Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next 15 games

+6
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
observer
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Next 15 games - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 06:28

Breadman wrote:If we're getting into the territory of benching players because playing them would cost us money, we're fucked.

And the whole system is fucked by definition.

"Yeah, he might score but it'll cost us 50K if he does........"

Seriously....what the fuck?

All true, but there's not even the slightest suggestion that this is the case.

Personally, I'd have stuck with Beckford and Im surprised Dougie didn't as (despite what people on here think) he's a decent striker who gets in good positions consistently. Which is far more than can be said for our strikers in recent years.

22Next 15 games - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:00

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree 74 I also rate Beckford and would certainly have stuck with him rather than all these temporary loans. I'd also liked to have seen him at least try to work with Sordell instead of farming him out with no gain as he's not even getting match time. Similarly I'd have liked to see one or more of our young strikers given some first team opportunities. All of these things to me are failures of management and why I want Freedman replaced.

23Next 15 games - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:24

I think you've misunderstood the situation, the benefit of loaning out Sordell was to free up wages for Moritz, with no Mavies/Holden we needed creativity from midfield I think he's given us that. We're operating on a really tight budget at the moment I think that was an excellent decision and not an easy one.

I'd like to see Wilkinson play (or others) but the 'give the kids a go' is a bit of a cliché and if it didn't work out we could do more harm than good.

I want to see Beckford back in the side though, the fans were very harsh on him really as was dropping him.

24Next 15 games - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 12:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
I want to see Beckford back in the side though, the fans were very harsh on him really as was dropping him.

:agree: 

25Next 15 games - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford has been poor of late, needing 5 easy chances to convert one - but he is very good at getting in the right positions, something none of our other forwards can do. Mason just looks lightweight.

Personally I'd have Craig Davies and Beckford upfront, but we all know Dougie lets his personal feelings cloud his judgement.

26Next 15 games - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i never did see the point in dropping Beckford, yes he missed a few chances but so do all strikers and strikers need confidence, not dropping as soon as they miss a couple.

As for bringing in a 19 year old for one month, its hardly been a roaring success either has it? He is not a lone striker and hasn't seen much of the ball in the games i've seen him play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum