Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January business..

+17
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
scottjames30
Wolton Banderers
Norpig
Whitesince63
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Sat Jan 04 2014, 23:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Scottish football is the pits. Some tight bastard made Charlie Nicholas watch Ross County on Soccer Saturday this afternoon and you could tell he was dying to say "...this is the biggest load of shite ever, I'm better than these wankers and I'm 52". He settled for "..there's not much quality on show".

Bollocks. There is plenty of talent in the UK providing managers are prepared to look for it. There is a glut of Scottish managers in the Premiership and Championship and they are not there just to make up the numbers.

62January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Sun Jan 05 2014, 13:00

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Per Sunday People:-

Bolton chief Dougie freedman wants to sign Craig Dawson from West Brom but has to wait on a new boss being appointed. Freedman is keen to bring the centre-half back after last year's loan. And in a double frustration for Wanderers their move for defender Kevin McNaughton is being stalled by the managerial change at Cardiff.

63January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Sun Jan 05 2014, 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Per Sunday People:-

Bolton chief Dougie freedman wants to sign Craig Dawson from West Brom but has to wait on a new boss being appointed. Freedman is keen to bring the centre back after last year's loan. And in a double frustration for Wanderers their move for defender Kevin McNaughton is being stalled by the managerial change at Cardiff.

get this sorted Dougie and i might think about not hating you quite so much

64January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Sun Jan 05 2014, 15:25

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What would WBA want for him just as the last time I looked in the kitty,there were 20p half a packet of opal fruits n what looked like a pubic hair attached to a boiled sweet.

65January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Sun Jan 05 2014, 22:31

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Frankly, at this stage I don't think Dawson is what we need. A couple of good full backs yes but not another bloody centre half. Wheater, knight, Ream and Baptiste can all play there but we're desperately short of decent full backs. I really do despair with Freedman in that he doesn't seem to have a clue what our deficiencies really are. If we're short of cash just cover the positions we really need not the ones we're already ok with.

66January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Sun Jan 05 2014, 23:24

Point is though Whites all of Knight, Mills and Wheater are on money which their performances so far doesn't justify. So if we can get one out, we can bring in an improvement.

Dougie's already in the market for a full back so as you say he knows where we need to strengthen.

67January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 10:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Per Sunday People:-

Bolton chief Dougie freedman wants to sign Craig Dawson from West Brom but has to wait on a new boss being appointed. Freedman is keen to bring the centre-half back after last year's loan. And in a double frustration for Wanderers their move for defender Kevin McNaughton is being stalled by the managerial change at Cardiff.

Not sure if this is bluster or not.
If WBA were even considering selling Dawson they'd want >£5 million for him, so I'm thinking loan at best, but you never know.
Surprised he's interested in McNaughton, except as a stopgap loan.
Left back needed for sure.

If Dougie can strengthen the back four, we may see a bit more emphasis on attack.

68January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 11:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nowt against Dawson ....but while we have chance lets look for a gem in a lower division or other country. West Brom don't think he is good enough so why do we.

69January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 12:01

Villa didn't think Gary Cahill was good enough Terrence, PSG didn't think Okocha was good enough. Not to mention the fact West Brom are a division above us and have 3 more centre halves who would walk into our starting line up.

Another loan is the best we can hope for with Dawson, but even then I'm sceptical. I do agree with Terrence in that we need to scout the lower leagues.

70January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 12:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Nowt against Dawson ....but while we have chance lets look for a gem in a lower division or other country. West Brom don't think he is good enough so why do we.

Wasn't that the cry when we got Danns and Feeney on loan.

"fck millwal resrve fkn says it al" 

next week "diggue sgin em up"

71January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 12:47

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm at the reebok for a meeting with work.

I SWEAR ive just seen Leroy Lita walking in to the Reebok with (what looks like) his Agent, Dougie and Mr Gartside.  :party: 

72January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 13:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

January sales!!!

73January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I'm at the reebok for a meeting with work.

I SWEAR ive just seen Leroy Lita walking in to the Reebok with (what looks like) his Agent, Dougie and Mr Gartside.   :party: 

Doubt we could afford Lita. I'm still hopeful a deal can be done for Earnshaw though.

74January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 13:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I'm at the reebok for a meeting with work.

I SWEAR ive just seen Leroy Lita walking in to the Reebok with (what looks like) his Agent, Dougie and Mr Gartside.   :party: 

Doubt we could afford Lita. I'm still hopeful a deal can be done for Earnshaw though.

a loan might be an option for him considering it's the off season in the MLS.

75January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 13:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

a loan might be an option for him considering it's the off season in the MLS.

He's just what we need. He's quicker than Beckford and a much better finisher.

Fit as well.

76January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 13:35

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Point is though Whites all of Knight, Mills and Wheater are on money which their performances so far doesn't justify. So if we can get one out, we can bring in an improvement.

Dougie's already in the market for a full back so as you say he knows where we need to strengthen.

Fair point 74 but I can't see Dawson being on less than those three so I'm not sure we'd gain a lot. As you say Dougie has indicated we need full backs so let's hope he can find at least a LB so we can try Ream in front of the back four again. It really seemed to suit his abilities there. Anyway, we'll see what happens in the next week or two.

77January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 13:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Fit as well.

I'm sure Spearing and Wheater would welcome Rob Earnshaw to the club as he'd give them a run for their money in the ugliest bastard in the Championship stakes.

He's that ugly, the midwife threw away the wrong bit at birth.

78January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I'm sure Spearing and Wheater would welcome Rob Earnshaw to the club as he'd give them a run for their money in the ugliest bastard in the Championship stakes.

He's that ugly, the midwife threw away the wrong bit at birth.

Listen to George Clooney.

79January business.. - Page 4 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Jan 06 2014, 14:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[url=www.skysports.com\football\championship\bolton\Rivaldo+set+to+sign+for+
trotters=Gartsideconfirmsfainpocket=display][/url]

Fucking hell! looking like a great window this!

RIVALDO  ::dance::

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum