Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boro are setting their sights high.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boro are setting their sights high. Empty Boro are setting their sights high. Tue Nov 12 2013, 20:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Madrid...Middlesbrough.

Home from home.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Mourinho rates him rather highly by all accounts, he was a coach for him at Madrid.

Boro might be onto a winner with this guy.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's bloody cowd in winter in the north east. It could become his winter of discontent.

No experience of English football, for every Pochettino there's a Paulo Sousa. I'll reserve judgement at this point.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:No experience of English football, for every Pochettino there's a Paulo Sousa. I'll reserve judgement at this point.
I was thinking the same thing.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:No experience of English football, for every Pochettino there's a Paulo Sousa. I'll reserve judgement at this point.
Spot on. Southampton took a massive gamble with Pochettino and it has paid off...for now. I think we'll see a lot of clubs misled into looking overseas for a manager in light of what's happened there.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like what Rosler has done at Brentford but by and large the foreign managers haven't been all that successful if you discount Fergie, Rafa, Jose and Arsene.

Overall, the failures outweigh the successes. Roy Keane, Di Canio ( both Sunderland ), Kean, Berg ( Blackburn ) Sousa ( Swansea ) , Solbakken ( Wolves ), Gross, Santini, Ramos ( Spurs), Vengloss, Houllier ( Villa ), Sven ( City ), Houllier, Dalglish ( Liverpool ) , Ardiles, Gullit,  Kinnear ( Newcastle ),  Gullit, Vialli,  Grant ( Chelsea ),  Zola ( West Ham ), Martinez ( Wigan ), Di Matteo ( West Brom ), McLeish ( Birmingham ) Coyle ( Bolton )

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone wants a cut price Mourinho,an assocociation with a big club is an added attraction. Even the kit man from Barcelona might get a look in. In my opinion Boro might do well to have a punt with Mike Phelan.

10Boro are setting their sights high. Empty Re: Boro are setting their sights high. Tue Nov 12 2013, 23:42

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Paulo Sousa, was good at Swansea. He was very good actually and he continued the work that Martinez left and gave Rodgers a good platform to work.

He was unlucky at QPR but at Leicester he was shit.

11Boro are setting their sights high. Empty Re: Boro are setting their sights high. Tue Nov 12 2013, 23:46

He's managing Maccabi Haifa, but ye he's not the best example of poor foreign managers. See RT's list for more extensive coverage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum