Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

7th July 2005

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

17th July 2005 Empty 7th July 2005 Thu Sep 12 2013, 17:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always have a look round Youtube on 9/11 at the endless footage and documentaries of that day, which usually leads me on to the...shall we say, London equivalent that happened eight years ago.

I know it's dwarfed by 9/11 in terms of fatalities, but it was definitely a "where were you?" moment for me. I was in Sa Coma, Mallorca and a cockney family from the hotel I was staying at asked if I'd "heard about London" and I assumed they meant the Olympics 2012 result.

Jesus, it was an awful day, but I bet the average Brit would have to think for a bit if you asked them about the significance of 7/7.

27th July 2005 Empty Re: 7th July 2005 Thu Sep 12 2013, 17:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got to be honest i can't remember where i was.

37th July 2005 Empty Re: 7th July 2005 Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I remember it well. I was in London at Victoria station heading to a meeting when news of the first bombings started to come in and all the mobile networks went down.

Oddly enough I was also in London at a different station (this time on my way home from a meeting) when my wife phoned me to tell me that 9/11 was happening.

47th July 2005 Empty Re: 7th July 2005 Thu Sep 12 2013, 23:42

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ask a wank about that and they wouldn't have a Fooking clue! So insular beyond belief, had some argy bargy on a coach with some young wank upstarts giving some lip last night. They didn't know where they should be getting off the coach and only that their hotel began with C. I said that there could be about 30 on the island, should we drive about all night looking?
Needless to say I got some shit and my pleasure levels were raised. I asked them how the fook did they find the Moon in 69, they could go 200,000 miles then but were struggling to find a place to kip within 2 miles now?

57th July 2005 Empty Re: 7th July 2005 Fri Sep 13 2013, 02:31

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I can't remember where I was at the time. But 9/11 I can. Strange eh?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum