Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jol and Dougie Freedman rule out moves for Wilfried Zaha

+3
Bolton Nuts
wanderlust
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fulham boss Martin Jol and Bolton manager Dougie Freedman have rejected talk linking them with moves for Manchester United's Wilfried Zaha.

Reports have suggested Fulham and Bolton are two of several clubs interested in signing Zaha, with Manchester United thought to be open to the idea of loaning the England Under-21 international.

Zaha, who signed for United last January but was immediately loaned back to Crystal Palace, has made just one appearance for the Red Devils in the Community Shield this term.

Jol has ruled out any swoop for Zaha, feeling he has enough options out wide in his squad.

"No," Jol said, when asked about reports of a bid. "He did very well actually in pre-season so there was no reason to make an enquiry about him.

"I feel that, on the flank, we are OK. We've got five or six... a few options.

"I told [Ashkan Dejagah] a couple of weeks ago, 'I want you to be the number one' but of course I want Duffers [Damien Duff] to be the number one, I want Bryan [Ruiz] to be the number one."

Freedman, who worked with Zaha during his time in charge of Crystal Palace, also played down the prospect of being reunited with the winger, albeit with his tongue in his cheek.

"He's coming into the building right now, doing his medicals and we're signing him permanently," joked Freedman. "People gossip and things get out - but they are putting two and two together because I had him at Crystal Palace.

"There has been no contact between me and David Moyes on Zaha and no contact between me and the chairman on bringing Zaha here."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So the bollocks rumour turned out to be bollocks - imagine my surprise!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

If I was zaha I would be gutted to not be getting games. Hero of the hour to deserve in weeks. Now nobody wants what is a player who really shud be lighting up games.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Biggie wrote:If I was zaha I would be gutted to not be getting games. Hero of the hour to deserve in weeks. Now nobody wants what is a player who really shud be lighting up games.
There are plenty who want him but not on his current wages!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exactly. I bet this ponce is more than happy to sit in the stands counting his cash.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We don't need him anyway, we have Ngog and beckford.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather have Feeney than Zaha the one season wonder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum