Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Referee to blame for Millwall defeat to Bolton Wanderers, says Steve Lomas

+2
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Lomas pointed the finger of blame at referee Graham Scott after his side were beaten at the Reebok.

The Millwall boss felt aggrieved that the Oxfordshire official did not stop the game for a head injury suffered by Nicky Bailey in the build up to Robert Hall’s opening goal.

And Lomas also reckons his team were denied two penalties en route to a 3-1 defeat against Wanderers.

“I’m bitterly disappointed about the first goal,” he said. “It is clearly a head injury and the fourth official said that into his mic five times, but the referee’s earpiece wasn’t working.

“But the referee saw the incident and still didn’t call it. It is probably the first time this year I’ve seen play waved on when a player has a head injury.

“It’s a key position for us because Nicky offers us some protection in front of our back four.

“We seem to be getting the short end of the stick more times than not when it comes to decisions. I spoke to the ref and he said his earpiece wasn’t working, but that’s irrelevant because he saw the incident and didn’t think it was a head injury.

“We had a couple of penalty claims turned down as well.

“We had a handball claim where Justin Hoyte goes inside Alex Baptiste and it hits his hand - you maybe get them one week but the next week you don’t.

“The challenge by Medo on Martyn Waghorn was definitely a penalty because he didn’t win the ball and his foot was high. It’s a free-kick in any other area of the pitch.”

Lomas admitted his side only had themselves to blame, however, for allowing Wanderers to regain the lead shortly before half time through Jermaine Beckford.

“We regrouped and showed courage and resilience to get back in the game - only to shoot ourselves in the foot. To get back to 1-1 with four minutes until half time, you’ve got to see it through,” he said.

“At 1-1, the second half would have been difficult for Bolton but they were able to sit deep and soak up pressure. We were growing into the game so we hurt ourselves. We can’t keep coming back from behind.

“There was a lot of good stuff but we’ve got to get tighter at the back and stop conceding silly goals at crucial times. We have to give ourselves more of a chance in games.

“We’re not far away but we’re conceding poor goals at critical periods. We kept the ball well in the second half but we could have been a little bit more creative.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A bad workman always blames a tool!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's twice we've won recently and yet the Preston spinster still hasn't ventured behind enemy lines for our delight and delectation.
Perhaps that might be tempting fate?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:That's twice we've won recently and yet the Preston spinster still hasn't ventured behind enemy lines for our delight and delectation.
You abuse me all week and then expect me to entertain you?

There are street girls for that.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:That's twice we've won recently and yet the Preston spinster still hasn't ventured behind enemy lines for our delight and delectation.

I don't abuse you Natasha. I respect your opinion and knowledge.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Desperate claims by an unpopular manager in fear of losing his job!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Creep!! Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Creep!! Very Happy
No seriously, I really do.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll require a similar admission by Soul Kitchen.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Steve Lomas wrote:"We had a handball claim where Justin Hoyte goes inside Alex Baptiste and it hits his hand - you maybe get them one week but the next week you don’t."
Hang in there until next week, Steve.
                                                  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soz.Very Happy

Get a room......

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

lol!