Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spearing

+12
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Triumph
Born to be a wanderer
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Spearing Empty Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 11:35

Nixon article -

Liverpool have agreed to sell home-grown star Jay Spearing to Blackburn Rovers in a £1.5million deal.

Boss Brendan Rodgers will let midfield dynamo Spearing leave and the Kop have struck a payment plan with Rovers.

Now Blackburn’s Indian owners Venkys are under pressure to push through the move quickly - although they may have to sell a player first to complete.

Rovers want Spearing to fill the gap left by Danny Murphy, but they were expecting cash from Martin Olsson’s move to Norwich to pay for his replacement.

Olsson is yet to finalise personal terms on a £2.5 million switch to the Canaries. The alternative is for Venkys to find the Spearing funds from their own pockets.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 11:44

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

A bargain we have spent fuck all even trying to get Beckford for nothing now.PGoing to a shit club shit groundshit shit fans.Fucking chicken farmers hope it's paper talk.We were in for Rhodes last week now can't stump up £1.5 for Spearing typical Bolton hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by Born to be a wanderer on Mon Jul 08 2013, 11:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)

3Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 11:55

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would be very dissapointed if we missed out for £1.5M

4Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 11:57

Ready made replacement in Medo, and if this is true I assume Dougie feels the same.

As I said on another thread he's a good championship player, but losing him isn't the end of the world.

5Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 12:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This deal hinges on them selling Formica, he's failed a medical.

In any case I'd let Blackburn have spearing in return for them negotiating over rhodes

6Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 13:14

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:Ready made replacement in Medo, and if this is true I assume Dougie feels the same.

As I said on another thread he's a good championship player, but losing him isn't the end of the world.
But Medo will pick up plenty bookings,

7Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 13:35

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently, we're waiting for an answer on a defensive midfielder, on a loan deal. This probably means we're not in for Spearing.

8Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 13:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Apparently, we're waiting for an answer on a defensive midfielder, on a loan deal. This probably means we're not in for Spearing.
The Iles article suggests Dougie is after a winger and a striker, so we're probably not looking at a defender or a midfielder unless on loan, so I think we can probably forget Spearing and Dawson and move on.
That said, Iles also says Dougie not selling (as yet) which means that if we do get a winger and a striker we'll be pretty well blessed/spoilt for choice in the attacking department.
Bolasie and Rhodes would do very nicely.

9Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 13:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think 1.5 million is quite cheap for Spearing tbh.

10Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 14:18

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Been chit chat for a couple of weeks now. Excellent signing for them if it comes clean.

11Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 08 2013, 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie did say from the outset - even before the end of last season - that he wouldn't be trying to get either Dawson or Spearing and TBF he's stuck to his word.
I just hope his cunning plan works out.

12Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 08:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS are running out of time to enter the race to sign Jay Spearing.

Lancashire rivals Blackburn Rovers have agreed a £1.75million fee for the Liverpool midfielder, who spent last season on loan at the Reebok.

The Ewood Park club are currently trying to raise the cash to fund the deal – which is likely to happen in the next few days with exits expected for striker Mauro Formica and defender Martin Olsson.

But while Wanderers fans are desperate to see the Anfield academy graduate back at the club, it looks highly unlikely Freedman will be handed enough cash to match the asking price – news that is likely to sting should the player end up wearing blue and white halves next term.

Spearing ideally wants to remain in the Premier League but sources close to the 24-year-old believe he would pick Wanderers above anyone else in the Championship were they to match Rovers’ bid.

Freedman, who is in Spain with his squad, has reserved most of his free cash for improving his attacking options and has been hinting for the last fortnight a winger and a striker would be the next positions on his list.

Spearing’s apparent availability may now affect his thinking – and few signings would be better received on the Reebok terraces than the Scouse terrier, who was arguably the club’s most consistent player last season.

Speaking to The Bolton News just before the weekend, Freedman admitted he has work to do in the transfer market before being completely happy with his squad for the new season.

“I’ve still got a way to go in terms of having an all-round squad,” he said. “I want a squad that is pushing each other and I felt in certain games last season that I looked at the bench and it wasn’t strong enough.

“I am comfortable with my starting 11 but I am still uncomfortable with the squad as a whole.

“I have said many times that I felt it was a bit imbalanced at times and that’s maybe where the ins and outs will come in. I think it’s good for the club to freshen things up.

“A good bench is key in the Championship – with Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday games coming up as often as they do.

“I felt last season that we slipped up on one or two midweek games. That was the key.”

Medo Kamara would be the player most equipped to step into Spearing’s defensive midfield role, but the lack of cover in that position may well be a concern for the Wanderers boss.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 08:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even more evidence that Dougie is looking for a striker - Spearing was never going to happen as he said from the beginning so I don't understand what the BN are rabbiting on about.

14Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 08:51

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Even more evidence that Dougie is looking for a striker - Spearing was never going to happen as he said from the beginning so I don't understand what the BN are rabbiting on about.
It looks to me, that we're possibly not going in for Spearing, so this doesn't pi$$  Blackburn off, when Dougie tries for this Rhodes signing. Wishful thinking, I know!

15Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 10:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Even more evidence that Dougie is looking for a striker - Spearing was never going to happen as he said from the beginning so I don't understand what the BN are rabbiting on about.
It looks to me, that we're possibly not going in for Spearing, so this doesn't pi$$  Blackburn off, when Dougie tries for this Rhodes signing. Wishful thinking, I know!

That's what I was hoping thinking - another "indicator"Question 

16Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 10:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

The Ewood Park club are currently trying to raise the cash to fund the deal –

Things must be bloody grim at Blackburn if the Venky's are struggling to raise 1.75 million. It's bloody chicken feed.

17Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't know where all this business about Blackburn being skint originated from - anyone know a reliable source for this or is it just another media rumour?
They've never been skint, although it would be nice to think that they've finally pissed it all away and can't just flash the cash whenever they need anything.
We could always help them out with a few quid for Rhodes though.

18Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1.5 mill is peanuts even for a good backup player.  Are we interested in going up to the Prem or not. This lad wants to play for us.....lives local, still young and is a decent player to boot. What else do you want for that price?

19Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:50

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If Blackburn owe their 2nd instalment to Huddersfield for 5.5 million,if this is true try working that out.Or do they owe the 2nd i instalment has many have quoted on this site.Scrambling to sell Olsenn n Formica to get Spearing the maths don't add up.

20Spearing Empty Re: Spearing Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:55

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Don't know where all this business about Blackburn being skint originated from - anyone know a reliable source for this or is it just another media rumour?
They've never been skint, although it would be nice to think that they've finally pissed it all away and can't just flash the cash whenever they need anything.
We could always help them out with a few quid for Rhodes though.
Blackburn have an astronomical wage bill, they have just paid Danny Murphy off and they can't get shut of their keeper Robinson, who's on £30K a week. Etuhu and Dann are also on huge wages, Blackburn's payroll is far greater than ours and apparently, they need to shift at least one player before they can buy Spearing.

Also, according to Alan Nixon, Wrexham paid for Blackburn's coach travel at they're recent friendly match.

Last edited by Culcheth_White on Tue Jul 09 2013, 15:03; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum