Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ricketts gone for free! - OFFICIAL

+16
WhiteBic
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
NickFazer
Norpig
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Triumph
waynagain
terenceanne
Keegan
doffcocker
Barryjw
rammywhite
Jamster26
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently opened talks this a.m.
Wonder if we'll get any money? He's a great utility player and I'll be sad to see him go.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We don't need him anymore.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Apparently opened talks this a.m.
Wonder if we'll get any money? He's a great utility player and I'll be sad to see him go.

I agree- he's a good back up if we get a run of injuries. I think he's a maligned player- he's better than we give him credit for

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wolves are in talks to sign Bolton Wanderers defender Sam Ricketts, Sky Sports understands.

New Wolves boss Kenny Jackett is a big admirer of Ricketts having worked with him during his time in charge of Swansea.

Bolton are thought to be open to the idea of a sale having brought in three new full-backs in the shape of Alex Baptiste, Marc Tierney and Hayden White this summer.

Ricketts, who joined Bolton from Hull City in 2009, is in the final year of his contract at the Reebok Stadium and Wolves hope they can lure him to Molineux.

Wales international Ricketts could be keen on a move to be reunited with Jackett with his first-team chances expected to be limited at Bolton next season.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Last year of his contract! At the end of the season can't help remembering Middlesborough and Blackpool wide men going passed him as though he was not there!
I think now is the time to cash in as we have plenty of younger cover in the squad.

Last edited by Barryjw on Mon 24 Jun - 13:48; edited 1 time in total

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I often wonder if Ricketts is made to look better than he is by the players he's been brought in to replace...Mears, Robinson, Steinsson etc. 

He's been a decent signing overall, but struggled a lot last season. Too slow, distribution not good. Whether or not he should be kept around as backup depends entirely on his wages and what Wolves are offering.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's past his sell-by date now, but I'll still be sad to see him go as for a long time he was very dependable for us - and that great goal he scored wasn't too long ago. Steady, experienced at international level and by all accounts a real gentleman. Wish him well.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sign him up, Jackett!

Decent player and dependable by and large when called upon, but in decline and injury-prone. If we can get some money for him I'd wish him well and see him off.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Always liked Ricketts ....good utility man across the back....gone off the boil lately and a few injuries.  So time to move on with a thank you for his service.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If Ricketts signs for Wolves I'm definately not going to his testimonial

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

has been good but inevitably lost his pace due to his years, doesn't get forward like he used to, good luck to the guy he can still do a job for someone, even Wolves.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Holloway taps up Baptiste we might have to keep him.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently Kenny (Coyle) Jackett has gone cool re signing Sam:

"Wolves boss Kenny Jackett has refused to be drawn on speculation suggesting he is keen on signing Sam Ricketts from Bolton Wanderers.

Jackett was the man to hand Ricketts a step up into the Football League, snapping him up from Telford United during his time in charge of Swansea City.

It is now being reported that he is looking for a reunion with the Wales international at Molineux.

Jackett, who is looking to bounce Wolves back into the Championship at the first time of asking, admits to being an admirer of the 31-year-old defender but is reluctant to be drawn into a debate regarding possible transfer targets."

...this may be no more than him keeping quiet until the deal's done.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Good luck to him whatever happens, not the best defender we have ever had but a good utility defender who can play anywhere along the back 4.

Personally I would rather we got shut of Mears and Riley and kept him, I just think Riley is too injury prone and as for Mears....well I don't need to say anymore about him.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Medical at Wolves today. Apparently a "six figure fee has been agreed". No idea if it's nearer £100k or £999k.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers can announce that Sam Ricketts has left the club after a mutual agreement was reached to cancel the player’s contract.

Ricketts, 31, has been with Bolton since the summer of 2009 when he signed from Hull City for an undisclosed fee. He made a total of 114 appearances for Wanderers, scoring a single goal.

Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Sam for his services to the club and wishes him well in his future endeavours

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Swapped for a 'lucky bag' thought he was worth at least 250k?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yesterday a "six-figure sum" was quoted.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So we paid Ricketts off his contract? Still, atleast it frees up some funds on wages.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If the contract was cancelled as agreed then no payments would have been made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum