Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is The Current Bolton Team The Shittest Of All Time?

+7
wanderlust
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Quent
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, so maybe not of all time, but in my opinion it's definitely the worst Bolton team in many, many years.

I once took a load of abuse on another forum for suggesting the 90's side with the likes of David Lee, John McGinlay, Andy Walker, Alan Stubbs etc would beat the current Bolton side, regardless of the fact they weren't even in the Prem. And I stand by that.

And the team that romped to the Championship title under Colin Todd would beat the current team with ease.

On a wider issue, is football in general on the decline? A so called good young player like Darren Pratley can't even pass a ball 5 yards, an England regular like Theo Walcott can't shoot straight or cross a ball but because he has pace he's treated like a God.

Last week David Moyes said the following after reading my work:

"There's no doubt the game has speeded up but I'm not sure that has made for better football.

"Some of the players in the Premier League 10 years ago were at a superior level than those of today in terms of technique and ability.

Are David and I right, is football going backwards in terms of quality?

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Football in general is pretty shit these days. There are some great matches, but how many great solo goals do we see? Not many.

I agree with Moyes, footballers in 2012 aren't a patch on those of 10 years ago.

Yes, this Bolton team is the shittest team of all time.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No it's not.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Footballers are more like ahtletes than they were 10 years ago.

I can say with some ease this is the worst bolton team I have ever witnessed in terms of passion and effort for many a year, I know sammy lee's side wss piss poor but it showed some fight in the few games I witnessed (not much).

The truley gifted footballers in our leauge are the likes of Silva and Van persie, bolton hasn't had a top draw player since Anelka was here.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Take Knight, Steinnson, Pratley and Robinson out of the current squad and who else could you describe as really shite ?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wheater for me, I think he is a truley aweful defender. I feel uneasy when knight makes a challenge but he makes Knight look like Vidic when he's 1 on 1 with a man.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Despite us finishing in 13th on 41 points, the crappest season I've experienced as a Wanderer in the Prermiership was 2008/2009. I still to this day believe we were one of the three shittest teams in the league and only survived because of Matt Taylor and Kevin Davies.

It was a worse footballing side than this one. Just off the top of my head, I can think of five matches we won out of sheer dumb luck. I think Robert Green alone made 3 clangers against us over the two fixtures against West Ham.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's hope West Ham get promoted and we stay up. That's six points we can safely bank.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

It was a worse footballing side than this one.

This current lot is the worst footballing side ever, it's months since we put three passes together.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are pretty damn sh1t at the moment. In a bid to reduce the wage bill we taken a gamble on a bunch of young players who have yet to prove themselves and probably won't even be ready for this season. Then two key players pick up awful injuries that puts them out for the season. What we're left with is a mixed bag of ageing decent players, perennial squad players and unproven talent. Throw in some bravado tactics and the whole shooting match is exposed.
Not much fun this year - but I assure you there has been a lot worse.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

It was a worse footballing side than this one.

This current lot is the worst footballing side ever, it's months since we put three passes together.

That's the annoying thing about it, we can play good football on the ground, I have seen a few times this season at the reebok where we have created good chances by playing it on the floor.

Yet for some reason it only seems to happen every 5 games and only happens once or twice during the match.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Let's hope West Ham get promoted and we stay up. That's six points we can safely bank.

.... For West Ham

Hammer have a far better team than our, play better football than us and worst of all the teams backbone is namde up of former Bolton players!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Hammer have a far better team than our, play better football than us and worst of all the teams backbone is namde up of former Bolton players!

Don't talk crap Chris - O'Brien & Taylor were awful. And don't even get me started on that waste of space Vaz Te.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

O Brien has been excellent this season apparently.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And Vaz Te seems to be scoring a few goals.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't know what the shittest team of all time we have had is.

I started watching BWFC in the late-80s and we were a lower division club going nowhere until Rioch and Todd arrived, so I would say that team was shitter.

The team we had the first time we came up to the PL that finished on 29 points was shitter too. 9 points adrift of safety, minus 32 goal difference, 8 wins all season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

The team we had the first time we came up to the PL that finished on 29 points was shitter too. 9 points adrift of safety, minus 32 goal difference, 8 wins all season.

It was a much better league in those days - that team playing in this league would finish top 10.

Plus, the chances of this team getting 29 points are limited.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Don't talk crap Chris - O'Brien & Taylor were awful. And don't even get me started on that waste of space Vaz Te.

Considering how the Hammers are playing, their position in the Championship and how we are playing. I could actually see the Hammers wiping the floor with us. Yes some of their players may have been a little lacklustre whilst at Bolton, but see how the play now...

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well they've got a good manager now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum