Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spearing

+12
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Triumph
Born to be a wanderer
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 14:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:it's a bloody merry go round and it's the same every year before the new season starts. I notice Rooney has been sent home from pre season in Thailand because of a hamstring injury. Out for a month according to radio reports.

I can smell the bullshit coming out of old trafford from here.

42Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Fri Jul 12 2013, 16:29

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

rammywhite wrote:Let's be straight about this. Beckford, Ameobi, Austin, Rhodes, Spearing. - in reality, none of us has a bleedin' clue what's going on and Dougie isn't stupid enough to tell us.
So- I'm giving up on all the speculation until I see someone having his photo taken with the white shirt on

Speculation is really all we have until we actually buy/sell someone or the season starts...

Unless you like a nice, juicy rumour.

Did you hear that Rodrigo said he misses the Lancashire weather and would love a return to Bolton?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

43Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 08:58

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Spearing turned down Blackburn, because he wants to join us, apparently. Very Happy

44Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 09:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Spearing turned down Blackburn, because he wants to join us, apparently. Very Happy

I don't blame him.

45Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 12:49

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Spearing turned down Blackburn, because he wants to join us, apparently. Very Happy

I don't blame him.
It looks like we're trying to sort the Spearing deal out this week, we need to as Liverpool are going away on their pre season trip next week.

46Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 13:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

I don't blame him.
It looks like we're trying to sort the Spearing deal out this week, we need to as Liverpool are going away on their pre season trip next week.

Surely to god we can raise 1.5 million for Spearing. He has made it clear he wants to come back to us and it's not as if he is an unknown quantity.

He was player of the year last season so 1.5 million is not a great deal of money in the current climate.

47Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 14:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd bid a million see what that brings...

48Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 14:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets just pay the money and get him now!

49Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 14:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would be a good deal all round if Spearing came to us. He'd be happy, we'd be happy...ish. With Jay on board we'd have a lot of strength in depth in midfield, but I think that with us expressing an interest in Mulenga and spending some of the pot on Jay I'm beginning to suspect that the Rhodes deal is dead in the water. Which would leave us with an improved if not watertight defence, a strong midfield and a marginally improved attack. We do need more attacking options and if Rhodes isn't happening and Mulenga's agent is conducting a bidding war we should be looking elsewhere for that.

50Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 15:09

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:It would be a good deal all round if Spearing came to us. He'd be happy, we'd be happy...ish. With Jay on board we'd have a lot of strength in depth in midfield, but I think that with us expressing an interest in Mulenga and spending some of the pot on Jay I'm beginning to suspect that the Rhodes deal is dead in the water. Which would leave us with an improved if not watertight defence, a strong midfield and a marginally improved attack. We do need more attacking options and if Rhodes isn't happening and Mulenga's agent is conducting a bidding war we should be looking elsewhere for that.
We're not in for Mulenga. Sky are talking bollocks yet again!

51Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 15:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As I keep saying 1.5 mill is peanuts if you are a club with ambition to get back to the Prem.  It's a quarter of what we paid for Elmo.....
Weeks ago I was surprized that we were doing business early on in the window.....now it's back to normal with players signed then not signed the on hold and so forth ...... and headlines in the BEN that we have landed a 18 year old keeper for the youth team.....wow I'm impressed.

Just get the job done and have everyone in place for pre-season.

52Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 15:23

terenceanne wrote:As I keep saying 1.5 mill is peanuts if you are a club with ambition to get back to the Prem.  It's a quarter of what we paid for Elmo.....
Weeks ago I was surprized that we were doing business early on in the window.....now it's back to normal with players signed then not signed the on hold and so forth ...... and headlines in the BEN that we have landed a 18 year old keeper for the youth team.....wow I'm impressed.

The issue is whether or not Dougie wants him, not whether we can afford to pay the £1.5 million.

I'd take him on loan or in a cut price deal, I think there are more pressing positions we could spend that money on.

53Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 19:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It would be a good deal all round if Spearing came to us. He'd be happy, we'd be happy...ish. With Jay on board we'd have a lot of strength in depth in midfield, but I think that with us expressing an interest in Mulenga and spending some of the pot on Jay I'm beginning to suspect that the Rhodes deal is dead in the water. Which would leave us with an improved if not watertight defence, a strong midfield and a marginally improved attack. We do need more attacking options and if Rhodes isn't happening and Mulenga's agent is conducting a bidding war we should be looking elsewhere for that.
We're not in for Mulenga. Sky are talking bollocks yet again!

Good. We need a finisher not another inside forward.

54Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Sun Jul 14 2013, 20:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I notice Rooney has been sent home from pre season in Thailand because of a hamstring injury. Out for a month according to radio reports.

A mate of mine is a big Utd fan. He has a work colleague who is also a red and has gone out to Thailand for a holiday and to take in a United friendly over there. It looks like Moyes has put his foot down and made it clear that RVP is going to be the main striker for the foreseeable and that the Roonster will be expected to play a secondary role behind the chief Gunslinger. Reports indicating that Rooney has thrown his toys out of the pram and that his hamstring is not as bad as suggested may not be far from the truth.

55Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 15 2013, 11:41

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:As I keep saying 1.5 mill is peanuts if you are a club with ambition to get back to the Prem.  It's a quarter of what we paid for Elmo.....

The issue is whether or not Dougie wants him, not whether we can afford to pay the £1.5 million.

I'd take him on loan or in a cut price deal, I think there are more pressing positions we could spend that money on.

If we can't afford 1.5 mill then forget club ambition IMO ....I'll agree with you if Doogie doesn't want him.....that would be diferent of course. But he liked him enough to play him constantly last season.

56Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

If we can't afford 1.5 mill then forget club ambition IMO ....I'll agree with you if Doogie doesn't want him.....that would be diferent of course. But he liked him enough to play him constantly last season.
TBF Dougie was desperate last season with Holden injured and before he bought Medo. Plus we know that Dougie had planned to be without Jay.

57Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Wed Jul 24 2013, 21:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got this from the Reebok Roar Facebook page:

"BWFC sources say Bolton have an agreement to loan Spearing until the end of the season with a view to signing as a free agent when his contract expires. The club and Spearing have a gentleman's agreement to sign on deadline day on the basis a premier league club do not make an offer."

This is good news if true...

58Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Wed Jul 24 2013, 21:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Got this from the Reebok Roar Facebook page:

"BWFC sources say Bolton have an agreement to loan Spearing until the end of the season with a view to signing as a free agent when his contract expires. The club and Spearing have a gentleman's agreement to sign on deadline day on the basis a premier league club do not make an offer."

This is good news if true...
If this happens, it's half of what I am wishing for.  Whatever Dawson would cost would be nothing compared to the 120 million pounds we could make by going up.

59Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Wed Jul 24 2013, 22:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Spearing. No airs and graces. Committed to the tackle and decent distribution. Similar to Medo in his style of play. I cannot see Spearing contemplating a move to Blackburn. It makes no sense. He was happy at Bolton last season and he knows he has a decent chance of playing every week barring injury.

It's a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

60Spearing - Page 3 Empty Re: Spearing Wed Jul 24 2013, 22:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If like our player of the season back too as well as Dawson, even if just on loan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum