Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wylde Signed!!!

+7
xmiles
wanderlust
Banks of the Croal
largehat
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wylde Signed!!! Empty Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wanderers have pulled off a sensational transfer coup to sign Scotland Under-21 international Gregg Wylde on a free transfer.

The Bolton News can reveal that Owen Coyle has pipped the likes of Aston Villa, Everton, Wigan Athletic, West Ham and Charlton to tie up the 20-year-old winger, whose contract at cash-strapped Glasgow Rangers was terminated by mutual consent earlier this month.

Although FIFA still need to ratify the move, and be satisfied that his spell at Ibrox ended solely because of the SPL side’s perilous financial position, it is hoped Wylde, pictured, could be registered early next week with the Premier League after signing a three-year deal.

Coyle is keen to hurry the move through in order for the midfielder to play a part in the Whites’ relegation fight, and speaking yesterday, he hinted that a deal was on the cards.

“He is a very talented young player,” the manager said. “He has played an awful lot of games at a young age for Rangers. Without going overboard, he is one we would like at this football club. There is no doubt about that.”

Coyle tried to sign Wylde last summer for £400,000, but the youngster chose to stay in Glasgow to sign a new five-year deal. When Rangers went into administration at the start of the month, Wylde agreed to tear up his contract in an effort to avert job losses at the club.

It was reported that Celtic were the first club to make a move, quickly rejected by the player himself, but in the 10 days since he left Ibrox, it is understood that 17 different teams have registered an interest.

Reports surfaced yesterday that League One pacesetters Charlton had won the race for the pacy midfielder, but it is understood that Wanderers’ offer is now nearly over the line.

Given the right permission from the sport’s governing body, and pending fitness, Wylde could be ready to face Wolves in a fortnight’s time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this true?

because it is a fantastic coup if it is.

3Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has been on the radar for some time. With Myachi and Petrov being regular first teamers and Chung Yong Lee back on the mend I would love to know where Coyle sees him playing.

4Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He would walk into the first team.

5Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He might! Ryo has walked into the first team and quite rightly so. Who gets dropped for Wylde ?

6Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Petrov instantly.

7Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is a 20 year old on a 3 year deal with no fee, why are we worried about the next 10 games so much? It's a great signing.

Lets hear some praise for Owen Coyle.

8Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By the way this lad has talent, i've watched him a fair bit and he's positive, he can cross and he can pass. He's not Ronaldo or anything but i'd be very happy to see him try the premiership for size.

9Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:59

Reebok Trotter wrote:He might! Ryo has walked into the first team and quite rightly so. Who gets dropped for Wylde ?

Ryo won't be here next season and Petrov probably won't either, at the minute we have 3, in two month it could be 1. It's not just about the next ten games.

10Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Thu Mar 15 2012, 23:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sounds good to me, we seem to be attracting quite a few young players Ryo, albeit on loan, Sordell even NGog.

Plus a few of our own youngsters Bogdan, Alonso and Riley.

11Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 07:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It had to be as mentioned ages ago. He's young, he's cheap and he's a winger - perfect for OC. He may be a Hun but I'm happy he's arrived and confident he will do the defensive work when required, retain possession and deliver quality balls better than Petrov has been doing. I'd rate him as a competent PL player but he could turm out to be a good 'un.

12Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 08:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

11 posts and all of them positive. Is this a record?

13Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 09:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So when you titled this thread "Wylde Signs" you actually meant he might sign.

I suspect he'll regret not going to Charlton if he does sign for us, League 1 is about his standard.

14Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 09:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So he hasn't actually signed then?
How disappointing. I checked out this thread expecting to see Tasha's stock comments (crap/average signing/not what we need/no ambition/Coyle out) and it's still only speculation?
Having believed it was a done deal, I'd already moved on and was looking forward to seeing Petrov warming the bench for a while.

15Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not officially signed yet: -

Although FIFA still need to ratify the move, and be satisfied that his spell at Ibrox ended solely because of the SPL side’s perilous financial position, it is hoped Wylde, pictured, could be registered early next week with the Premier League after signing a three-year deal.

I can't see him not signing but if FIFA decide to be awkward then you never know.

16Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:37

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

largehat wrote:This is a 20 year old on a 3 year deal with no fee, why are we worried about the next 10 games so much? It's a great signing.

Lets hear some praise for Owen Coyle.

I'm pleased by this news, by the way. Wylde & Coyle in!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sounds like a decent bit of business for a freebie, 20 year old on a 3 year deal.

I know nothing of the lad but I will take Hipsters word he is a good player.

18Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 22:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The Bolton News seems to think he is already signed...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

19Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Fri Mar 16 2012, 22:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:The Bolton News seems to think he is already signed...

exactly why everyone is waiting for a proper story.

20Wylde Signed!!! Empty Re: Wylde Signed!!! Sat Mar 17 2012, 11:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ok now it's official: -

Manager Owen Coyle said: "To capture a player of Gregg Wylde's talent is a fantastic bit of business for the football club, especially given the interest that was shown in him by a number of other Premier League teams.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum