Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you were the BWFC manager......

+14
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
NickFazer
wanderlust
JAH
Bolton Nuts
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
doffcocker
scottjames30
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 18:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Right, we all think we could do a better job than Freedman, ok lets face it we couldn't do much worse but give me five changes you'd make if you came in to manage the club.

I'll make mine .

1. First priority is to get rid of Ngog, no matter what, he's going.

2. Bring a strength of mind person in/ hypnotist, the players need/will believe in themselves once again.

3. Teach history lessons about the club to them, make them feel proud to wear the great shirt, that we're all proud to wear.

4. I'd teach them to pass the ball to the feet, to feed the strikers, mix it up a bit.

5. I'd make Klasnic my first signing.

What five changes would you make ?

1. Sign Klasnic on a life-time contract.

2. Make him Captain.

3. Re-name the East Stand "The Ivan Klasnic Stand."

4. Make all the other players wear Ivan Klasnic masks so they'd look dead fit and sexy like him.

5. Kill N'Gog with a shovel.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ngog is a bad finisher, not a bad player. Kevin Davies was a pathetic finisher but an integral part of the team nonetheless for a period of seven or eight years. Ngog could perform a similar role if he wanted to but isn't showing the level of strength and ability to rile defenders and bring other players into the game that he's capable of. Obviously, he thought he'd be off in August and doesn't wanna be here. There's nothing to be gained from letting him rot in the reserves, he just needs a rollicking. In the mean time I'd give Craig Davies a long overdue opportunity.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman's nailed it for me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Ngog is a bad finisher, not a bad player. Kevin Davies was a pathetic finisher but an integral part of the team nonetheless for a period of seven or eight years. Ngog could perform a similar role if he wanted to but isn't showing the level of strength and ability to rile defenders and bring other players into the game that he's capable of. Obviously, he thought he'd be off in August and doesn't wanna be here. There's nothing to be gained from letting him rot in the reserves, he just needs a rollicking.
Ha ha, after 3 seasons of shite you're still trying to big the useless wanker up!

I think you love him. Or you're his mother.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish doffcocker would stop thinking Ngog will come good.

Give up the ghost son, let it go.

Cheers Sluff.

But it was an obvious choice, wasn't it?

All Hail King Ivan !!!!!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Cheers Sluff.

But it was an obvious choice, wasn't it?

All Hail King Ivan !!!!!!
You'll get used to goal scorers one day, I promise you, one day you'll overcome your fear of them.

With a little help of course.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I wish doffcocker would stop thinking Ngog will come good.

Ngog came good a long time ago. A mixture of injuries, poor mentality and managerial decisions have prevented him doing it with regularity.
His wages and questionable attitude make him and Bolton Wanderers a bad match, but to say he's a lost cause with nothing left to offer is stupid.

10If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 18:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He can't control a ball or shoot straight. How is that down to tactics or attitude?

11If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 18:44

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Ngog came good a long time ago. A mixture of injuries, poor mentality and managerial decisions have prevented him doing it with regularity.
His wages and questionable attitude make him and Bolton Wanderers a bad match, but to say he's a lost cause with nothing left to offer is stupid.
I don't think he has anything to offer the squad though, that's the thing.

why does he play regular is beyond me, he has to go imo.

12If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 18:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I don't think he has anything to offer the squad though, that's the thing.

why does he play regular is beyond me, he has to go imo.
:agree:

13If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 19:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:He can't control a ball or shoot straight. How is that down to tactics or attitude?
Nor could Kevin Davies.

He's at his best when he's throwing his weight around in a way that creates balls for other players to attack. He's spent most his time alongside players that are too old and slow to do that.

He would be excellent with the right dedication, now that we have a quick, technically gifted player like Beckford for him to work with. A top manager would come in and look to get the best out of him.

14If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 20:02

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I completely agree with you Doffcocker N'Gog is not delivering anywhere near what he could with the right management but then I could say the same for over half the team under Moron Freedman. So sadly he'll end up leaving for peanuts or less and end up delivering for someone who can harness his talents.

15If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 20:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

N'gog has very little talent to harness. Can't pass,shoot or even control a ball without looking like he's being hampered by a colostomy bag. Not that the rest of them are any great shakes,but please let him disappear in January.

16If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 20:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:N'gog has very little talent to harness. Can't pass,shoot or even control a ball without looking like he's being hampered by a colostomy bag. Not that the rest of them are any great shakes,but please let him disappear in January.
Coyle must have got a back hander for buying this heap of shit.

I just can't see otherwise.

17If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Sun Oct 27 2013, 23:25

Bolton Nuts

Admin

1. No long passing allowed. Ever. If you can't make a ten yard pass properly what chance that you will make a 70 yard pass...

2. Put Danns in central midfield. He is good enough and creative enough to make incisive and devestaing passes to our front players.

3. If I thought a player was being lazy I would sub him off and leave him out of the next game. Within a couple of games my first eleven would all be fully committed players.

4. I would do everything to bring in Dawson and maybe Elmander too.

5. My players would be told to never ever switch off. Zat knight is the most guilty I have noticed of this but nearly all pros do it. Beckford does it. did it on sat. You know, that moment after a pass or a shot doesn't come off and the player puts his hands on his head like ooooooohhhhhh. You are not in the crowd, get on with the game, never stop. Be a pro!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

18If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Mon Oct 28 2013, 14:16

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Biggie defo has my vote, so I'm going to copy a couple and add to them!

1. No long passing allowed. Ever. If you can't make a ten yard pass properly what chance that you will make a 70 yard pass. I'd go as far as fines for unsuccessful long balls or maybe dropped from the squad to the reserves for a week! That also goes for the keepers. Pass or roll it out to a players feet! Keeper pass it to defender - if a defender doesn't make himself available for a pass - all defenders on the pitch get fined!

2. Defensive mids - Only play 1 at home! Flippin 'eck has he ever played a football management game? My guess is not ever because it shows! And an extension to point 1, failure of a midfielder to help out a defender when in possession forcing the defender to go long - all midfielders on the pitch get fined!

3. Put Danns in central midfield. He is good enough and creative enough to make incisive and devestaing passes to our front players. Furthermore, Doogie you complete twerp, stop playing players out of position. Stop playing central midfielders in wing positions! FFS! Pratley on right wing, Danns on left wing! (not in the same game!)

4. Recall Sordell! It was one of the single most stupid pieces of business by letting him go out on loan. The partnership that Sordell and Beckford could strike up with Danns behind would scare the socks of most Championship defences. 

5. Play video after video of Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Arsenal games to the players and teach the fuckers! Why do our players stand still and marked? Why are they not moving into space to help out a fellow player. At home we should be playing a pressing game when not in possession not retreating and letting them have equal or more stats with the ball! WE'RE AT HOME FFS! We should be dominating teams. If the players aren't fit to run around for 45 mins then train them so they can! If they still can't fine them, drop them or both! Play 4-4-2 AT home and 4-5-1 away with 2 defensive mids if you want to nick a goal and shut up shop! 

This is simple stuff! I have never done a coaching qualification in my life and we can see all of this from the stands! It worries me what they teach coaches and managers these days! Rant over!

19If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Mon Oct 28 2013, 14:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. Play 3 CBs (Mills, Baptiste and perhaps Knight) and give the FBs freedom to play as supporting attackers. I'd go for the paciest 2 FBs we've got so that's White and one other.
2. One holding midfielder, preferably Ream.
3. I'd pick four midfielders on the basis of 2 criteria: their ability to retain possession and their ability to shoot accurately when the opportunity arises. I wouldn't waste a starting spot on any of our current strikers. Instead I'd expect the midfielders to rotate and take up a central position when appropriate so I'd be expecting lots of runners from midfield when we're in possession. If Beckford or Cavies can take on that role then they'd be in contention, but they would have to work harder and stop hanging on the shoulder of the CB waiting for a long punt upfield.
4. I'd be far more willing to rotate the squad and make changes earlier in the game if required - and I'd let the players know it. In some cases I'd be telling certain players that they are likely to be substituted so they need to put 90 minutes effort into an hour.
5. I'd play the same formation and tactics home and away so that the entire squad was in no doubt about what role they have.

20If you were the BWFC manager...... Empty Re: If you were the BWFC manager...... Mon Oct 28 2013, 19:08

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

5 - For home games

1 3 Centrebacks Mills / Knight / Baptiste with McNaughton and Ream as full backs
2 Either Spearing or Medo at home with Moritz or Danns  as the creative play maker.
3 Eagles and Lee or Hall on the flanks with instructions to get to the by line and take on the full back.
4 Bin the shut up shop bollocks, at the Reebok when we get in front we should look to get a 2nd then a third. 
5 Start better, when we were on a roll last season we got on top early in most games and scored a few early goals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum