Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman tells striker David Ngog to fight for his place

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Ngog has been told he must fight his way back into contention for a regular starting place at Wanderers.

Dougie Freedman insists he has had no contact from Bursaspor over his French striker, despite a flurry of reports from Turkey earlier this week.

But he admits the former Liverpool man is currently out of form – and that the player himself is growing frustrated with his lack of first-team chances.

Ngog is unlikely to feature against Charlton tomorrow but Freedman reckons there is still a chance for the 24-year-old to work his way back into the reckoning at the Reebok.

Reflecting on this week’s transfer tales, the Wanderers boss had his tongue in cheek as he said: “No one from Turkey has ever contacted us. It seems Turkey seems to be flavour of the month.”

Ngog has not started in the last six games for the Whites but Freedman insists he has no axe to grind with the striker.

“David is disappointed where he finds himself,” he said. “I have explained to him very simply that I think he has lost a bit of form over the last month and that has affected his confidence. One or two players have come in and done well. I am very loyal. I like no one and dislike no one.

“Everyone is here to work hard for the team. It is up to me to try and gauge the ones in form and he has lost his place through lack of form and other players have stepped up and done reasonably well.

“That brings up rumours that he will be leaving. I only want players who want to play for the jersey not because we have got a fantastic training ground or we pay good money. Everyone sticks to the rules. It’s a difficult time for David but he has got to fight his way back in.

“If anyone contacts me asking about him, he will be the first to know and he will tell me ‘yes or no’ then I will tell you what is happening. But it is rumour talk from agents, that one.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum