanderers.Nolan IMO was underrated a great team player.West Ham with Jussi in net Joey OBrien ,Matty Taylor,Nolan and Vaz Te.A lot of them have been slagged on this site.Maybe BSA is just the manager we should have never let go.Megson,Coyle.Thank god i have faith in DF or my blood would be boiling.Don't know if all the Wanderers x players named played but one scored a hat trick,the other Vaz Te scored as well and I'm sure Jussi would have been in net.Anyway roll on 3rd August. ::seething2::

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Big Sam was a proper manager. I never once in his time at Bolton questioned him or was critical of him. What he did at Bolton was incredible. I have to be honest I really miss Nolan and Vaz Te at Bolton. I always thought Vaz Te had something about him and Nolan was just a top bloke and a goalscoring midfielder and a great leader. We should never have let either go. Crying or Very sad

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Maybe BSA is just the manager we should have never let go.

He walked out.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do we need to have threads like this every time one of these players scores.

Think back to how this lot were playing when we sold them.

garbage.

BSA is the best manager we've ever had though.

apart from.... :dougie:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vaz Te is the worst player we have ever had. He was a useless bastard.

Nolan was bang out of form and Newcastle offered silly money.

Matt Taylot couldn't cross, shoot or beat a man. Another useless bastard.

O'Brien was injured every week for years, did you honestly expect the club to offer him a new contract.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Vaz Te is the worst player we have ever had. He was a useless bastard.

O'Brien was injured every week for years, did you honestly expect the club to offer him a new contract.

Fair assessment I suppose. Although Vaz Te always had potential. Do you remember that famous post of someone saying how impressed they were with him before a match kicking balls into an open goal? Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's Matt Taylot.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
Do you remember that famous post of someone saying how impressed they were with him before a match kicking balls into an open goal? Very Happy

I think it was Diddle. Funny.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Who's Matt Taylot.

Christ you must be bored.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

intensely.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

lol!

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Vaz Te is the worst player we have ever had. He was a useless bastard.

Vaz Te at Guimares enough said
Megson sold Nolan for a pittance
Matts left peg was awesome.
Joey plays week in week out in the Prem
Big Sam gave us the best times we had ever dreamt of and will never see again , he was the best ever, since Ian Greaves anyway.

Sometimes Nat you talk utter shite !!!

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tigermin wrote:

Big Sam gave us the best times we had ever dreamt of and will never see again , he was the best ever, since Ian Greaves anyway.

BSA got the most out of his players. DF has done a fairly good job for
his first few months. But the essence of the thread is BSA reacquired
our washed up players and has done fairly well with them. It helps to
define how poor Megson was with the same talent. Who knows how good or
not DF will be, but going up from 20th to 7th in a few weeks is a good
sign. OC's lack of fitness for the club was also emphasized in the
beginning of DF's reign, and he has been astute enough to fix that
problem. Injuries will always happen, but fit players will be in a better position on the pitch at all times to avoid common trauma. It's the bloody preseason antics of some players who helped to send this team down... and a general lack of fitness for two years under OC which helped to mire us in 20th place. Add one or two players and a regiment of fitness and we were a new club reborn. You really can't dispute that... though on this forum, as many others, people like to dispute everything. Give DF a chance. Maybe we have found another BSA. As for BSA walking out, that's true. Given the lack of support from the top and being pushed by Panorama at the time, I think he needed a change. That was unfortunate for us... since then we have been on a downward spiral which only ended when DF brought in some two fine loans and made the players fit again. I for one, am looking forward to next season. I only hope DF brings in some quality players at a cost we can afford. Then again, the future is bleak financially and the day of reckoning for the debt is ahead. Hopefully there can be some tax advantage for Eddie to reduce the debt to the club and forgive the debt in some way that helps both parties. I'm not sure if that is feasible without a sale, but it would help the long term future of the club. Let's hope for premiership status in a year's time and not at a king's ransom.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tigermin wrote:

You talk utter shite all the time but I don't make a big song and dance over it.
Everything Nat said was true. Nolan was in terrible form for about a year when Newcastle offered £4m for him.
Vaz Te never really impressed in the first team. I think at the time we let him go we had Anelka, Diouf and Davies so wasn't getting a look in.
Joey O'Brien was always injured and Matt Taylor was shit.

If you think differently then you my friend are a deluded fuckwit.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Michael Bolton wrote:
Tigermin wrote:

You talk utter shite all the time but I don't make a big song and dance over it.
Everything Nat said was true. Nolan was in terrible form for about a year when Newcastle offered £4m for him.
Vaz Te never really impressed in the first team. I think at the time we let him go we had Anelka, Diouf and Davies so wasn't getting a look in.
Joey O'Brien was always injured and Matt Taylor was shit.

If you think differently then you my friend are a deluded fuckwit.

Glad to be put right by someone who has never seen the sky over the place ! I bow to your superior knowledge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There was no daftness under BSA. You saw the teamsheet week in week out and it made sense.
More than can be said for each manager since.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes that mis hit at Guimaraes means he was brilliant.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:There was no daftness under BSA. You saw the teamsheet week in week out and it made sense.

Well a centre forward as a left back was a bit odd tbh!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was always accused of having "no plan b" and "negativity" at home. I seem to remember that anyway.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:yes that mis hit at Guimaraes means he was brilliant.

He made it 1-1 with a cracker !! I was there,you ??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum