Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies back for the City game

+7
Bolton Nuts
doffcocker
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kevin Davies back for the City game Empty Kevin Davies back for the City game Mon Feb 27 2012, 19:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Will the Sun never stop shining on us!

KEVIN Davies is aiming to be back in the frame for Saturday’s derby duel with Manchester City.

The Wanderers captain, who has been sidelined for a fortnight with a knee injury, hopes to confirm his fitness this week and present himself for selection for the Etihad Stadium showdown with the Premier League leaders.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We all slag Davies off, but let's not pretend we've played any better while he's been injured.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

so that means SKD is back, on top of Mark Clattenburg being the referee and against a club who has virtually not dropped a point at home all season, along with a possible 4-4-2 formation.

Thaink I will stay at home on Saturday as its a definite defeat!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:so that means SKD is back, on top of Mark Clattenburg being the referee and against a club who has virtually not dropped a point at home all season, along with a possible 4-4-2 formation.

Thaink I will stay at home on Saturday as its a definite defeat!

Our season starts after the City game, all we can hope for at the weekend is that results go for us.

We moaned about the shitty fixtures at the start, but we now have the easiest run-in of the teams down the bottom.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop disrespecting our captain, the lot of you.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Our season starts after the City game, all we can hope for at the weekend is that results go for us.

We moaned about the shitty fixtures at the start, but we now have the easiest run-in of the teams down the bottom.

Agree with that, there really are some winnable games to come and I'm still confident we won't be involved in the relegation battle come the last day of the season.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We've been saying' our season will start after...' so many times that its almost an anthem. Surprised the crowd haven't started singing it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

our record in "winnable" games is appalling.

In essence though they are, by definition "winnable" we don't seem to "win" them.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Passi wrote:We all slag Davies off, but let's not pretend we've played any better while he's been injured.

In the 8 game period he went without starting a game we picked up 11 points and it might have been more if he'd not come on against Norwich.
Saturday was shite but I dread to think how bad it would have been if it had been the same side that lost to Wigan.

10Kevin Davies back for the City game Empty Re: Kevin Davies back for the City game Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:50

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We really have been better without him though - yeah, Chelsea wasn't amazing but befire that it was Wigan and we were appalling - and he started, then the other 8 games where he didnt start we got 11 points. Better than our average of 0.6 points per game when he has started. (guessed)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

11Kevin Davies back for the City game Empty Re: Kevin Davies back for the City game Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:We've been saying' our season will start after...' so many times

I gave up thinking that a while ago.

It's difficult when your manager's team selection policy is as naive as Coyle's. We've been winning one then losing the following several all season because Coyle thinks winning teams absolutely have to start the next game at least. So we're forever taking a step forward and two back.

It could have been just as well that we lost against Wigan because if we'd won, we wouldn't have seen the back of Davies for a number of games, knowing Coyle!

12Kevin Davies back for the City game Empty Re: Kevin Davies back for the City game Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Is it Davies or was it just thet we went with 2 up top?

What I mean is that would it have been the same outcome against Wigan and Norwich even if Davies was on the field or not.

I'm willing to guess it was a bit of both but as for Davies, I would much rather see Ngog be partnered by someone else up front to see how it would work from the start.

13Kevin Davies back for the City game Empty Re: Kevin Davies back for the City game Tue Feb 28 2012, 00:50

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Being fit does not mean he will play.

In any case, Coyle out.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

14Kevin Davies back for the City game Empty Re: Kevin Davies back for the City game Tue Feb 28 2012, 10:47

Kevin Davies is crap, always has been and always will be. Biggest waste of money EVER at Rovers.

15Kevin Davies back for the City game Empty Re: Kevin Davies back for the City game Tue Feb 28 2012, 12:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:Kevin Davies is crap, always has been and always will be. Biggest waste of money EVER at Rovers.

Have to disagree. Rovers have a humungous list of players that were a waste of money - not that it's a problem for superrich clubs like Rovers. I'd put SuperKev about 34th in that list.

16Kevin Davies back for the City game Empty Re: Kevin Davies back for the City game Tue Feb 28 2012, 13:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Best to hope he plays and gets red carded by Clattenburg as we are not going to get anything out of this game anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum