Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Kevin McNaughton loan extended

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin McNaughton hopes Saturday’s home clash with Ipswich Town will not be his last for Wanderers.

The Scottish full-back has been a rock in the Whites defence since his arrival from Cardiff City on loan but will return to South Wales after this weekend unless his deal is renewed.

McNaughton admits the prospect of regular football is slim under Malky Mackay in the Premier League but he is yet to be told whether his Reebok stay will be prolonged.

“I don’t really know what is going on to be completely honest,” But I know I’m not really getting a look in at Cardiff and all I want to do is play football, so that’s my only aim at the minute.

“If the manager wants to extend it then brilliant, I’d love to stay on for longer. But I’m under no illusion, I’ll have to do well for the club first.”

Dougie Freedman indicated before Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday that he would be seeking talks with his opposite number Mackay over extending McNaughton’s stay, but would also need the deal to be ratified by owner Eddie Davies and the chairman Phil Gartside.

“It’s no use me saying I’d love to have him because there are a couple of hurdles that we need to get over first,” said Freedman.

“Kevin seems to be happy and he’s doing well. But Malky’s got one or two situations so I haven’t been in contact yet. When it comes about I’ll sit down and talk to them and take it from there.”

McNaughton is Cardiff’s longest-serving player and signed a new one-year contract in the summer.

But he has been out of the picture since the arrival of Kevin Theophile and John Brayford in the transfer window and could be available in January.

“I couldn’t even see myself getting into the squad and travelling, never mind the team,” the 31-year-old said.

“That became a bit of a problem for me, but when the gaffer told me he had been speaking to Dougie and that he was interested in taking me for a month, it was ideal.

“I knew the situation Bolton were in but I knew they were a good team last season and they still have the same players.

“Clubs can very easily find themselves in that difficult situation, it happens.

“But it didn’t stop me wanting to come here and see how it went.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Cardiff City defender Kevin McNaughton has extended his loan spell at Bolton until January.

The Scottish full-back, 31, has made three appearances for Dougie Freedman’s men and is yet to be on the losing side ahead of today’s Championship clash with Ipswich.

McNaughton, who joined Cardiff from Aberdeen in 2006, was set to return to the Welsh capital next week, but both clubs have agreed a two-month extension.

Nicknamed the "Silver Fox" by teammates because of his greying hair, McNaughton has won four caps for Scotland.

He made his international debut for Scotland against Nigeria in 2002.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

League one standard, should have sent him back. 

another fuck up by dougie coyle.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's one bit of good news in a week when we lose 2 more players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum