Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mayweather vs McGregor

+7
wessy
Angry Dad
RustyNail
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Mayweather vs McGregor Fri Aug 04 2017, 09:42

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Floyd Mayweather jr has come out of retirement for one last hurrah against UFC Champ Conor McGregor and the fight is later this month. 

Mayweather stands at 49-0 and McGregor has never had a professional Boxing bout in his life, so there really should be only one outcome. 

It seems to me though that Floyd has it all to lose. The legacy of his untarnished record could potentially disappear against a bloke who hasn't boxed a single round. McGregor can punch hard that's for sure, but will be be able to land? Mayweather is the best defensive fighter the sport has seen. 

Either way, both men will earn big time, with Conor quadrupling his net worth with just one fight. 

So then, 'Money' vs 'The Notorious', fight or farce?

2Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Fri Aug 04 2017, 10:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Farce - they should have a UFC fight instead

3Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Fri Aug 04 2017, 10:18

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Farce, though I'd love to see Mayweather get his ass handed to him. He only has the record he does because he avoided fighting people in their prime.

4Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Fri Aug 04 2017, 10:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mayweather should win this by a mile...

...so what's the odds on him losing and setting up an even bigger mega-money rematch!

Tbh I can't understand why any serious sports follower would even have any interest in this boxing match up.

I for one won't be watching it.

THE big fight of the year will take place on 16th September, when Golovkin fights Canelo - now that will be a proper contest.

Mayweather vs McGregor  275px-Golovkin-Canelo_fight_poster

5Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Fri Aug 04 2017, 11:06

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I don't like either of these 2 cocky pricks so id quite like to see them both take a beating. I'm really in to ufc but can't see past Mayweather winning.

6Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Fri Aug 04 2017, 20:25

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

McGregor will be punching air until the ref says he's taken enough punishment.

7Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Fri Aug 04 2017, 20:27

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I bet Scott is looking forward to this.

8Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Mon Aug 14 2017, 18:49

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pointless contest in my book

9Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Mon Aug 14 2017, 19:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My head says Mayweather and my heart says McGregor. McGregor has youth on his side with Mayweather being 40 but boxing is different to MMA. I just have a sneaky feeling that McGregor has summat up his sleeve.

10Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Tue Aug 15 2017, 08:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure if i want to splash out the cash to watch this to be honest, Mayweather may be a great boxer but he is very boring to watch.

11Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Tue Aug 15 2017, 10:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I just have a sneaky feeling that McGregor has summat up his sleeve.
If it's a truck wrench he might just have a chance.

12Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Tue Aug 15 2017, 10:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be more interested in a fight between the Chuckle Brothers. This is utter garbage and nothing but a payday for two men.

Some of you need to get a grip.

13Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Changed my mind Mcgregor will get sparked and taken to hospital and it could turn out to be tragic for him and his family. It will be because of the of the difference of the punching power of the boxer add the 8oz gloves and it's big trouble for Mcgregor.

14Mayweather vs McGregor  Empty Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Sun Aug 27 2017, 08:38

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

As expected, Floyd Mayweather wins. It wasn't a great spectacle to be honest and it was never really in doubt. Conor came out blazing and tried to put the pressure on and won the first 2 rounds without really hurting Mayweather. Once Floyd had worked out McGregor's unorthodox boxing style he took over and McGregor was starting to look gassed out by the time round 6 came around. By that time there was nothing at all behind Conor's punches and was being totally outclassed by the clearly superior boxer. 

Anyway, what what does he give a shit, he's earned an absolute fortune, which is what it was all about anyway. 

Roll on GGG vs Canelo. Now that will be a proper boxing match. 

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/35588/11008113/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-stops-conor-mcgregor

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum