Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung Yong Lee.

+4
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chung Yong Lee. Empty Chung Yong Lee. Fri Aug 02 2013, 19:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anybody know if he's fighting fit this time round?

I remember when I first saw him in a wanderers shirt, he was quick, he loved taking players on , he had some skills and looked like he was going to be off to a big club.

Now I know he broke his leg, but can we ever see a fit Lee, running at players, sharp turns in the box, winning free kicks in dangerous areas, I think he's lost his confidence big time.

But surly being an international we should expect a bit more from him this season.

Do you think we'll see a big improvement in him this season ?

2Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Fri Aug 02 2013, 19:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I truly hope so.  When playing well he is awesome.

3Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Fri Aug 02 2013, 20:02

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:Anybody know if he's fighting fit this time round?

I remember when I first saw him in a wanderers shirt, he was quick, he loved taking players on , he had some skills and looked like he was going to be off to a big club.

Now I know he broke his leg, but can we ever see a fit Lee, running at players, sharp turns in the box, winning free kicks in dangerous areas, I think he's lost his confidence big time.

But surly being an international we should expect a bit more from him this season.

Do you think we'll see a big improvement in him this season ?
Personally, I think the broken leg and loss in form is a psychological issue. Chungy for me, is better suited to the Premiership, where it isn't as physical as the Championship.

The Championship is not the best league in the world, to introduce, one of your star players in to, after such a bad injury, especially from the Premier.

Chungy, isn't the best at shooting in the world and he's not the greatest crosser either, Chungy prefers to run at defenders and IF he can get his confidence back, he should be a great asset for us.

4Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Fri Aug 02 2013, 20:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He will be back to his best this season.

5Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Fri Aug 02 2013, 20:28

According to Dougie he isn't fit:

Freedman admits he was forced to play Chung-Yong, more than he wanted to last season as Wanderers pushed for a play-off spot, but is reluctant to do the same again this time around.
“Chungy broke his leg a while back and came back last season to play a lot of games,” he said. “If I’m honest, I flogged Chungy last season because of the situation we were in.
“He played on June 18 so I gave him a month off. As we speak right now, will he be a starter? Probably not. But will he be available, yes he will.
“He’s just not quite where I would like him to be.”

6Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Fri Aug 02 2013, 20:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll be on the bench tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing hall and eagles link up, i think halls pace will cause problems for them

7Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Fri Aug 02 2013, 22:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was a good player when he arrived. But even before his major injury he'd been bang out of form.

Whether it's down to the injury who is to say, but he's definitely average at best - we should have flogged him to Wigan when they came calling.

8Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Fri Aug 02 2013, 22:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The left side doesn't do him justice.

9Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Sat Aug 03 2013, 01:01

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd sell him if we can get any sort of decent money for him.

10Chung Yong Lee. Empty Re: Chung Yong Lee. Sat Aug 03 2013, 08:06

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm sure Dougie said Ngog and chungy are ready if he needs them, but Mortiz is about 2 weeks away from being fit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum