Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlton Athletic could have won against Bolton Wanderers says boss Chris Powell

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Powell reflected on a battling point at the Reebok, which edged his side a little further away from the bottom three.

The Charlton boss had reportedly been under pressure in the build-up to the game and has been hamstrung by a botched boardroom takeover that has left him with no cash to spend on players in the transfer window.

But Powell was delighted with the spirit his side showed against Wanderers and, he reasoned, could have been celebrating three points on a different day.

“I think [we deserved a point] over the course of the game,” said Powell. “I felt we really had the impetus at the start of the game and deservedly went in front. We had situations where we could have even gone further ahead. “We knew we would have to work hard defensively as 11 players. We were just a minute away from going in at half-time ahead. My team talk, and Dougie’s [Freedman], changed. “It was just that moment, a small detail, where we didn’t clear our lines and sadly [Kevin] McNaughton popped up and scored. We had to go into the second half positively, but my keeper and my back four really stood firm and made some crucial blocks. “My keeper made a really crucial save at 1-1, but equally so did [Andy] Lonergan to stop us going ahead. Overall, whatever the possession stats say, I think we had the same amount of chances as Bolton so I have got to be pleased. “We have responded from the defeat last week and we go into the Boxing Day game now with a bit more confidence. We know where we are in the league, but we can approach the Brighton game now with a bit more confidence on board.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum