Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Air Shows

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Air Shows Empty Air Shows Thu Jul 04 2013, 22:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm guessing a few if you have been to air shows, I have never been to one but I'd like to.  

Anyone recommend any decent ones?

2Air Shows Empty Re: Air Shows Thu Jul 04 2013, 22:16

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

There's Airbourne featuring the Red Arrows in Eastbourne i take my aunt to see it if i'm not working,its pretty stunning but i'm not too interested in that stuff its over three day's but i have to earn the inheritance.

3Air Shows Empty Re: Air Shows Thu Jul 04 2013, 23:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've never been to one but I'm told this is the one to go too - it is the Imperial War Museum's Air craft centre - kids go free apparently.

The Duxford Air Show
Saturday 7 September – Sunday 8 September 2013

http://www.iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-duxford/the-duxford-air-show

4Air Shows Empty Re: Air Shows Fri Jul 05 2013, 09:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Southport same weekend as above.

5Air Shows Empty Re: Air Shows Fri Jul 05 2013, 10:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've been to the Southport air show twice, its an OK day out, they have loads of displays on the ground as well as a bar and food places, its worth paying extra to get on the prom if im honest - the entire beach and prom are closed off and you have to pay to get on.

If your on the prom you get closer to the planes though and have access to a bar and restaurant.

Be warned - its only worth going if the red arrows are displaying, the show is over 2 days - red arrows usually only do one day, no point being at an airshow if you cant see the red arrows.

The other shows at southport can get boring - Hence why you need a bar! I mean the fast jets are AMAZING, the eurofighter typhoon is the noisiest thing ive ever heard, its powered by fire and brimstone, the Tornado Gr4 role demo is also pretty good, they drop bombs on the beach, but if im honest seeing a Lancaster Bomber or some privately owned by-plane chugging around is pretty boring...

this is the Tornado Role demo - its worth watching just for the noises of those jets...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum