Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What sort of manager should Bolton go for?

+17
Angry Dad
observer
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
NickFazer
doffcocker
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
kennster
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Michael Bolton
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets just say we implanted Gerrard in the middle today, most think he's a leader of men.

Gerrard can't stop individual mistakes I'm afraid no matter how great he is.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:there are some tactical wizards on here who would have us in the champions league.
You flatter me.
Nat, I'm sure you would have gotten more points for us than DF has.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Lets just say we implanted Gerrard in the middle today, most think he's a leader of men.

Gerrard can't stop individual mistakes I'm afraid no matter how great he is.
True, but they can get a grip when under pressure by holding onto the ball. Campo wasn't a brilliant player, but he knew how to hold onto a ball to calm things down.

Bolton players are scared of the ball.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just because you're a "leader" doesn't mean you're brilliant at holding onto the ball.

what we actually need are two or three with technical ability.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Just because you're a "leader" doesn't mean you're brilliant at holding onto the ball.

I thought we were talking about Gerrard. He is brilliant at getting the ball and keeping it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Just because you're a "leader" doesn't mean you're brilliant at holding onto the ball.

I thought we were talking about Gerrard. He is brilliant at getting the ball and keeping it.
yeah he is, sorry i thought you were just generalising.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Nat, I'm sure you would have gotten more points for us than DF has.
Of course. For a start we'd have had Earnshaw upfront.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Russell Slade is the perfect candidate for this job but he isn't fashionable enough for some of you delusional twunts.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This thread is stupid ,we are not getting a new manager.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't be too sure Daddy boy ED needs to get some money back before he sells the club and our parachute payments are quickly evaporating. Furthermore, when you realise you've made a mistake isn't the best thing to do accept it and put it right. Freedman had no history before he came here, was totally unproven and on his way out of Palace anyway with no new deal offered to him. They knew he was pants and now we're finding it out too. Let's just get rid, put JP back in charge until Christmas and then see where we are.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Big Ron isn't doing anything, since he got booted out of the Big brother house, he'll kick some useless lazy arses!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:What the fuck would a platoon be without a good Sergeant ?

Of course you need a leader, someone to look up to when shit hits the fan, its normally the cool guy with a few words that'll stop you flapping that's the key.

Could we have the Blackadder version of a manager?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need someone who knows the squad and just how bad some of them are. Someone who knows that there's no money to spend but is prepared to work with what we have to try and make them better. Someone who has an eye for quality youth talent and is prepared to wait for a couple of years whilst they come through and has a track record of doing this successfully in the past. Someone who can put on a brave face for the media when the donkeys humiliate him on the pitch, so that he doesn't undermine what little confidence they have left. Someone who knows that without money to spend, you get on with working to a long-term sustainable plan. Someone who recognises the importance of stability and the benefits it can bring to a club. The best qualified manager by these criteria is Dougie Freedman - by a mile.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:We need someone who knows the squad and just how bad some of them are. Someone who knows that there's no money to spend but is prepared to work with what we have to try and make them better. Someone who has an eye for quality youth talent and is prepared to wait for a couple of years whilst they come through and has a track record of doing this successfully in the past.
Dario Gradi?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:We need someone who knows the squad and just how bad some of them are. Someone who knows that there's no money to spend but is prepared to work with what we have to try and make them better. Someone who has an eye for quality youth talent and is prepared to wait for a couple of years whilst they come through and has a track record of doing this successfully in the past.
Dario Gradi?
He's the kind of patient, hard-working and loyal manager we need, but let's be honest - he'd be hounded out by the so-called fans within months.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can never understand why Dario Gradi was never made an offer he couldn't refuse by one of the big clubs. I don't mean as manager, but as head of youth development. Has any coach produced more top class players in the last 30 years?

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dario has had a terrific record with young players but aged 72, semi-retired, I think his ship has sailed.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Dario has had a terrific record with young players but aged 72, semi-retired, I think his ship has sailed.
Ageist.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dario was supported by the fans through thick and a helluva lot of thin. He was only allowed to develop the talent he was given on the understanding that if they made the grade he'd sell them to Liverpool. Face it, Crewe was Liverpool's nursery.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets be honest what were the expectations at Crewe.

the expectations here are if in the championship - win every game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum