Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10.

+10
Culcheth_White
Banks of the Croal
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
bryan458
doffcocker
boltonbonce
karlypants
observer
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not good is it, no signs of getting any better either , which is the most worrying point.

Sad times for BWFC.

No win at home.

scoring 11, but letting in 20.

2P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:28

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:Not good is it, no signs of getting any better either , which is the most worrying point.

Sad times for BWFC.

No win at home.

scoring 11, but letting in 20.
You mean you are not hopeful with two home games and two lousy points!  Sheez... what would you expect?  Wins at home?  It's a far cry from the fortress under BSA.

3P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are currently sitting in the 21st position, heart breaking.

We have become stale, having hardly any attempts on target.

It does look like playing in league 1 next season a possibility. Sad

4P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:33

I said this on Chatbox - Sack DF and Lawrence of NoIdea now, roll the dice and put Phillips and Lee in charge for the rest of the season.

Realistically, what have we got to lose?

We're League One bound anyway under the current set-up.

5P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed. Would have given them the chance in the first place.

6P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There were plenty of "Freemdan out"/"Time to go Dougie" calls where I sit in the West Stand Upper.
Especially when he tried bringing Pratley on for the last 10 seconds. Obviously, it was wise to waste a bit of time, drawing at home to Ipswich.

7P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:59

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

FUCKING GARBAGE YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!, out fought, out thought, out muscled, out skilled, out ran, OUT FUCKNG EVERYTHINGED. 90% of these so called footballers aint fit to wear that great shirt, Gartside and Freedman are shaming the  club week in and week out, DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!!!!.

8P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 18:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Where do the board draw the line with this guy, it's obviously not working.

No attacking flair at all, the players are obviously not playing for him, even Spearing doesn't look that bothered anymore.

I hope the board do the right thing and end it with Freedman now,

9P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 18:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman is out of his depth, virtually everything he does is a disaster. His lack of tactics and substitutions is mind-boggling at times.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel with this clown, I hope one more defeat will be the end.

10P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 19:10

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Had enough now, time to get shut, todays performance was the worst I've seen all season, no excuses, couldn't even say we were unlucky.

I'd also put Philips and Lee in charge, sure they couldn't do any worse.

11P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 19:22

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Another pile of shite! We hardly worked the Ipswich keeper apart from Medo's free kick. We can't create anything and it's worrying when teams like Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich etc who imo are average Championship teams, yet they look much better than us and that's when we're playing at the Reebok!

12P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 19:28

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't mind drawing with Ipswich- it was the football we played. It was utterly mediocre and its clear that the malaise in the dressing room is now on the pitch.Tactically it was a disaster. At around 55 minutes we should have been substituting two of them- but as usual far too late.
Why is it that everyone else can see it- but Freedman and his geriatric side kick can't?
Is it just bone brained stubborness- I'm right and thst's all there is too it. Or is he genuinely incapable of getting these guys to play as a team.
I just get the impression that they're all playing to put themselves in the shop window in January. If that's the case- good. On todays performance there's only Ream,Lonergan and Chungy that I would keep

13P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 21:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's a strange one if you read twitter views tonight you would say Dougie has lost the fans altogether but go on facebook and it's pretty much the opposite.

I reckon he has 3 more games to save himself.

14P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 21:45

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thing is I am looking aat it as a faan of the cclub.

Players are shite
Tactics are shite
Owner who doesn't give a shite
Chairman who is more bothered about Wembley than Bolton

Sack Dougie and we definitely have no money to trade with come January.
Sack Dougie but we still have the shite players for another poor manager (whether it be Jimmy Philips or not) to try to train but be unsuccessful - do we really want Jimmy to fail, if so appoint him manager and he will fail because of the players attitude!

We are currently in a definite no win situationa nd things will only get worse before they get better and we are now stuck with what we have until at least January - if we keep Dougie or until the summer if we sack Dougie!

15P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

An owner who doesn't give a shit? What the fuck are you talking about, he's put a shit load of money into the club over the years and at the moment is getting nothing back from his investment so can you really blame him at the moment for not backing this tosser.

I've said it for weeks but with the right man in charge with this set of players we would be much closer to the play offs than we are right now.

As for tactics then that's the managers problem, to be honest I don't think the players even know what Dougies tactics are really, he changes the starting 11 every week.

16P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:An owner who doesn't give a shit? What the fuck are you talking about, he's put a shit load of money into the club over the years and at the moment is getting nothing back from his investment so can you really blame him at the moment for not backing this tosser.

I've said it for weeks but with the right man in charge with this set of players we would be much closer to the play offs than we are right now.

As for tactics then that's the managers problem, to be honest I don't think the players even know what Dougies tactics are really, he changes the starting 11 every week.

He buys out the club from the fans at a price so much under the valuation that it was basically daylight robbery. Yes ploughed money in and actually told Coyle to f Off but what day to day handling does he ever do? If he had any true ounce of white blood then he would know what Gartside has basically done to this club since just before Allardyce left!!! Yes most of the money now comes from his acounts in Bermuda - thus not paying his taxes. We are just being use as a tax evasion for him and nothing else!!!

If he was really interested in the club, during our heydays under Allardyce he could have easily brought investors into the club to give us more scope, opportunity and a good ream - but he was too selfish and look where its got him and the club now!!!

17P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't go along with the "we just need to accept that we've not got the players" argument.
We were relegated on 36 points (a total that would have been enough in other PL seasons to stay up). The squad wasn't weakened that summer. There was no integral players lost, Spearing was added, and our once best player returned from injury.
This season we've brought in two or three players that the majority of the division couldn't afford.
The players just aren't playing as well as they could be, and the manager has to take some responsibility for that.

The job is harder than some fans think, but countless other managers are doing better jobs with worse resources than Dougie.

18P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The players just aren't playing as well as they could be, and the manager has to take some responsibility for that.

The job is harder than some fans think, but countless other managers are doing better jobs with worse resources than Dougie.
I agree.

I've heard people say there's no point in sacking him as no one else will do any better - this is rubbish. A bit of effort on the pitch would improve us 100%, the players just don't want to play for Freedman.

19P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You don't half talk crap at times Chris.

Davies bought the club when no one else would touch it. If he had not the club would have folded because they could not pay the outstanding bank loan back.

The owners of the shares did not have to sell them to Davies but something like 95% did!

So much for his 'day light robbery' of buying an 'undervalued' club!

In sport I was always taught to follow the ball and so to in business you need to 'follow the money'.

Forget about all this talk about Davies owning the club / why doesn't he invest more in players / Davies 'doesn't give a shite' / he should sack Gartside, etc, etc - and simply follow the money.

What I mean is that Davies wealth came from selling his kettle business which brought him just over £90 million. A year or two later following the recession (and the purchase of the club) his wealth (including the club as an asset) had fallen to just over £60 million.

There is simply no way that Davies therefore can underwrite the £125 or so million of the debt feom his personal wealth.

There is other money invested in the club that maybe under Davies name but certainly not from Davies pocket.

It would not surprise me in the least if Gartside has an investment in the club too via the offshore tax exile company Moonshift - it would explain how he's kept his job anyway.

Common sense will tell you that whoever has invested the £125 plus million will want it back some day and running the club financially into the ground isn't going to facilitate that now is it?

There's something not quite right at Bolton - nobody in their right minds would build up a debt of £135 million - so until we can understand where the money really as come from and when it really needs to be paid back, the club is going nowhere - no matter how much we want it to. So even if Freedman is sacked, the next manager in will still have the same problems of the squad we already have and little if any money to improve things.

This is it for us now for the foreseeable future - we better get used to it!

20P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Empty Re: P.13. W.1. D.7. L.5. PTS. 10. Sat Oct 26 2013, 23:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:I don't go along with the "we just need to accept that we've not got the players" argument.
We were relegated on 36 points (a total that would have been enough in other PL seasons to stay up). The squad wasn't weakened that summer. There was no integral players lost, Spearing was added, and our once best player returned from injury.
This season we've brought in two or three players that the majority of the division couldn't afford.
The players just aren't playing as well as they could be, and the manager has to take some responsibility for that.

We've since lost or let go -

Klasnic
Petrov
Kevin Davies
Alonso
Ricketts
Reo-coker
Jussi
and Boyata

We've also had Mark Davies out injured for what seems like ever - so to say the squad wasn't wakened is simply wrong.

We started last season crap under Coyle - which finally brought about his sacking (way, way, way too late imo).

Freedman didn't start off all that well but did put a fantastic run together - but it as to be said we had a lot of luck during it too.

We've simply gone back to what I consider normal for the team - simply unbalanced and not good enough overall.

Sack Freedman by all means but I honestly don't think whoever comes in can do much with the squad that we have and the money that they are on.

It's only when the likes of Knight, Ngood, Mears, etc are off the wage bill that whoever is manager at the time may have some room to maneuver.

We've just got to get used ti it that the good days have gone for us and we won't see them back anytime soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum