Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The BBC

+6
Michael Bolton
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
scottjames30
Angry Dad
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:You do have the choice, you either watch TV or you don't.
Don't be stupid, I have the choice of watching, but not paying. Why should I pay if I don't want to watch it?
Watch without paying equates to £5000 fine nowadays, or 6 months in prison.

22The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:13

gloswhite wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:You do have the choice, you either watch TV or you don't.
Don't be stupid, I have the choice of watching, but not paying. Why should I pay if I don't want to watch it?
You pay a license fee if you watch/record TV. Don't want to pay it, then don't watch it.

I don't see what's stupid about that.

23The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Which is the point I'm making. I have to pay for a frigging tv station that I don't want to watch, otherwise I get fined, or worse. This was a good idea when the service was first established, but in this day and age, it isn't necessary, and the shenanigans of the corporation in recent years goes to show that more and more money is wasted on things other than programmes.

24The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:17

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Well said Glos, tell him to feck off, everyone as to pay the buggers.

25The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

There is no way I can own a tv set, and limit it to non-BBC channels. It is therefore taken as a given that if you own a tv, you will, at some time watch BBC, therefore you are liable for the fee. I'm not aware of any software that can legally, or officially, cut out the BBC channels.

26The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:
Stephen Mulhearn always seemed like a person who could have done well if he had an Ant or Dec to present with him. 
I have to say I hate Philip Schofield. I hate shows like The Cube, god it is dreadful. I hate even more than dating show Paddy whats his face. I have always wondered about that show why they never have 30 lads turning their lights on or off and 1 girl who has to impress them?
There's so many shows on ITV that make me cringe. I particularly hate ones where there's an audience that just laughs along at everything like dickheads. They do this on Piers Morgan's Life Stories and that Mr and Mrs show with Phil Schofield.

27The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a canned audience. Most of the time it's not even funny but the audience still laugh.

28The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Doffer, I think some of that is canned. It used to be obvious in the old days, especially in comedy sitcoms, but I think its a bit more subtle nowadays.

29The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:32

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I tipexed the 1 off my controls, am I safe.

30The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:33

gloswhite wrote:There is no way I can own a tv set, and limit it to non-BBC channels. It is therefore taken as a given that if you own a tv, you will, at some time watch BBC, therefore you are liable for the fee. I'm not aware of any software that can legally, or officially, cut out the BBC channels.
You pay a licence fee if you watch/record any TV not just BBC. 

So your choice remains, watch TV and pay or don't. I don't understand the confusion to be honest. As I said, if the licence fee contributes to me not having to sit through hours of adverts then Im fine with it, but that's just me.

31The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:There is no way I can own a tv set, and limit it to non-BBC channels. It is therefore taken as a given that if you own a tv, you will, at some time watch BBC, therefore you are liable for the fee. I'm not aware of any software that can legally, or officially, cut out the BBC channels.
You pay a licence fee if you watch/record any TV not just BBC. 

So your choice remains, watch TV and pay or don't. I don't understand the confusion to be honest. As I said, if the licence fee contributes to me not having to sit through hours of adverts then Im fine with it, but that's just me.
 I don't believe that is true. The licence fee goes to the BBC only. Whats the point of the other channels running adverts if we pay for them as well ?

32The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:36

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am just looking at my Sky TV guide for BBC evening programmes between 7pm-9pm. 
Friday = The One Show (shite), Fake Britain (wtf is that), Eastenders (depressing), Miranda (not funny).
Saturday = I love my country (has anyone seen this? It is bloody dreadful. National Lottery. Casualty (jesus, is that still on?)
Sunday = Countryfile (sunday 7pm?), Antiques Roadshow. Exciting stuff.
Monday = The One show (not again). Inside Out (wtf?), Eastenders (depressing), Panorama Special. What a boring night!
Tuesday = The One Show (oh not again), Eastenders (oh fuck off). Holby City (Fucking Casualty again!)
Wedneday = The One Show (on for an hour this time FFS). Watchdog on for an hour. Jesus!
Thursday = The One Show (again!!!!), Eastenders (again arghhh), Waterloo Road - shite.

How bad is that? How bad has the BBC become?

33The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:37

Only the BBC take the licensing fee, but you need it to watch any TV.

34The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Waterloo Road used to be shite but good. It's now just shite.

Mike do you not watch Pointless at 5.15?

35The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Although the wording will probably state that the licence is for the reception of television and radio, it is to pay for the BBC channel only. If we don't pay for the BBC, the licence would go, or at least reduce to a few pounds, although the requirement for a specific radio licence was abolished some years ago.

Off to bed, happy to continue this tmw if u like

36The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:I am just looking at my Sky TV guide for BBC evening programmes between 7pm-9pm. 
Friday = The One Show (shite), Fake Britain (wtf is that), Eastenders (depressing), Miranda (not funny).
Saturday = I love my country (has anyone seen this? It is bloody dreadful. National Lottery. Casualty (jesus, is that still on?)
Monday = The One show (not again). Inside Out (wtf?), Eastenders (depressing), Panorama Special. What a boring night!
Tuesday = The One Show (oh not again), Eastenders (oh fuck off). Holby City (Fucking Casualty again!)
Wedneday = The One Show (on for an hour this time FFS). Watchdog on for an hour. Jesus!
Thursday = The One Show (again!!!!), Eastenders (again arghhh), Waterloo Road - shite.

It's a fucking disgrace, I have had this conversation so many times in the last few months over the amount of shit that is on bbc 1,2 and ITV.

The amount of programmes that have an (R) for repeat next to them on a saturday and sunday is ridiculous.

37The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:43

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

doffcocker wrote:Waterloo Road used to be shite but good. It's now just shite.

Mike do you not watch Pointless at 5.15?
Oh I bloody hate Pointless. Why the bloody hell do they need two blokes to present it? And why are they standing in front of a pond in a studio?
The questions are always shite too. Oh I bloody hate it. 
Bring back an evening of Bergerac, Big Break, a sitcom like Only Fools and Horses/Fawlty Towers and a 30 minute gameshow like Bob's Full House.

38The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:45

I'm a big fan of pointless. Hated it at first but the questions are challenging and the presenters are tongue in cheek 99% of the time, find them both very funny.

39The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:48

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:I am just looking at my Sky TV guide for BBC evening programmes between 7pm-9pm. 

It's a fucking disgrace, I have had this conversation so many times in the last few months over the amount of shit that is on bbc 1,2 and ITV.

The amount of programmes that have an (R) for repeat next to them on a saturday and sunday is ridiculous.
It is a disgrace I totally agree. We were brought up on great TV - and is this what we are producing now? Endless amounts of shit such as cheap and nasty chat shows like The Paul O'Grady show, The One Show, cooking programmes, antiques programmes, programmes about buying a house, DIY makeoever programmes, etc.? Who the bloody hell is making these decisions? Does someone seriously think people want to watch this shit? 
On the BBC, if you don't like Eastenders or The Facking One Show, there is nothing for you to watch on an evening. 
What has happened to TV?

40The BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:49

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sad fecker, its fecking shit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum