Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lainton to leave Wanderers

+7
terenceanne
waynagain
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Triumph
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 13:27

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 13:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuming.

3Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sending my season ticket back. Dougie out!!!

4Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 14:09

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Another Al Habsi scenerio. On his way to Wigan I believe.clown

5Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 14:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It increasingly looks like Dougie is set on a path of revamping the development squad - and to be fair, we've had very few coming through to the first team in recent times. He's already swung the axe at the end of last season and brought in young players of a good standard so whilst I like Lainton, I reckon that Dougie doesn't think he'll ever secure a regular first team slot.
Looks like the criterion for keeping fringe players is "will they ever break through"? I hope this is true as I'm as disappointed as anyone that we've kept players on the books for years without them making a contribution.
The young signings he's made all look like they could at some point in time. Maybe then Natasha will stop saying "they'll never play"?

6Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 16:09

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Maybe Lainton is making way for that young American keeper, Charlie Horton?

7Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 16:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Maybe Lainton is making way for that young American keeper, Charlie Horton?

Good shout. Maybe we have got the kid after all?

8Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 17:25

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ten years at the club, well I'm not going to his testimonial

9Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Tue Jun 25 2013, 18:34

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Maybe Lainton is making way for that young American keeper, Charlie Horton?

Good shout. Maybe we have got the kid after all?
Apparently, Charlie Horton is due over on 1 July, so it kind of makes sense.

10Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Wed Jun 26 2013, 11:35

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Shame for the lad but Doog is having a clean out .... so we have to presume he is not god enough. No evidence to presume otherwise.

11Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Wed Jun 26 2013, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like the idea of only keeping development players who have a real chance of making the grade. We've carried a lot over recent years and I think it's only right that if we pay their wages they should step up or ship out.

12Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Wed Jun 26 2013, 14:53

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Taking ten years to find out a player is not good enough? Doesn't say much for the development squad management.
I wonder what we'll do with the money we save from not paying him?

13Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Mon Jul 08 2013, 15:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Signed for Bury.

A product of the Bolton Wanderers academy, Rob Lainton has signed a two year contract with Bury after successfully come through a trial with the Shakers.

23 year old Rob joined Wanderers some nine years ago as part of the Trotters Youth System.  He started with the Under 15’s and progressed through the ranks to become a member of their first team squad before he was released by at the end of last season.

Rob has turned down offers from other clubs, including clubs in the championship, to become a part of the new look Shakers.

Lainton made a second half appearance on Saturday during the Shakers 2-1 victory at Radcliffe Borough and will now continue his pre-season preparations under the tutorship of goalkeeping coach Fred Barber.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Mon Jul 08 2013, 16:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The "new look Shakers"?
:rofl: 

15Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Mon Jul 08 2013, 16:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a crime this lad was kept on for so long. He's obviously not good enough

16Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Mon Jul 08 2013, 18:49

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:It's a crime this lad was kept on for so long. He's obviously not good enough

Totally agree. If he was clearly not good enough surely this should have been spotted ages ago and we should have released him.
Again, another promising youngster fails to make it. 
Whatever happened to Jeremy Bon, Olaf Snorrason, Johann Smith, Lord Karanga, James Sinclair, Rob Sissons, Fojut, Michalik, Haransyi, etc?
Why do we bother with a youth academy? Shut it down.

17Lainton to leave Wanderers Empty Re: Lainton to leave Wanderers Mon Jul 08 2013, 18:56

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The thing is that the failure rate is spectacularly high at all academy's not just ours and thats because it isn't enough to have the ability alone and you don't really find out about professionalism, dedication, attitude and being able to perform under pressure until they mature a little at least. On top of that lot there is also the lottery of the opinion of the coaches and management, a change at the wrong time can spell the end of a career unless you are a no brainer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum