Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies get him back ASAP.

+11
Tigermin
Lifeofriley
scottjames30
Whitesince63
terenceanne
wanderlust
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
White84
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Thu Dec 05 2013, 20:54

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The one player who can create something out of nothing.A player who could change our fortunes.Lets hope so the sooner the better.Hope knight is dropped and we go back to the same back 4 we had since we dropped him.Not won a single match when he started.Went on a 8 match unbeaten run with him on the bench.Statistics speak for themselves.Should of been 9 unbeaten but the missed pen was a downer.

2Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Thu Dec 05 2013, 21:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will climb the table very fast when mark Davies is match fit.

3Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Thu Dec 05 2013, 21:18

Drop Spearing/Medo, put Danns alongside one of them and bring Mavies back into the team straight away I say.

4Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 01:29

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd still have Spearing holding but I would drop Medo .

5Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 07:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have any of you actually watched Mavies? I can't remember a single game which he dominated. I can remember loads of games where I thought he wasn't playing he was so anonymous.

This is just like the over the top love-in about Stuart Holden's return - he was going to be our saviour but turned out to be not very good.

6Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 08:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Have any of you actually watched Mavies? I can't remember a single game which he dominated. I can remember loads of games where I thought he wasn't playing he was so anonymous.

This is just like the over the top love-in about Stuart Holden's return - he was going to be our saviour but turned out to be not very good.
Sadly I have to agree. Too lightweight, a tap on the ankle will sort him out in any game.

7Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:I'd still have Spearing holding but I would drop Medo .
on current form Spearing has to be dropped, he has been very poor this season and his passing is awful.

8Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 09:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mavies and Stuey aren't back so its not even an issue. What is an issue is whether or not we'd be better off with a tactical and selection change using the players we have got available.
Dougie thinks not and he sees the squad all week, but I have a sneaking feeling that somewhere in the mix there's a combination that could deliver more than "containment" and the odd chance on the break.

9Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 09:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
on current form Spearing has to be dropped, he has been very poor this season and his passing is awful.
You ::bellend:: .

Spearing hasn't been great, but he is still the engine in the side and the only midfielder we have who can get himself in both boxes. Medo is pisspoor and should have been dropped weeks ago - but because Dougie hailed him as a great player he has to keep picking him.

If Dougie had picked Eagles or Moritz instead of Medo we'd have more points on the board.

10Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 11:35

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You obviously were not at Wolves away,Hull,Ipswich at home got a rocket shot can ghost past players.Anyone remember Liverpool when we were in the Premier when he beat four of their defenders before slipping it past Reina.At Huddersfield last year when he got injured played them off the field scored and one assist for Eagles.He draws players in to tackles in the penalty area ie Villa away just after Warnock had scored for them.He got 6 goals from 26 matches last year in which he was predominatly injured.Your logic would have Messi being to small.

11Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 12:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Spearing hasn't been great, but he is still the engine in the side and the only midfielder we have who can get himself in both boxes. Medo is pisspoor and should have been dropped weeks ago - but because Dougie hailed him as a great player he has to keep picking him.

If Dougie had picked Eagles or Moritz instead of Medo we'd have more points on the board.
i don't agree but nice use of the Reo-Coker picture!

12Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 12:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:You obviously were not at Wolves away,Hull,Ipswich at home got a rocket shot can ghost past players.Anyone remember Liverpool when we were in the Premier when he beat four of their defenders before slipping it past Reina.At Huddersfield last year when he got injured played them off the field scored and one assist for Eagles.He draws players in to tackles in the penalty area ie Villa away just after Warnock had scored for them.He got 6 goals from 26 matches last year in which he was predominatly injured.Your logic would have Messi being to small.
The mere fact you can remember every one of his contributions to the team makes my point perfectly.

13Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 17:16

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's going to take multiple games for Davo to get up to speed.  So don't expect much for a while.  Use him as a sub for 20 minutes ...
As for this game if we don't go into it with an attacking formation and be very positive then it's time to dump the Scotsman.  Surely a loss or draw would have even the most optimistic fans giving up on a top six finish.

14Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 18:13

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:It's going to take multiple games for Davo to get up to speed.  So don't expect much for a while.  Use him as a sub for 20 minutes ...
As for this game if we don't go into it with an attacking formation and be very positive then it's time to dump the Scotsman.  Surely a loss or draw would have even the most optimistic fans giving up on a top six finish.
I'd be interested in a show of hands for those thinking we've a chance of making the top six!?!

15Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Fri Dec 06 2013, 22:36

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:
terenceanne wrote:It's going to take multiple games for Davo to get up to speed.  So don't expect much for a while.  Use him as a sub for 20 minutes ...
I'd be interested in a show of hands for those thinking we've a chance of making the top six!?!
I'd be more interested in a show of hands for those thinking we can finish outside the bottom six and I'm being deadly serious about that. I think some on here want to wake up and realise what a sad situation this management has got us into.

16Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Sun Dec 08 2013, 15:28

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Davies did not take long to get up to speed after his injury v Huddersfield.His 1st match back Hull City 3-0 after 8 minutes one assist and one goal within 4 minutes.

17Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Sun Dec 08 2013, 15:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's alright at unlocking a defence every one in three games but he can't defend and is too lightweight, he won't make too much of an impact tbh.

18Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Sun Dec 08 2013, 15:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if Dougie is going to continue playing 4231, then Davies will fit in nicely as the player behind the main striker. I always thought that in a 442 he was anonymous bit always seemed to play better as one of 3 in midfield.

19Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:14

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:

i don't agree but nice use of the Reo-Coker picture!

------

Dropped Medo, played Eagles AND Moritz and we win 3-0... hmmm...
I hate to say it, and i will be washing my  ::bellend::  right after posting this... but i agree with Whittam. Mavies goes missing as much as he earns MOM. The only thing we've really missed since he's been injured is the penalties he wins us. However, i am excited to see if he links up well with Beckford and especially Mason.

20Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Empty Re: Mark Davies get him back ASAP. Mon Dec 09 2013, 15:16

Based off what I'm currently seeing of Mavies playing for the U21's against Liverpool, if Dougie needs someone to wander around aimlessly in the middle of the park, not doing much and generally watching the play pass him by.......Mark Davies is the man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum