Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floyd Mayweather.

+8
Sluffy
Angry Dad
Tigermin
waynagain
ROGUEMANNY
Michael Bolton
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Floyd Mayweather. Empty Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 17:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I mentioned him earlier, so I thought i'd start a thread about him.

In my eyes he's the best welterweight ever, in history probably up there with ali, (without the showman ship).

In fact its hard for me to ever see a boxer that will overcome Floyd , and be better than him ever ?

A six weight world champion, without a scratch on his face, do you agree with me for once ?

He would of kicked any welterweight's arse in the history of boxing !!!

2Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 19:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mayweather is one of the all time greatest welterweights, of that there is no doubt. During the late seventies and eighties there were a plethora of brilliant welterweight fighters who were unfortunate to be active all at the same time. Carlos Palomino, the brilliant Mexican who destroyed Dave " Boy " Green, Pipino Cuevas another hard punching champion who was knocked out by Tommy Hearns. Wilfred Benitez who beat Palomino but lost the belt to Sugar Ray Leonard. Roberto Duran who came up from lightweight and fought at welterweight and middleweight. From England we had two great champions in Maurice Hope ( Junior middleweight ) and Lloyd Honeyghan who stopped the previously undefeated Donald Curry to win the belt. All the fighters I have mentioned would have given Mayweather a decent scrap and Leonard, Hearns and Benitez may even have beaten him.

My personal favourite was Aaron " The Hawk " Pryor a Junior welterweight world champion. He had two superfights with Alexis Arguello and was touted to meet Leonard but he had a cocaine addiction and ended up going down the slippery slope to obscurity.

Pryor's record as a pro stands testament to his ability when he was drug free. He had 40 pro fights of which he won 39, 35 by KO. His only loss was at the end of his career when he was chasing crack cocaine instead of titles.

Alexis Arguello was a world champion at 3 different weights and Pryor stopped him twice. If the Hawk had been around today he would have been a household name.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:49; edited 1 time in total

3Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 19:51

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Amir Khan has the potential to be better than Money Mayweather. He has the speed and punching power to destroy Mayweather. Mayweather is a clever boxer but he doesn't have the power and speed of Khan.

4Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 19:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Amir Khan has the potential to be better than Money Mayweather. He has the speed and punching power to destroy Mayweather. Mayweather is a clever boxer but he doesn't have the power and speed of Khan.

Mayweather would destroy Khan.

5Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 19:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is what he'll do to fanny Khan.

Last edited by scottjames30 on Fri Mar 07 2014, 13:30; edited 1 time in total

6Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 19:59

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I have this dispute on 606 all the time

Amir Khan has all the skills needed to win any fight but unfortunately when it comes to the crunch has the intelligence of sunshine bus window licker. He could beat nearly all fighters in this division if he just jabbed and moved but his heart rules and he tried to brawl resulting in the normal format of KO 

Floyd would school Khan and after teasing him for a bit would knock him clean out in about the 5th round.

7Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 21:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ROGUEMANNY wrote:I have this dispute on 606 all the time

Amir Khan has all the skills needed to win any fight but unfortunately when it comes to the crunch has the intelligence of sunshine bus window licker. He could beat nearly all fighters in this division if he just jabbed and moved but his heart rules and he tried to brawl resulting in the normal format of KO 

Floyd would school Khan and after teasing him for a bit would knock him clean out in about the 5th round.

I couldn't agree more. Khan is actually a very talented fighter but occasionally he let's his heart rule his head. That's why he parted company with Freddy Roach. Khan is a classic jab and move style of fighter. He has bags of stamina and a good heart but his chin can't take a big shot from a slugger. If he would stick to a game plan he would easily outpoint many of his opponents but he occasionally gets ahead of himself and tries to mix it.

8Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 21:56

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:I mentioned him earlier, so I thought i'd start a thread about him.

In my eyes he's the best welterweight ever, in history probably up there with ali, (without the showman ship).

In fact its hard for me to ever see a boxer that will overcome Floyd , and be better than him ever ?

A six weight world champion, without a scratch on his face, do you agree with me for once ?

A thug and a cheat who headbutts people more than he punches them. Not fit to clean Ali's shoes, and it's disrespectful to mention him in the same sentence as Ali.

9Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 21:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I mentioned him earlier, so I thought i'd start a thread about him.

A thug and a cheat who headbutts people more than he punches them. Not fit to clean Ali's shoes, and it's disrespectful to mention him in the same sentence as Ali.

Hold on , Ali got hurt, Floyd has never been hit.

Ali got punched silly, don't make a cunt of yourself, we all like Ali, but he weren't Jesus.

10Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ali was a truly great fighter but he wasn't averse to adopting tactics to give him an advantage. Everyone thought Foreman would destroy him in Zaire but ' Rope a Dope ' worked a treat. After seven rounds you could see Foreman was knackered.

Ali should have retired a lot sooner. He had beaten all the great fighters of his generation and there is no way he should have ever fought Larry Holmes, who was a great champion in his prime.

Boxing is a very subjective subject. We all have our favourites.

11Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:20

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ali never went to prison for beating up a woman. Mayweather dodged Paquiao because he would have got his arse kicked. Most of his opponents are 'no-marks', Ali always fought the number one contender.

12Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:24

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Michael Bolton wrote:Amir Khan has the potential to be better than Money Mayweather. He has the speed and punching power to destroy Mayweather. Mayweather is a clever boxer but he doesn't have the power and speed of Khan.

Holy shit you talk utter shite on any number of subjects but this is one of your better fuckwit statements !!!!! ::wtf:: ::FU:: 

13Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:Ali never went to prison for beating up a woman. Mayweather dodged Paquiao because he would have got his arse kicked. Most of his opponents are 'no-marks', Ali always fought the number one contender.

Haha, Meyweather is a six weight world champion, he's fought every champion at six weights and beat them, you talk shite wayne, funny though.

Paquiao has lost his last three fights, so Mayweather only fights the best.

14Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:32

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I dont think mayweather fights enough to be in the top five all time 1-Ray Robinson
                                                                                         2-Henry  Armstrong
                                                                                         3-Ray Leonard
                                                                                         4-Roberto Duran
                                                                                         5-Thomas Hearns

15Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:33

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:
waynagain wrote:Ali never went to prison for beating up a woman. Mayweather dodged Paquiao because he would have got his arse kicked. Most of his opponents are 'no-marks', Ali always fought the number one contender.

Haha, Meyweather is a six weight world champion, he's fought every champion at six weights and beat them, you talk shite wayne, funny though.

six weight? how many did Paquiao have? - it's 7
and he never went to prison for beating up a woman either.

16Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

six weight? how many did Paquiao have? - it's 7
and he never went to prison for beating up a woman either.

Paquiao has lost five, Mayweather has beaten the best, yes you're right.

Meyweather has never been hit, never mind been beat.

If you think that Paquiao would beat Mayweather, you know nothing about boxing.

Paquiao has lost his last three, and may never fight again.

17Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I dont think mayweather fights enough to be in the top five all time 1-Ray Robinson
                                                                                         2-Henry  Armstrong
                                                                                         3-Ray Leonard
                                                                                         4-Roberto Duran
                                                                                         5-Thomas Hearns

Laughing 

18Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I dont think mayweather fights enough to be in the top five all time 1-Ray Robinson
                                                                                         2-Henry  Armstrong
                                                                                         3-Ray Leonard
                                                                                         4-Roberto Duran
                                                                                         5-Thomas Hearns

Very interesting is AD's choice. I saw Duran, Leonard and Hearns all fight in their prime and I have to say that they were all truly gifted fighters. Mayweather has pretty much had free reign in the welterweight division. PacMan was a great fighter and was prepared to fight Mayweather but the conditions and strings attached from the Mayweather camp were insurmountable.

If it's true, the Mayweather camp demanded a syringe of blood from Pacman three days before any potential fight to test for anabolic steroids.

19Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Honestly , do you think Pacman will land a single blow ?

I don't. it'll be the most one sided fight ever.

And RT, that's one shite excuse , he's had a free reign, that's because he's that good, it's not his fault, Ricky was good until.......gatti was good until.....Mosley was good until.....Golden boy was good until .......

Just face the facts, whoever get put infront of him, and theres been a lot, don't stand a chance.

20Floyd Mayweather. Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather. Fri Jun 28 2013, 22:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Honestly , do you think Pacman will land a single blow ?

I don't. it'll be the most one sided fight ever.

And RT, that's one shite excuse , he's had a free reign, that's because he's that good, it's not his fault, Ricky was good until.......gatti was good until.....Mosley was good until.....Golden boy was good until .......

Just face the facts, whoever get put infront of him, and theres been a lot, don't stand a chance.

It's all about different eras. The Hearns, Leonard, Benitez, Duran, Hagler period was really strong when it came to top class fighters. I don't see the same level of quality opponents during the Mayweather era. It's not his fault, he just didn't come through at the same time as some of the other great fighters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum