Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Light on Height ?

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Light on Height ? Empty Light on Height ? Mon Oct 21 2013, 19:24

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just wondered what others thought on the lack of height in the team.

Obviously playing Medo & Spearing in the middle of the park we lack height big time. 

Add to this the two current wide men Eagles & Feeney neither could be regarded as good in the air. only Chungy would possibly tick that box.
We would all probably want Mavies to start but again he is vertically challenged.

Added to this, we currently have Beckford up front who despite certain qualities, he lacks the ability to head a ball when delivered from the goalkeeper or back four.

So unless we play it on the deck any ball pumped up front, is a wasted ball the second ball lands in midfield and again we are out jumped if the ball bounces to any height.

Just to compound this, from any set piece it would be unlikely for Beckford or the centre halves particularly Ream (small for a centre half) to pose a threat to be fair Mills managed this on Saturday.

It just seems we are morphing into a pretty small first eleven especially down the spine of the side. I have no problem with playing it on the deck to counter this but a lot of the time we hump it out of defence and give possession away, putting pressure on the midfield then ultimately the back four. Do you think this is a problem.?

2Light on Height ? Empty Re: Light on Height ? Mon Oct 21 2013, 19:36

I've always thought the balance of Medo and Spearing isn't right, too similar both physically and in their style.

3Light on Height ? Empty Re: Light on Height ? Tue Oct 22 2013, 01:18

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I don't give a fuck.

4Light on Height ? Empty Re: Light on Height ? Tue Oct 22 2013, 07:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:I don't give a fuck.
...about what?

5Light on Height ? Empty Re: Light on Height ? Tue Oct 22 2013, 07:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wessy wrote: "So unless we play it on the deck any ball pumped up front, is a wasted ball the second ball lands in midfield and again we are out jumped if the ball bounces to any height."

...but our main problem is the ability of our players to pass accurately and move into space to retain possession so unless there's a dramatic improvement, playing it on the deck isn't a solution.

Dilemma.

6Light on Height ? Empty Re: Light on Height ? Tue Oct 22 2013, 13:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

rammywhite wrote:
...about what?
About football anymore, i'll get over it.

7Light on Height ? Empty Re: Light on Height ? Tue Oct 22 2013, 13:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
...about what?
About football anymore, i'll get over it.
Give over- you can't live without football. What would you rather have-  the utter mediocrity of a mid table team or the total despair of supporting BWFC at the minute where you can have a bloody good moan about everything. I 'd rather have the latter

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum