Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Development squad: Blackpool 2-7 Bolton

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wilkinson hits four as Wanderers progress

Wanderers’ development squad ensured their progression into the quarter finals of the Lancashire FA Senior Cup with an emphatic 7-2 drubbing of Blackpool on Tuesday afternoon.

The Whites had raced into a 3-0 lead at the break thanks to Conor Wilkinson’s hat-trick, but the Seasiders pulled two goals back shortly after the restart through Steve Davies and an own goal from Andy Kellett.

Not to be deterred however, Bolton hit back with another strike from Wilkinson, a superb solo effort from Chris Lester and a brace from Kellett to set up a last eight tie with Manchester United.

Wanderers started brightly and their early pressure was to yield the opening goal of the game inside two minutes as Zach Clough chased the ball downfield before threading it into the feet of Wilkinson who slotted home.

Having begun in such emphatic fashion, the Whites proceeded to double their advantage just three minutes later, this time Kellett providing the cross for Wilkinson who prodded the ball home from close range.

As the half wore on, Wilkinson went close to his hat trick after a mazy run from midfield, while Jan Gregus clipped the crossbar with his corner.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wilkinson and Clough sound very good prospects.

I see we have another Nolan in the ranks, he was an unused sub for todays game.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wilkinson is shit because it was Dougie who brought him here.

the other lad might be good though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think they have to play Manure in the next round who stuffed us 4 nil last time out, but it's a cup match so hopefully the youngsters will nick it.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

No matter how easy Wilkinson's goals may have been, he still had to put them in. All credit to the lads, I think - 7 goals in one game is pretty damned good going!
:like:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:No matter how easy Wilkinson's goals may have been, he still had to put them in. All credit to the lads, I think - 7 goals in one game is pretty damned good going!
:like:
:agree:  Can we have them all in the first team now Dougie! :biggrin:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum