Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ins/outs

+10
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
josh31
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Sun Jun 16 2013, 15:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:Spearing has no future at Liverpool and that's that. Sooner he wakes up the better.  Come back to us or go to Stoke or equvilant etc.  He's not a bad player but not the world class that any of the top six teams would be looking for. He can expect plenty of game time with us and still be 40 minutes away from home...it makes sense all around IMO.
Thats the Bruce way, he signs hundreds of players thinking thats the way to stay up, he did same at Wigan, Sunderland, and Birmingham, without success may I add.

Woops replied to wrong thread.

22Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Sun Jun 16 2013, 20:42

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

fortune released by WBA is on the way

23Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Sun Jun 16 2013, 21:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really?

I said he'd be a good singing a few years ago.

My dream was to have Agbonlahor, Fortune and Anichebe in front 3.

24Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Mon Jun 17 2013, 07:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:fortune released by WBA is on the way

To us? How do you know this?

Not the player we need given his age and low goal return for a striker, but I guess he's affordable. Disappointing if true though.

25Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 09:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie renewing his efforts to buy players but there is serious competition for the 3 identified targets Hall, Horton and Beckford (who is too expensive already)
So do we pay over the odds (again) or move on?
I'm hoping that Dougie has plenty of alternatives in the pipeline.

26Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 09:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still think Beckford is the difference between midtable/possible play-offs and challenging at the very top.

He will score goals in the Championship and lots of them.

27Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 09:22

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think the main stumbling block with Beckford is his wages. I've heard he's on around £38K a week at Leicester.

28Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 09:48

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No thanks. If he was firing on all cylinders recently then maybe, but as it is, I think we should look elsewhere if this continues to drag on.

29Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 09:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:No thanks. If he was firing on all cylinders recently then maybe

He was the Championships leading scorer in 2013. Not sure what more you want.

30Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 11:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Jamster26 wrote:No thanks. If he was firing on all cylinders recently then maybe

He was the Championships leading scorer in 2013. Not sure what more you want.

I'd like a young prospect with something to prove like the lad WBA borrowed from Chelsea. They don't grow on trees, but if Dougie is capable of finding Medo there is hope he could pull a rabbit out of the hat like we used to in the old days. Eidur Gudjohnssen for example.
Beckford has had his chance at the top level and been average at best, whereas a prospect would be lower risk and if he doesn't pan out we wouldn't be tied to a massive wage bill, but if he fulfilled his potential we could be on to a winner.
For £38k + I'd be expecting a top striker and we could get one from Argentina or Africa for that money if we were going down the has-been route.
But I think we should be taking more of a chance by investing less money on a relatively younger unknown quantity rather than trying to buy our way into the Prem on a short-term basis.
We need new blood, not soiled goods.

31Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 11:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I'd like a young prospect with something to prove like the lad WBA borrowed from Chelsea. They don't grow on trees, but if Dougie is capable of finding Medo  there is hope he could pull a rabbit out of the hat like we used to in the old days. Eidur Gudjohnssen for example.
Beckford has had his chance at the top level and been average at best, whereas a prospect would be lower risk and if he doesn't pan out we wouldn't be tied to a massive wage bill, but if he fulfilled his potential we could be on to a winner.
For £38k + I'd be expecting a top striker and we could get one from Argentina or Africa for that money if we were going down the has-been route.
But I think we should be taking more of a chance by investing less money on a relatively younger unknown quantity rather than trying to buy our way into the Prem on a short-term basis.

Beckford isn't soiled goods, and we're not at the top level, so his record there is immaterial. His record outside the PL is as good as most. And most importantly, he was on form when the season ended.

It's all very well wanting to take a chance on a young lad with potential, but you have to be very lucky to pick up a striker who will get you 15+ goals and cost you next to nothing. If we want to challenge next season we need one or two proven players with experience, especially in attack.

32Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 12:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
I'd like a young prospect with something to prove like the lad WBA borrowed from Chelsea. They don't grow on trees, but if Dougie is capable of finding Medo  there is hope he could pull a rabbit out of the hat like we used to in the old days. Eidur Gudjohnssen for example.

Beckford isn't soiled goods, and we're not at the top level, so his record there is immaterial. His record outside the PL is as good as most. And most importantly, he was on form when the season ended.

It's all very well wanting to take a chance on a young lad with potential, but you have to be very lucky to pick up a striker who will get you 15+ goals and cost you next to nothing. If we want to challenge next season we need one or two proven players with experience, especially in attack.

You're entitled to your opinion, even though you are obviously wrong.

33Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 12:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

In other words you know I'm talking sense. You win nothing with kids.

34Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 12:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[quote="Natasha Whittam"]
wanderlust wrote:
You win nothing with kids.

Try telling that to Alan Hansen or Fergie.

35Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 12:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't be happy paying Beckford £38k a week.  He's not worth that - That's 2 Million a Year in wages!

36Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 14:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

[/quote]

Libellous editing there RT.

37Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 14:15

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If Beckford does come to Bolton, he'll have to take a big drop on his £38K a week wages anyway. Do I think he'll score more goals than Sordell and N'Gog? Yes I do! I think he could even score more goals combined than our two duds put together.

38Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 14:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

In other words you know I'm talking arse. You win nothing with kids.

Bollocks! How many winners of Young Player of the Year have not been kids?
I won the beautiful baby competition at Butlins aged just 8 months.
You know nothing.

39Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 14:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Libellous editing there RT.[/quote]

Not by me. If the kids are good enough then they are old enough.

40Ins/outs - Page 2 Empty Re: Ins/outs Tue Jun 18 2013, 14:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

In other words you know I'm talking sense. You win nothing with kids.

This is how it should have come out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum