Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman targeting good professionals in loan moves

+5
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman insists he is not searching for superstars as he bids to bolster his squad before the end of November.

Cardiff City striker Rudy Gestede is the latest player linked with a loan switch to the Reebok – and with the Whites boss also in the market for left-back cover for the injured Marc Tierney, it could potentially be a busy few weeks in the transfer market.

Wanderers bounced back to top form with a 2-0 win at Bournemouth on Saturday but Freedman is keen to learn from the dip his side suffered last December and January and make sure he has options going into the festive period.

“I have got three more weeks to go before the loan market closes and I need to try and make sure I get the right ones in,” he said.

“I’m not looking for big names or star names, I want people who know what it is all about and will work for the team.

“I made a mistake last year by not getting more people in and we dropped too many points because we didn’t have the energy.

“We need to get a couple in now to make sure we are nice and strong and keep this momentum going.”

Gestede has yet to start a Premier League game for Cardiff but the big target man was a regular in the last two seasons in the Championship, so would appear to fit the bill.

With Craig Davies still struggling to prove his fitness, Gestede could give some muscle up front that offers something different from Saturday’s goalscorers David Ngog and Jermaine Beckford.

Freedman has already tapped into Cardiff for one of their promotion heroes, Kevin McNaughton, and the tough-tackling Scot could be the blueprint for business he is looking to do in the coming weeks.

“Kevin is a great guy,” Freedman said. “He’s a professional who just wants to turn up every day and get better.

“He’s a pleasure to work with. I don’t want flashiness. I don’t like it. Bolton fans don’t deserve it and it’s not me.

“I want hard-working players and eventually if I can get a few of them to be local players then all the better, but that can only come with time.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't expect anything other than journeymen players considering the budget. It's almost embarrassing to think that the club needs to tell fans that we won't be making big signings - we know that already, but I'm sure one or two will still bemoan the fact that we aren't throwing millions at loanee wage bills.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't care if Dougie has to bring in journeymen or whatever. I just want to see players that are totally committed and put a shift in, which is the least a fan should expect. Players like McNaughton & Danns will do for me, given our current situation.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know it's a novelty under Freedman, but perhaps he could find a footballer comfortable with the ball at his feet.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

To be fair this is what you need in this league, players ready to put in a shift for the cause to help the creative players do their bit.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really don't care whether they are on loan or not as long as they do a decent job in propelling us up the table.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We don't deserve flashy players apparently

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Will people stop saying "put a shift in" - it drives me fuckin nuts ::mad::  find some other way of saying hardworking for christ sakes. Megson started that shite when he was here and I don't want ANYTHING to remind me of that Ginger twat.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No flair players then, just hard working plodders.. Ah well, as long as we get out of this rut were in.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:Will people stop saying "put a shift in" - it drives me fuckin nuts ::mad::  find some other way of saying hardworking for christ sakes. Megson started that shite when he was here and I don't want ANYTHING to remind me of that Ginger twat.
lol! 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum