Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton

+25
gloswhite
wessy
Copper Dragon
observer
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
Barryjw
Triumph
doffcocker
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
kennster
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
karlypants
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 19:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next up and coming game is against Birmingham City and is on Saturday and live on Sky Sports at 12:15pm and obviously on the chat box!.

With our 2 previous games drawing  1-1 with Yeovil and then 0-0 with Blackpool, How does everyone think this will go?

Does anyone feel we are starting to improve and think we will get a win?

Birmingham City have been on good form the last few games and their last 2 results against sheffield wednesday (4-1) and Swansea (3-1) were both big wins, only losing to Reading 2-0 in their last 4 games.

Does anyone feel we will get some luck finally or just a goal fest for Birmingham?

Last edited by karlypants on Thu Oct 03 2013, 19:30; edited 2 times in total

2Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 19:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-1 if we're lucky.

3Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 19:36

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We're going to this game, even though it's on Sky and it's a 12.15 kickoff. We are getting the 9.39 train from Warrington Bank Quay, so we'll be supping miniature whisky's on the train :drinks: 

Team?
Boggers
McNaughton---Mills---Ream---Baptiste

Spearing---Medo

Feeney---Eagles---Pratley

Beckford

I'm not making a prediction! :suicide:

4Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 21:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Given that we seem to be turning a corner and gaining our first away clean sheet since I was born I think this is when we get our first win. 

We'll start brilliantly, go 2 up through Feeney and beckford and they'll pull one back around the 70 minute mark, all our arses will be twitching like a goodun for the last 20, they'll dominate, hit the post, miss a penalty, twat the ref and we'll scrape 3 points.

5Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 21:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Given that we seem to be turning a corner and gaining our first away clean sheet since I was born I think this is when we get our first win. 

We'll start brilliantly, go 2 up through Feeney and beckford and they'll pull one back around the 70 minute mark, all our arses will be twitching like a goodun for the last 20, they'll dominate, hit the post, miss a penalty, twat the ref and we'll scrape 3 points.
Love your enthusiasm lol!

6Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 21:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love Culcheth's avatar.

7Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 21:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I love Culcheth's avatar.
I know I could fall in love with her knockers, we could do with a few like that at the Reebok for when the game is shit Very Happy

8Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 21:59

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:We're going to this game, even though it's on Sky and it's a 12.15 kickoff. We are getting the 9.39 train from Warrington Bank Quay, so we'll be supping miniature whisky's on the train :drinks: 

Team?
Boggers

Spearing---Medo

Beckford

If El Prat plays after the Blackpool game then Freedman has to go,the guy is an effing liability no matter what position he plays in.We have too many options in midfield to let him anywhere near the bench never mind the pitch.

9Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 22:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:We're going to this game, even though it's on Sky and it's a 12.15 kickoff. We are getting the 9.39 train from Warrington Bank Quay, so we'll be supping miniature whisky's on the train :drinks: 

Team?
Boggers

Spearing---Medo

Beckford

If El Prat plays after the Blackpool game then Freedman has to go,the guy is an effing liability no matter what position he plays in.We have too many options in midfield to let him anywhere near the bench never mind the pitch.
Hasn't Pratley scored 2 goals so far this season?

10Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 22:02

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tigermin wrote:

Team?
Boggers

Spearing---Medo

Beckford

Pratley isn't my choice, I just think Dougie will play him. I'd sooner chuck Hall in to the frame.

11Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 22:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hall should have played against Blackpool. I'm not sure that we can accommodate two flying wingers like Feeney and Hall but if we keep Medo and Spearing in central midfield it could work.

12Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 22:16

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'll be watching on the coach to Chelmsford with Bath City. The boys know of my Bolton obsession, and will rip the mickey mercilessly unless we get some kind of result. Bet Dougie doesn't think of that.

13Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 22:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see anything but a home win. I hope Dougie picks Eagles this week, it would be nice to score a goal.

14Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Thu Oct 03 2013, 22:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello Manda, thanks for the best wishes the other day, I've finally shaken that nasty bug off!

How are the Romans doing this season?

Feel free to advertise them on here anytime you want.

Don't know if I've mentioned this or not but Chorley (The Magpies) give a discount to anyone turning up to their games with a Season Ticket, when their 'home' team is playing away and they have not gone to watch them / or on international break.  

I think he reported he got something like 70 or so people turning up at the last international break, which with their attendance and spend on food and drink, was a very welcome little bonus for the club.

He simply found some of the local clubs Footy forums and advertised.  (Bit rude not to ask the mods first though imo).

I know the number of local clubs and distances are different in your adopted part of the world but just a thought for you, if you had not considered it already.

PS - Good luck Saturday!

15Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Fri Oct 04 2013, 10:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a crucial game for us. Brum are looking good ATM and a win at their place would be an amazing result that will boost confidence and drive us on to better things. Conversely, a loss would put Dougie under enormous pressure and set player confidence (which I imagine is still very fragile) back to where we were 3 weeks ago.
We need another strong defensive performance and something different in attack to pull this one off. I won't be going to this one so will probably end up hiding behind the sofa screaming at the box.

16Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Fri Oct 04 2013, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That poor woman! I had a girlfriend of similar proportions who suffered from terrible backache as a result of carting them around.

17Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Fri Oct 04 2013, 11:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
That poor woman! I had a girlfriend of similar proportions who suffered from terrible backache as a result of carting them around.
You don't get many of them in a pound. She calls her bra an Over Shoulder Boulder Holder.

18Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Fri Oct 04 2013, 17:53

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We've sold just over 300 so far, that's about how many I thought would make the trip tomorrow.

19Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Fri Oct 04 2013, 17:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:We've sold just over 300 so far, that's about how many I thought would make the trip tomorrow.
Do you know how many we were allocated?

20Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Birmingham City 1-2 Bolton Fri Oct 04 2013, 18:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

300! We used to take 4,000 when we were in the old Division 3.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum