Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you like setting fires?

+4
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
Quent
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you like setting fires? Empty Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 14:54

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I do.

I love the smell of burning wood, coal or bodies. When I was a kid we used to nick 'For Sale' signs and burn them in the park, I think this is where I got the taste for it.

Even now, well into my 20's, I still have to stop myself from taking these signs when I walk past one.

There's something great about burning stuff, even if it's just a court fine in an ashtray. Do you like burning stuff and what would you like to burn in an ideal world?

2Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 14:57

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Who doesn't like burning things.

What would I burn in an ideal world?

Megson..

3Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:03

Bolton.

4Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:08

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Love setting fire to things - I must be one of the original twisted fire-starters!!!

I would burn Ewood Park first, second and thirdly, followed by Darwen and the the whole of Blackburn.

5Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry you love the smell of burning bodies?

right, a guy who burns bodies and shags hookers.

6Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:20

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I'm not coming across as a very nice guy am I? I assure you I am.

7Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quent is definitely my favourite poster.

8Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've certainly got a vivid imagination.

9Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:22

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You've certainly got a vivid imagination.

Just for the record, the bodies bit was a joke before people get the wrong idea.

10Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quent wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:You've certainly got a vivid imagination.

Just for the record, the bodies bit was a joke before people get the wrong idea.

oh... pale

11Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 15:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mobile phone shops.

12Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 17:39

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I liked setting fire to stuff when I was a kid. A popular pasttime was to buy a few boxes of matches, light one match, wedge it into the end of the box, and hold it in your hand until just the right moment before the whole box went up. 7p well spent.

In my first year at university, I lived on campus in halls of residence with a shared kitchen and bathrooms. I was on a floor with a great set of lads, 2 of which are among my best friends to this day.

Anyway, the university had had a porters lodge, and it was part of their remit to patrol the various accommodation blocks. There were three of them who worked shifts. Len, who was quiet as a mouse, Big Dave, who was a terrific bloke and was known to stop off for a chat and a joint while doing his rounds, and Ivor, who was a silver haired, bespectacled Hitler with a rotund face and a serious demeanor.

Ivor has this wonderful knack of coming into our floor just as we were doing stuff we shouldn't be doing, like having a can fight (my mate has a scar above his right eye to this day) or shouting abuse at passers by. In fact, one of the lads nearly got thrown out of university for shouting "show us your beavers" at a bunch of prospective female students who were passing by outside our kitchen window, because they were mostly foreign students and it was misheard as "show us your visas", which would have been racist. He had to explain to a disciplinary panel that he wasn't being racist, but sexist instead, and got off with a warning.

Anyway out of sheer stupidity one night in the kitchen, there were about six of us sat round drinking Spar lager and playing a drinking game called "Arsehole". I decided to set fire to a piece of paper on the kitchen table.

At the exact moment I had my lighter to the end of a piece of paper, Ivor walked in to the kitchen.

He said, "what are you doing, son?"
The best reply I could think of was, "intellectual escapism".

13Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 21:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interestingly enough, criminal profilers reckon that a significant percentage of children who start fires in younger life go on to be armed robbers!

14Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 22:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When out in Cyprus, in 1974, just after the invasion, the troop went to a local bar and proceeded to eat, and get pissed. As some of you will know, a pastime of drunken servicemen is to jump on the table and proceed to strip, to the tune of 'Zulu Warrior', When naked, he, or on one accassion, she, was doused with beer. We had a scouser who was always boasting about how he did the dance of the flaming arseholes, in a German bar. This 'dance' followed on from the original Zulu Warrior, when the dancer shoved a rolled up piece of paper up his arse, lit it, and danced about for a short while, until someone put it out. On this occassion, we dragged this boasting scouser to perform the dance, and seeing that he ouldn't get out of it, agreed to do it. The only paper available was a Greek newspaper, so this was rolled up, and placed in a suitable location. So there he was with a rolled up doublepage up his arse, when the paper was lit. Unfortunately Greek newspapers are made of very thin paper, and this one began to unroll as soon as he started to move around. This had the effect of opening out and forming a funnel for the flames. It all happened very quickly, and we've never seen anyone dance so well, or so wildly. Thinking how well he'd done, we threw the obligatory beer on him. After his visit to the medical wing. he took only a week to recover. He declined all requests for a repeat performance. Very Happy

15Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 22:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe that's where Johnny Cash got his inspiration for ' burning ring of fire.'

16Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 22:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Or even 'Great balls of fire' Smile

17Do you like setting fires? Empty Re: Do you like setting fires? Tue Apr 17 2012, 22:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least if the tax man came snooping they wouldn't find a paper trail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum