Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Megson to manage Scunthorpe

+8
Sluffy
Keegan
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
boltonbonce
NickFazer
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 12:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently Megson is going to go back into management managing Scunthorpe.

2Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 12:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How the mighty have fallen.

3Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 12:10

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How the mighty Scunny have fallen. He might be what they need to be fair.

4Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 12:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The letter 'S' was invented in Scunthorpe. For obvious reasons. Meggo has at last found his level.

5Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 13:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Who put the cunt in scunthorpe - Megson.

6Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 13:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just the right level for this tosser Twisted Evil 

7Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 13:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Ou7UKLlps

Match made in heaven this. A shithead for a shithole.

8Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 13:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Ou7UKLlps

Match made in heaven this. A shithead for a shithole.
lol! 

9Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 13:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I thought this was too easy - but you guys went ahead and did it anyway!

I'll join in... now we know who the cunt in Scunthorpe is! :flash: 
I've heard they plan to change their name to Smegsonthorpe!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 14:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good luck to him.

I never had a problem with him unlike most it seems.

He was left an over the hill squad by Allardyce (why do you think he left - he's no mug is Sam) and a horrible start to the season by Sammy Lee and had to quickly get players in, which meant he had to buy who was available for top dollar.

He had to play a system to keep us up - which the paying punters detested - and he got dogs abuse from them for doing so.

Compare that with everyones darling for such a long while - Owen Coyle - whose buys were so bad he kept on playing Megson's players with his sat on the bench, whose style of 'attacking' football was anything but, and whose points per game average was lower than Megsons! Oh and the clown got us relegated, spent whatever money we had left on players like Ngog and Sordell and signed useless tossers to long contracts and big wages such as Mears, Andrews and Pratley.

Megson had a rough deal from us as far as I'm concerned so I hope he makes a good go of it with Scunthorpe.

11Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 14:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good manager Megson, wish him luck.

12Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 14:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Megson achieved nothing at Bolton that other managers couldn't given the resources and circumstances at the time, including Coyle.

He hasn't caused a stink at his every club so there's no saying it won't work out at Smegsonthorpe. But if the smackheads are queuing up for his head after two weeks, he won't have my sympathy.

13Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 14:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well Lee couldn't - that's why he was sacked and Megson appointed.

I didn't think anyone would keep us up that year - so full credit to Megson for doing so.

I didn't think anyone would get us relegated with the team and resources Coyle had - but he did.

He continued to play 4-4-2 with two wingers despite it clearly not working - and every team we played expecting and planning for it - and even when he eventually did it only lasted a few games - until the Wigan game.

How the fuck he couldn't see we needed a replacement for Holden in the January window is beyond words or reason - instead he got suckered into buying Sordell, clearly without much research on him before hand.

Megson certainly wasn't that bad or stupid!

14Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 15:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think hindsight makes Megson appear a worse manager than he actually was. However bad he was,he was better than Coyle,who probably got a more patient reaction because of his ex-player status. Does anyone else think Sammy Lee didn't get a fair chance at the job?

15Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 15:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I could go on all day about Megson's persistence with mindless tactics and poor use of resources. He didn't get us relegated where Coyle did because the job was easier, not because he was brighter.

16Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 15:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I could go on all day about Megson's persistence with mindless tactics and poor use of resources. He didn't get us relegated where Coyle did because the job was easier, not because he was brighter.
Brighter? Owen Coyle made some stupid signing and not only that, he gave them contracts for five years so we couldn't get rid, cheers Owen.

17Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 15:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Megson shat it with the fans because of his attitude towards them lot!! When he arrived the bonfire for him was already burning fiercely, but to throw petrol on it with some of his comments beggared belief. The man's a right Cnut in my book, it's a pity Gartside didn't sack himself when ginger nuts got potted!!
The win against scum was his only plus in all that bullshit he spouted. He pined for the Wednesday job all the time he was with us and lasted even less there than at the Reebok!! That one really made me smile.

18Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 16:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Megson shat it with the fans because of his attitude towards them lot!! When he arrived the bonfire for him was already burning fiercely, but to throw petrol on it with some of his comments beggared belief. The man's a right Cnut in my book, it's a pity Gartside didn't sack himself when ginger nuts got potted!!
The win against scum was his only plus in all that bullshit he spouted. He pined for the Wednesday job all the time he was with us and lasted even less there than at the Reebok!! That one really made me smile.
This is why I can't stand the nob!

I will never forget when he turned on the fans after the Blackburn game and tarred everyone with the same brush!

As a manager, you shouldn't be getting personal like that with your own fans.

19Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

I will never forget when he turned on the fans after the Blackburn game and tarred everyone with the same brush!

He actually went up in my estimation when he slagged the Bolton fans off - he was right, just read some of the shite written on here for proof.

20Megson to manage Scunthorpe Empty Re: Megson to manage Scunthorpe Sun Nov 24 2013, 17:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:

He actually went up in my estimation when he slagged the Bolton fans off - he was right, just read some of the shite written on here for proof.
Was you at the Blackburn game Nat?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum