Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scottish Independence.

+15
Copper Dragon
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Scottish Independence. Empty Scottish Independence. Tue Nov 26 2013, 12:50

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With the publishing today of the paper on Scottish Independence, what will be the true cost for Scotland and for the others remaining in the UK be?
Will the Scottish Government proportionately repay for the bailing out of RBS or will they choose to turn a blind eye?
Will being a member of the EU be on the agenda, and could Scotland become another sick man of Europe?
Or is this just a bunch of 'Bravehearts' stamping their feet and going on a power trip?
Seems a bit half in half out to me.

2Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Nov 26 2013, 12:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to their manifesto they wish to keep the Pound. Now how will that work?

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/independence-blueprint-published-2

3Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Nov 26 2013, 13:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some interesting snippets from ' Oor Salmond '

Having set out plans to keep the pound, the paper states that Scotland would "not seek membership" of the eurozone.

The paper also sets out plans for Scotland to negotiate its way from "being a Nato member as part of the UK to becoming an independent member of the alliance".

It goes on to state: "Scotland would take our place as one of the many non-nuclear members of Nato."

On the issue of Trident nuclear weapons, which are currently based on the Clyde, the paper pledges: "Following a vote for independence we would make early agreement on the speediest safe removal of nuclear weapons a priority."

"We have contributed more in taxes per person than the rest of the UK for every single one of the last 32 years."

"We'll have to tackle a legacy of debt, of low growth, of social inequality, bequeathed to us by Westminster control of our economy," he said.

4Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Nov 26 2013, 13:42

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Going to read the paper but this sounds like a Scotsmen with a massive chip on his shoulders.
Does this mean the old firm will never play in the Prem and Berwick will get thrown out?

5Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Nov 26 2013, 17:32

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's really a sterile debate as the opinion polls say that the vote will be a resounding NO vote- in other words keep things as they are.
So the real event at the referendum will be the end of Shreks (aka Alec Salmonds) political career.

6Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Nov 26 2013, 18:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:It's really a sterile debate as the opinion polls say that the vote will be a resounding NO vote- in other words keep things as they are.
So the real event at the referendum will be the end of Shreks (aka Alec Salmonds) political career.
It's funny you should say that Rammy because I watched the politics show on Sunday when the issue of Scottish independence was raised. It seems pretty obvious to me that most Scots will vote No and I suspect deep down that Salmond must know it as well.

7Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Nov 26 2013, 18:22

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wonder how much all this charade will have actually have cost when the day comes.
To assume continued membership of the Eurozone and to use the pound as a currency seems rather ill thought by Salmond and his mates.
It would appear that further assumptions about the longevity of the remaining North Sea Oil varies wildly, something which the income of the country is supposedly based on!
Has as been said a rather sterile debate, but what a waste of cash, given that the status quo will more than likely remain.

8Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Tue Nov 26 2013, 23:28

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:Some interesting snippets from ' Oor Salmond '

"We have contributed more in taxes per person than the rest of the UK for every single one of the last 32 years."

Really? Scotland has had more than its fair share of handouts from the state as well during this time.

Also there are some massive assumptions being made. Apart from assuming that they can keep the pound they seem to be overlooking the fact that as a new country they would have to apply to join the EU (and all new applicants have to join the Euro).

I don't think they will vote yes though. 

9Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 09:25

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

On the issue of Trident nuclear weapons, which are currently based on the Clyde, the paper pledges: "Following a vote for independence we would make early agreement on the speediest safe removal of nuclear weapons a priority."

Good, They are ours and are staying ours. 

Reading the rest of it, they sound like a bunch of moaning, deluded self-serving wankers. 

You take your Independence, we will take our billions a year in funding, our nuclear deterrent and our North Sea Oil pipeline back... 

10Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 09:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Its all about Salmon do ego. It'll finish up in the dustbin!!

11Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 11:12

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've glanced through the promises and pledges made and they're derisory.
Every tax will be reduced- every benefit will be increased. It's like a 12 year olds school essay of what they would like for the country for Christmas.
It's like a hostile divorce where one party says they'll have everything they want and the other party has no say in the matter
If the Scots are deluded into accepting this drivel and vote for independence- then good because they must all be as thick as pigshit, and we'd be better off without them

12Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 11:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

rammywhite wrote:I've glanced through the promises and pledges made and they're derisory.
Every tax will be reduced- every benefit will be increased. It's like a 12 year olds school essay of what they would like for the country for Christmas.
It's like a hostile divorce where one party says they'll have everything they want and the other party has no say in the matter
If the Scots are deluded into accepting this drivel and vote for independence- then good because they must all be as thick as pigshit, and we'd be better off without them
:clap:

13Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 13:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will be voting Yes.

14Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 13:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I will be voting Yes.
Make sure you show your passport at the Reebok!

15Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 18:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If they do get independence, can we deport DF if he doesn't perform well enough ? Very Happy

16Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 18:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It would make my day if they did vote yes.

17Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 19:26

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Why AD? What's your reasoning?

18Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Nov 27 2013, 19:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

AD has no time for anyone north of Tabley.

19Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Nov 28 2013, 09:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's official (sort of) - Scotland would have to apply to join the EU:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-25132026

and Spain would probably veto their application as she doesn't want Catalonia doing the same thing!

20Scottish Independence. Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Nov 28 2013, 16:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Soul Kitchen wrote:Why AD? What's your reasoning?
My brother lives there and he's a twat plus I hate labour with a vengeance and it would likely cause them problems come election time.That said SK I don't like the Tories or the lib dems. Also it annoy's Hipster if you are anti scots:D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum