Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton.

+6
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 17:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Andre Moritz jumped at the chance to link up with Bolton Wanderers after taking the decision to snub a switch to Crystal Palace.

The Brazilian appeared all set to pen a 12-month deal at Selhurst Park after helping Palace into the Premier League via the play-offs.

A discussion with Ian Holloway helped to open his eyes, though, and he realised that regular football may be easier to come by away from the top flight.

Former Palace boss Freedman - the man who brought Moritz to England - opened the door to the Reebok Stadium for the 27-year-old and he was delighted to agree a second shot at promotion out of the Championship.

Moritz told The Bolton News: "With Palace, just after the play-off final, I had agreed with the chairman and Ian Holloway to set everything up for the next season. I went back to Brazil and had my holidays.

"Palace I felt was home. That was the thing about the team there last season, they were almost like family.

"When I came back I went in to sign the deal but had a last-minute meeting with Ian Holloway and he started to explain how he would play this season. He said he would not use a number 10 or a playmaker and he wanted to chase the ball. That is not the kind of player I am.

"I didn't see myself playing very much in his team and he was very honest. I appreciated that from him. He said I would be a good player to be on the bench, but for me that was not enough.

"It was a surprise. Even my agent was outside the door and asked when I left 'have you signed?' and I said 'no' and walked through the doors.

"Of course, my first option was to work with Dougie again. I had four months with him and we were not only successful on the pitch but it's pleasurable to work with him because he keeps you on your toes.

"I phoned him and said I wanted to play for you again. I'm glad it happened."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 17:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He has struck me as being fairly immobile so far. Everybody has put it down to his weight/fitness but there's more to it than that as this article shows.

I can't stand players thinking they can dismiss the fact that they're lazy because putting a shift in "just isn't the sort of player I am".

If he isn't going to put himself about, he will struggle.

3Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 18:52

We lack a player like Moritz at the moment, somebody to play that killer ball. The fact he doesn't 'put a shift in' doesn't bother me, if he's in the team he's their to make space and create things. Leave the closing down to Medo and Spearing.

4Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 19:11

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's far too premature to be discussing how good or bad Moritz has been so far. I go to most games and I've seen very little of Moritz to make a judgement at the moment.

Even if Moritz has eaten somebody the size of Micheal Bolton, which is obviously impossible! A number 10 who can link up play from midfield to our striker or strikers, must be an asset, especially if he comes from Brazil!

5Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 19:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How long does it take to get a player fit though, the guy knew he would be playing for someone come August so how unfit can he have gotten over the Summer? He's now been with us several weeks and wasn't even deemed fit enough to play at Tranmere.

I smell another Jardel.

6Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 19:36

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I thought Moritz had a slight injury?

7Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 19:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I thought Moritz had a slight injury?
That's Ngog. Probably.

8Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 19:45

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I thought Moritz had a slight injury?
That's Ngog. Probably.
Fook N'Gog! I don't mean you personally. He'll be leaving on a Bosman no doubt at the end of the season. Another waste of £4 million pi$$ed away.

I suppose, we'll be saving around £30K a week in wages though.

9Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 20:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we've seen enough to know whether he puts a shift in or not tbh.

I'm sure some palace fans would be able to tell us.

He certainly seems to want the ball more than most in the very limited minutes he has had.

10Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 20:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

He certainly seems to want the ball more than most in the very limited minutes he has had.
It's pretty incredible there are footballers who don't want the ball. It's like being a lawyer and refusing to go to Court or a hooker who won't have sex.

11Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 20:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He looks useful enough with the ball at his feet. The worry is that he won't see enough of it if he's not prepared to chase it.

12Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 20:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what I have seen of him I like the look of him. Dougie must have rated him having played him at Palace.

13Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 21:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:He looks useful enough with the ball at his feet. The worry is that he can't see his feet
Fixed.

14Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 21:45

So he came to us because he didn't want to sit on the  bench of a Premiership club. To be fair we do have better quality seats for the subs than they do at Palace so think he made the right decision.

15Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sat Sep 07 2013, 22:27

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He is on the limited exposure so far,Shite !! I wait to be convinced otherwise but hope Duggiest is right and I am wrong. unlike my opinion of El Prat who is shit,has always been shit and will remain shit and will continue to be so.

16Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sun Sep 08 2013, 06:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another waste of money, fuck me we do get them.

Ngog will leave on a free at the end of the season is bad business , 4 million pissed away FFS.

I've heard he's injured again, would it not be cheaper just to release him ?

17Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Moritz styles himself as a playmaker - which is fine if he delivers. If he doesn't, he's a luxury passenger. Certainly seems to have the requisite touch and vision to do it, but if he ain't closing down he's going to have to be very creative to compensate.

18Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sun Sep 08 2013, 10:47

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Basically Holloway showed him the door because he's an idle, conceited shit who can't even be bothered to keep himself fit. Sounds like just the type Dougie goes for and will fit in brilliantly with those other useless lazy conceited shits Beckford and Knight. We'll have a full team of them before long so keep on Dougie you're doing a great job.

19Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sun Sep 08 2013, 10:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Basically Holloway showed him the door because he's an idle, conceited shit who can't even be bothered to keep himself fit.
I have to agree with this. A committed footballer wouldn't let himself get so unfit over the Summer.

I've heard Titus Bramble is fighting fit.

20Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Empty Re: Why (fatty) Moritz joined Bolton. Sun Sep 08 2013, 11:11

Whitesince63 wrote:Basically Holloway showed him the door because he's an idle, conceited shit who can't even be bothered to keep himself fit.  
He picked up a slight calf strain after Forest, he's been doing extra training to try and get fit. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the truth is the complete opposite of what you've said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum