Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman out or unbeaten in four - how do we feel?

+14
luckyPeterpiper
Whitesince63
observer
doffcocker
terenceanne
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
bryan458
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
kennster
scottjames30
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't be arsed with firing and finding a new manager also.

Just hope it gets better.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It won't happen Doffer. He's doing just enough to stay ahead of the sack, and still has the knack of sounding positive, even though the results aren't encouraging. If it happens, itll be after the New Year, by which time we'll be battling for survival.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Although hiring & firing is a pain ....... would we be any worse off than we are now?  I can't see how.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just look at the two chances we missed late on, and a name beginning with K springs to mind, o why did we get rid ?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I just look at the two chances we missed late on, and a name beginning with K springs to mind, o why did we get rid ?
Kevin Davies is past it.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I just look at the two chances we missed late on, and a name beginning with K springs to mind, o why did we get rid ?
Kevin Davies is past it.
And I thought he wanted Knightmare on! Sheez.

For want of one finisher and others who want to play the game and not sleepwalk through it!

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He's clutching at straws now just hoping that Moritz really will save the day for him, we'll sorry Dougie but he's just another average journeyman like the rest of the cretins you've brought in. I'm sick to the back teeth of his positive gloss on the shite he's inflicting and I'm also sick of the apologists for him on here with your pathetic reasons for keeping him when you must know in your hearts he's not up to the job. I'm also an advocate of stability but you have to see some positive direction which there clearly isn't right now. We had more than enough quality in the squad when he came here and still do but he just hasn't the faintest idea of how to use that quality. Get rid now before it's really too late and we become a laughing stoc, if we're not already.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he rated Moritz he'd have played some part yesterday, Eagles was having a stinker.

Moritz will just be another signing in a long list of benchwarmers.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm just fed up with having my weekends ruined by, at best, mediocre football and results, and at worst embarassing defeats. Its Coyle all over again. At the present rate we will finish the season with about 4 or 5 wins.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:I'm just fed up with having my weekends ruined by, at best, mediocre football and results, and at worst embarassing defeats. Its Coyle all over again. At the present rate we will finish the season with about 4 or 5 wins.
Actually it's worse than Coyle, Mugson & Lee all combined together. I'd take all of the above rather than this bloke.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If Lee hadn't tried changing things so quickly and hadn't lost the dressing room then it would have been interesting to see how things would have worked out to be honest, his passing and moving style certainly would have been good to watch if he had made things work.

Sadly it's all ifs and buts.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I felt some hope after the Birmingham game. Today all I feel is that sacking the manager won't help us. I think it's time that cat Mr Reeboksworth was given the freedom to turn some of the players (they know who they are) into packets of Whiska's because then we could sell them on the market at 50p each which is more than they're worth right now.

Seriously though; I see no point in firing Dougie because until and unless the finances improve there is little that can be done to really improve the squad and even Pep Guardiola would have a job making this squad look good. We have several decent players who don't seem to want to play and a bunch of mediocre twerps who can't play. This is starting to feel more and more like the dark years of 83 -89. Awful times that slowly began to improve after Eddie stepped in but I fear that this time there won't be another Eddie to come in at the last moment and save us. I fear for the whole club never mind the League positions.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Totally disagree LuckyP we have more than enough quality in the squad and I've absolutely no doubt a competent manager with good connections would get more from this team than Freedman's doing and be able to find better loanees than the ones we have. On one hand you accept Dougie's not up to it yet you claim we should stick with him in the hope it gets better. The clowns been with us now for a year, two transfer windows and a full pre season yet we're worse now than when he came in. Our quality players don't look interested and are performing well below their ability and you have to ask why? One person is to blame and it amazes me why so many still insist we stick with him. Doesn't make any sense to me because we know nothing's going to improve whilst he's here.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Of course sacking Freedman would make a massive difference, if the correct manager was employed, sadly BWFC have a fucking moron in charge of the hiring and firing so nothing will change until this idiot is removed!!!!!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were lucky to get a win at Brum (penalty not given) and would have lost yesterday but for a decision from Sian Massey who saved our bacon by disallowing what looked to me to be a perfectly good Wednesday goal.

I therefore don't think the results are an indicator of where we're at - we've been very, very lucky to get 4 points from the last 2 games - 1 point would have been an accurate reflection of how the games panned out.

I also don't think that the only remedial strategy is to sack the manager - in fact I'd go as far as to say that it's probably the worst thing we could do.

That's because the players are undoubtedly the problem and no manager can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Whilst I don't particularly rate DFs approach/tactics even an idiot like me can see that it would have worked out fine if the players movement, passing and positional play were up to scratch.

The long ball business was desperation in a situation where there wasn't enough quality movement in the midfield so there were no obvious passes on the cards. When we do have passing opportunities, we give it away far too frequently.

I know it's not fair to compare them to say Arsenal, but watching quality teams like that work for each other and implement quick and accurate passing to retain possession and create openings just highlights how far we have to improve to be competitive.

The "correct" manager could tweak things a bit - and I'm sure that if things don't improve so will Dougie - but we can't get away from the fact that we're always going to struggle if we can't do the basic stuff well as seems to be the case at present.

How I feel about all this is sad. Sad that we couldn't afford to hang on to players of the quality we've seen in recent years and sad in the knowledge that there is no easy short-term solution.

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

bryan458 wrote:Of course sacking Freedman would make a massive difference, if the correct manager was employed, sadly BWFC have a fucking moron in charge of the hiring and firing so nothing will change until this idiot is removed!!!!!!
:clap:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:
bryan458 wrote:Of course sacking Freedman would make a massive difference, if the correct manager was employed, sadly BWFC have a fucking moron in charge of the hiring and firing so nothing will change until this idiot is removed!!!!!!
:clap:
So what percentage of the current squad were "hired" by Dougie (excluding loanees who aren't our players and youths we haven't seen yet)?

And don't you think Dougie (or any incoming manager) will be looking to move as much of the deadweight as possible as soon as contracts allow?

Frankly I don't think any of our players would attract a decent transfer fee ATM and given that there's no other known source of recruitment budget the manager's hands are tied.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is part of the manager's role not to improve the players he has?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is part of the manager's role not to improve the players he has?

Yep but there's only so much anyone can do to accomplish that. Granted Dougie might not be getting the very best out of some of our players but they have to shoulder some responsibility for the lack of effort they showed ever since we dropped a division. 

I agree someone else might get more out of them but there's no guarantee of that and who here really believes another change of manager will really change our fortunes? Not to sound too argumentative but I'm not sure that anyone could make the players who don't want to play for us change their minds and the ones who aren't good enough can only be improved to a certain point before they hit what I shall call their 'talent ceiling' no matter who sits in the dugout. 

Sacking Dougie might bring a short term bounce but in the long run the same problems will exist until and unless something changes in our finances or we see the back of the nonperformers and replace them with players who are hungry and have some ability. If only it were that simple I hear you say. I agree it won't be easy but it can be done. We've been in far worse straits than this and come back stronger. We can do that again with patience and belief in the club as a whole rather than any one man.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How about playing two strikers at home against a poor Wednesday side ..... Doogie's tactics are scared and the formations are poor week to week.  We screamed about OC because of this .....but it's not been this bad in 10 years IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum